• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Mairu

Crakatak187 said:
Ahh it's too late, I already uninstalled :lol

Edit: I'm back to around 16 Life Remnants. Who ever needs one just ask. I won't give the whole thing away to a person though.
I told you to just change channels :p

Hang out in 185 like all the cool kids

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Have you found anywhere better than the Bear Raid for grinding EXP?

They take forever to start here on East.
Nope, but you might as well do Blood Prince or something if you can to start working on the titles, won't take long to get to 38 doing it over and over

Crakatak187 said:
Yeah but I wanted to see if it gets rid of my campfire lag spike thing. I still get it at times.
Has that ever happened when you were hosting? It's probably just lag, I've had my spears turn into swords when I was in a party with terrible lag

Mairu said:
Nope, but you might as well do Blood Prince or something if you can to start working on the titles, won't take long to get to 38 doing it over and over

Actually I'm trying to grind to 31 so I can do Blood Prince. Thanks.

Oh wow, I just got Ellis's story line. This is like the only MMO game I've played so far where there's a story, and one that actually makes you care for the characters.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Life rems are like 12k :lol
prodystopian said:
Actually I'm trying to grind to 31 so I can do Blood Prince. Thanks.
Just get a group, do hard + maka for battle exp.
Guild group will give you bonus exp as well. Also buy quest items and turn them in to get 12-25k EXP at that level.

"Oh wow, I just got Ellis's story line. This is like the only MMO game I've played so far where there's a story, and one that actually makes you care for the characters."

I want to post a GIF from a movie featuring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, but I don't want to spoil for people who haven't played that far.

Hazaro said:
Life rems are like 12k :lol

Just get a group, do hard + maka for battle exp.
Guild group will give you bonus exp as well. Also buy quest items and turn them in to get 12-25k EXP at that level.

Problem was I couldnt keep a group together for Raids. Also, finally got a quest that led to Trampled Plains so I had something to do. Almost there. Thanks.

Teknopathetic said:
"Oh wow, I just got Ellis's story line. This is like the only MMO game I've played so far where there's a story, and one that actually makes you care for the characters."

I want to post a GIF from a movie featuring Ice Cube and Chris Tucker, but I don't want to spoil for people who haven't played that far.

You got knocked the fuck out? :lol

I'm finding it hard to advance in the story. It's always "find x of this" and I can never find it...

Is there any way to get rid of equipment other than mail or marketplace? I want to get rid of a crimson rage tunic and red metal longswords, but for some reason, it is telling me they can't be mailed even though it says mailable in the description.

prodystopian said:
Is there any way to get rid of equipment other than mail or marketplace? I want to get rid of a crimson rage tunic and red metal longswords, but for some reason, it is telling me they can't be mailed even though it says mailable in the description.

You could sell them to the craftsman in-game. Just go to Trade and drag it off the screen.

itxaka

Defeatist
Sectus said:
Remember to turn off proxy just after you login.

I haven't heard any news about the European beta. Hopefully it's not too far off. And hopefully they've got a better payment system too. I wouldn't mind paying for some pink underwear, but only if it lasts longer then 30 days darnit.

wait what? You can tunr the proxy after login? WTF!

*Runs to download vindictus again

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Was in a dungeon with a hammer and after about 10 seconds of freezing lag the game started acting like I had a sword equipped :lol Is this a known bug?

Teknopathetic said:

Well, it's not like it's the world's greatest story or anything, but I honestly never thought I'd see something like this in an MMO free to play game, you know. And no, I have no idea what this Ice Cube/Chris Tucker gif is about.

Finished everything up to Blood Prince. He and the Trampled Plains boss are pretty cool. Getting the sub boss in TP is incredibly annoying, though.

So when do you get the Red Tyrant quest? Do they not even let you see it until Level 36 or do you just get it sometime between 31 and 36 and have to wait until 36 to do it?

I'm still debating on whether I want the level 32 Swords (Ykesha I think) or the spears Royal something?) for my Lann.

1stStrike

Banned
Anony said:
the guy managing neogaf east guild disappeared :|

He'll be back. He said he was gone for the weekend or something and he'd approve people when he got back.

I'm working on getting lvl 30 atm... trying to do what quests I can along the way.

The M.O.B

This game has got me wanting to punch a hole through my monitor right now.

I decided to do Trampled Plain solo. I figure it will not be that bad. Anyways, I get to the final part in top condition with full amount of fine potions and some normal potions. I am able to knock off the first werewolf, but they haven't caused too much trouble yet..............

The two other werewolves GET ME AND INFINITE LOOP KILL ME WTF! They knock me into a corner an proceed to knock the %#$^#@#$@#$%%#$%#$%@@ out of me.

So I die, but since I figure I could just avoid that next time, i use one of my goddess graces...........I am able to get away from them finally!

I get the smaller wolf down to his final bar and the big one down to his 3rd. At this point I figure since I still got potions I should be able to take em down. BUT NO, They knock me into one of those pillars and once again begin to INFINITE LOOP KILL ME.

I'm pretty pissed at that point, but I figure that one more goddess grace and I can finish them off, BUT I CANT GET OUT THIS TIME!!!!!!!! SO THEY INFINITE LOOP KILL ME AGAIN!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

1stStrike

Banned
The M.O.B said:
This game has got me wanting to punch a hole through my monitor right now.

I decided to do Trampled Plain solo. I figure it will not be that bad. Anyways, I get to the final part in top condition with full amount of fine potions and some normal potions. I am able to knock off the first werewolf, but they haven't caused too much trouble yet..............

The two other werewolves GET ME AND INFINITE LOOP KILL ME WTF! They knock me into a corner an proceed to knock the %#$^#@#$@#$%%#$%#$%@@ out of me.

So I die, but since I figure I could just avoid that next time, i use one of my goddess graces...........I am able to get away from them finally!

I get the smaller wolf down to his final bar and the big one down to his 3rd. At this point I figure since I still got potions I should be able to take em down. BUT NO, They knock me into one of those pillars and once again begin to INFINITE LOOP KILL ME.

I'm pretty pissed at that point, but I figure that one more goddess grace and I can finish them off, BUT I CANT GET OUT THIS TIME!!!!!!!! SO THEY INFINITE LOOP KILL ME AGAIN!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah, fighting two or three bosses at a time solo in this game is quite challenging at times. However, the lame thing to do is to just line them up and have the one behind the one you're facing attack the others back... it's how I always deal with those slingshot guys in boat 2 :D

I just came up with a new game to play within Vindictus.

You how there characters strike a pose before the boat leaves? Everyone try to spear the person the camera is focused on. Spearing them in the face is the best. You have unlimited spears on the boat anyway. It's a lot of laughs.

Some of you guys are doing the battles solo?

I find some of them to be very hard at the equivalent levels, like I am sure I could never do the fight with the 2 slingshot brothers at the end at the intended level.

Anony said:
the guy managing neogaf east guild disappeared :|

Sorry was out of town for the weekend. But I'm back, and I added all the requests and made you all admins so you can accept requests.

Also keep in mind it seems you can't invite by name (unless I'm mistaken and there's some trick to it) So if you want in, merely search for the guild "NeoGAF East" and request to be added. If you will also put your gaf handle in the intro that'd be great too. Thanks!

1stStrike

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:

I find some of them to be very hard at the equivalent levels, like I am sure I could never do the fight with the 2 slingshot brothers at the end at the intended level.

It just takes getting used to their attacks and being smart about attacking. Like, don't just stand there and let them hammer you - hit twice or three times and dodge. do a LR or LLR combo.

cartoon_soldier said:

I know I solo the 2 brothers battle, but I don't think I solo the 3 brothers battle.

cartoon_soldier said:

It's doable. Just did it a few hours ago. It was tough and I'm still pretty low level, around 17. Used up all my potions and spears. I did find an easy way to beat them mid way through. Defeat all the annoying goblins first, learn their different attack patterns. then run back to the the hole you came.

When you get there, you should have a minute to drink potions and restore your armor if you need to. Then only one should follow you and you can find him for a few minutes one on one until the other arrives later. Just run off, let them chase to the back of the level, rinse, and repeat.

1stStrike

Banned
I think the real down side to this game is that it was designed for a smaller country that has fiber to pretty much all the homes - aka South Korea. The P2P model doesn't work in other countries nearly as well, specifically the US - because of just the sheer size, inconsistency of the internet speed throughout the country, and the average distance between players.

Basically, it's really hard to find a lag free game - though, I wonder how much of this is our fault and how much is the fault of the server - as after maintenance periods I'm usually seeing no or almost no lag.

"I think the real down side to this game is that it was designed for a smaller country that has fiber to pretty much all the homes - aka South Korea. The P2P model doesn't work in other countries nearly as well, specifically the US - because of just the sheer size, inconsistency of the internet speed throughout the country, and the average distance between players."

The problem with the setup is that, as others posted previously, it seems as though while the games are player hosted, all the data still gets funneled to Nexon in between players adding extra lag, especially if their servers are under heavy load.

The M.O.B

In any other MMO the few milliseconds of lag won't really matter, but in this game it is literally a matter of virtual life vs death.

Almost every stage (Except those 3 wolves and blood prince) I can handle going solo. I can counter their weak attacks or throw heavy objects and stun them, power up a level 3 hammer charge, and that alone will take off almost a half bar on any boss.

But as soon as that lag gets me even a little bit, my counter timing is off on everything. Instead of getting that last smash in, I am forced to dodge early to compensate for lag. Instead of rolling under a Boss spin attack with ease (Different timing depending on boss), I get hit. This is a big reason why I do my missions alone, It is not as fun, but usually I'm am able to get the Job done without having to revive incompetent members who seem to gladly take every hit the Boss has to offer.

This also makes me remember the time I had to take down that Chieftain boss and all 5 of his bars because my team died so quickly. :/

Wow this game seems to be pretty cool. I just downloaded it yesterday and it's pretty cool! I'm starting off as a Fiona and I'm just running around solo, just trying things out in the game.

Oh, and I also sent a request to join the Neogaf East guild, just to see what's up with the game since I just started yesterday.

Game is looks ace so far. See you around guys! :lol

Dreavus

I tried the Reaper boss solo and got knocked the fuck out. He's one of the few bosses who attacks very fast and pretty much requires a dodge-roll if you don't want to get hit. I think I used 3 goddess graces to take him down. :(

Didn't help that it was my first time trying spears. I think I like the dodge on swords better.

The M.O.B said:
In any other MMO the few milliseconds of lag won't really matter, but in this game it is literally a matter of virtual life vs death.

Almost every stage (Except those 3 wolves and blood prince) I can handle going solo. I can counter their weak attacks or throw heavy objects and stun them, power up a level 3 hammer charge, and that alone will take off almost a half bar on any boss.

I've never had problems with lag playing solo though.

BTW, check out my cool new helmet. :lol :lol

RHYGl.jpg

YYZ

Is it worth it to get extra chests? What should I do with my items? Already full at lvl10 and trying to craft some stuff.

I tried doing some surveys and I couldn't do the Netflix one so I'm frustrated.

I don't mind spending $12 for two extra permanent chests.

YYZ said:
Is it worth it to get extra chests? What should I do with my items? Already full at lvl10 and trying to craft some stuff.

I tried doing some surveys and I couldn't do the Netflix one so I'm frustrated.

I don't mind spending $12 for two extra permanent chests.

I'm guessing you haven't finished Decisive Battle yet? You get a second chest after that. I've wanted a third chest on a few occasions, but I haven't needed one yet.

Dreavus

prodystopian said:
I'm guessing you haven't finished Decisive Battle yet? You get a second chest after that. I've wanted a third chest on a few occasions, but I haven't needed one yet.

Yeah, I'm still debating whether to seriously look into grabbing a third chest. At this point I've basically sold most of my stuff from boat 2 to make room for boat 3, but some quests kick you in the teeth by requiring something from a previous boat (there's one that needs a peridot I think).

Just sell stuff you don't need and never hold items that have little value on the market place. Keep ores/maybe remnants/jewels definitely though.

Omnicent

FYI Beware using the market ward. There is a gold eating glitch going on. Glade I read about it before I lost all my gold.

At least I'll have a tone of things to sell when it's all sorted out. Back to grinding the bear.

Omnicent said:
FYI Beware using the market ward. There is a gold eating glitch going on. Glade I read about it before I lost all my gold.

At least I'll have a tone of things to sell when it's all sorted out. Back to grinding the bear.

What's this about a glitch eating all your gold?

YYZ

Just finished decisived battle. Wow, that was hard (did the solo). I've been doing solo up until now and it's been a breeze, but that required some patience and diligence.

The description for chests says, "Expands your Storage Chest for 180 days. Expand up to 2 slots. Extend the duration by purchasing this item again." So I don't know if it's $12 for two or you can do up to two.

Do you get a third one through quests or is it just two? I have enough room right now so I won't bother.

Top Bottom