• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Sectus

Yup, token system is the same :/

Tokens refill every monday and friday 10am PST.

prodystopian said:
What do the platinum tokens do?

*waits for patch to finish*
It's the alternate system for going on missions. Either you pay with normal tokens or platinum tokens. Platinum token costs 50 cents each.

Baha

Teknopathetic said:
Guild created. "NeoGAF," search for it.

Any requirements for this guild? I'm an MMO-newbie (I've dabbled in a WoW trial and mythos beta but never pursued them). If you're willing to take on beginners, I'll gladly join.

"Any requirements for this guild? I'm an MMO-newbie (I've dabbled in a WoW trial and mythos beta but never pursued them). If you're willing to take on beginners, I'll gladly join."

None, just be a GAFfer.

Thanks. What about the silver tokens. I couldn't figure out why, but some trips cost 2 while others cost 4 silver tokens, possibly even for the same mission. Anyone know what the formula was for that?

Edit: I just wish I knew how much I was DLing. I keep seeing <10mb files, but I have no idea what the total is.

Poyunch

Teknopathetic said:
"So for Lann is it better to be a Paladin or Dark Knight?"

The transformation stuff is so far away for the US that I don't think there's a point in asking. No one but people who've played the korean version would know.
Oh, lol, I thought it was coming in this patch. :3

prodystopian said:
I see "Download: ...\789432659023745892375890*... ( 2.56 MB/ Cancel"

*an approximation

And I can't expand the window.
Same.

prodystopian said:
I see "Download: ...\789432659023745892375890*... ( 2.56 MB/ Cancel"

*an approximation

And I can't expand the window.

Oh, then you're seeing what I'm seeing. The file size changes and when you see a file that's only a few 100kbs, you can tell just how slow you're downloading based on that.

Also, for whoever said the customization options aren't permanent, that's half-false. You can choose to purchase a "permanent" version for more (there's little arrows next to the price).

Baha

I don't think Vindictus likes steam since I've gotten a "Unauthorized program detected" error and been disconnected from the servers. Unless it's fraps. I'll try running it again outside of steam and with fraps turned off.

1stStrike

Banned
Deja vu lol. I'm dling the patch now, but it's so slow it'll be my bed time before it finishes. Looks like I won't be playing till after work tomorrow. I hope when this shit goes live they upgrade their patch servers... cause this is some sad shit atm. And they want us to pay them money for a cash shop? :lol

Anony

holy shit, i think i lost a bunch of items after quest because my inventory is always fucking full
no way to store, no way to sort, no way to know which items i need for future

prodystopian said:
Thanks. What about the silver tokens. I couldn't figure out why, but some trips cost 2 while others cost 4 silver tokens, possibly even for the same mission. Anyone know what the formula was for that?

Edit: I just wish I knew how much I was DLing. I keep seeing <10mb files, but I have no idea what the total is.
Silver coin are normal coins you start with and the more boat rides you take, the more coins you consume. So after maybe 6-7 runs (I forget how much), coin count will increase to 3 coins and so on.

Sectus

Teknopathetic said:
Also, for whoever said the customization options aren't permanent, that's half-false. You can choose to purchase a "permanent" version for more (there's little arrows next to the price).
I've only seen that option for the storage expansion. Can you choose that for underwear, hair and similar customization options?

Cloudius12 said:
Silver coin are normal coins you start with and the more boat rides you take, the more coins you consume. So after maybe 6-7 runs (I forget how much), coin count will increase to 3 coins and so on.

AH that makes sense. I think I must have done enough runs to get up to 4 coins per, but then they reset since the coins were resetting so often in the open beta.

Baha

Ok I got it running without any more errors so I guess it doesn't like steam OR fraps heh. I did try joining your guild Tekno but I couldn't find it via search or in the entire guild listing. I'm on the East server if that helps any.

"I've only seen that option for the storage expansion. Can you choose that for underwear, hair and similar customization options?"

Yes.

"Ok I got it running without any more errors so I guess it doesn't like steam OR fraps heh. I did try joining your guild Tekno but I couldn't find it via search or in the entire guild listing. I'm on the East server if that helps any"

Whoops, sorry. I'm on West.

jediyoshi

Is there anyway to reset the Account Info info? I can use the rest of my account fine but I guess I lied when entering that info

1stStrike

Banned
So, if the coins are at the normal rates now, I guess I'll see if it's enough. I don't think I'll be playing the game enough to actually warrant spending any real money on it, but we'll see. If it somehow turns out that I keep running out of coins then I'll probably get sick of it pretty quick.

Dreavus

You know, if the coins are normalized now, and they've added the "cash shop" features, and everything is carrying over to the full game, and the game is free to play anyways... why are they still calling it an open beta? Aside from the restricted content and level cap it feels like it's already released. :lol

Baha

Question time! How do I get the Shadow Fang Helm from the Gnoll boss you fight early on? I've done both "beat the dungeon in 5 min" & "beat with 2 or less players" and I also got full AP on that mission.

1stStrike

Banned
GT Vespene said:
We've been playing it. Maybe we'll do a preview.

Have you gotten to boat 2 yet or are you still in boat 1? Because, boat 1 is a nice starter, and the gnoll chieftan is a bad ass, but boat 2 is where the epicness really begins IMO. They are hyping up boat 3 hardcore, so I can't wait to jump into that.

1stStrike said:
Haha, sucker. I only have about 500,000 more hours to go!

>_<

Holy shit, I'm ALMOST half way done.

Question time! How do I get the Shadow Fang Helm from the Gnoll boss you fight early on? I've done both "beat the dungeon in 5 min" & "beat with 2 or less players" and I also got full AP on that mission.

Shadow Fang Helm? I know of the Crimson Rage Helm, but never heard of Shadow Fang. If I had it, I might have dumped it long ago.

klez

I'm done patching and in the game (west), but it's SO empty right now since everyone's still patching. I've applied for the guild so I hope I'll see some of you later tonight.

Wow... I'm done!!!

Just like last time, when it's a little over half way complete, the download just goes crazy and finishes the rest very quickly. That or Nexon don't know how to program an accurate progress bar.

1stStrike

Banned
Still dling for me.

Speaking of kawai girls, it would be great if Evie was finally put into the game. There's so much strategy we're missing out on by only having two melee characters.

Baha said:
iirc you fight the boss until he drops one for you.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
By the time I'm patched Mairu is probably level 38.

And I'm sure it'll get asked, so how do I beeline to get more inventory space? :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Hazaro said:
By the time I'm patched Mairu is probably level 38.

And I'm sure it'll get asked, so how do I beeline to get more inventory space? :lol

I'm betting you'll get a 3rd chest in the 3rd ship for more inventory space. Or, you can get temporary space by purchasing one of those packages from the cash shop... i think it lasts for like 90 days or something.

I'll bet another patch will be up in a day or two. The game's full of glitches. I'v3e already ran into 2 glitches in less than 5 minutes.

Top Bottom