• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Mairu

Teknopathetic said:
You went through everything in like 2 days? Settle down, Mairu.
:lol What can I say, I just wanted to get most of it done before Exams/Blizzcon :p

Have you figured out how Enhancement works for the different stones (reg, advanced, epic)? Can you not use reg on higher level weapons/armor or does it just not give as much enhancement?
The stones are for different level items. As you get higher (+5 on adv ones at least) it also requires an elixir which I don't think you can get yet. I've gotten Epic Stones but haven't found anything that uses them, although I haven't tried to enhance the Red Tyrant set yet.

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Is Hakam's dagger a random drop in Dethrone the white Tyrant?
Where can I get the black Vampire Robe and is it a random drop?
If you mean the dagger for that one quest line, yeah you should get it on the first or second try. Black Vampire Robe is random off vampires (the general ones I believe)

Mairu said:
If you mean the dagger for that one quest line, yeah you should get it on the first or second try. Black Vampire Robe is random off vampires (the general ones I believe)

Ugh. I've gone a few times for it, but I hardly get any AP or exp for that run now (10 and 7k maybe?).

Edit: Whoops, definitely just got it and didn't realize it.

Edit 2: And now I keep getting crashes when I try to talk to Kristie.

For the black robe: definitely is. Just got it, :lol .

Edit 3: Anyone understand the deterioration stat on equipment? Is that what causes it to be unsellable? I thought when I restore it, everything is fixed?

1stStrike

Banned
I have converted one gaffer on West to the hammer. We were out hulk smashing mobs :D

I even changed my motto to "It's hammer time" :lol

The M.O.B

1stStrike said:
I have converted one gaffer on West to the hammer. We were out hulk smashing mobs :D

Haha was that you I was with?, my name was WorldT1tan! :lol

Hammer FTW! I'm currently collecting materials to upgrade to the skull one

Sent

1stStrike said:

Oo they added hammer? Might have to patch uppp

1stStrike

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Haha was that you I was with?, my name was WorldT1tan! :lol

Hammer FTW! I'm currently collecting materials to upgrade to the skull one

Yeah that was me. The bone hammer is bad ass. I got it up to +2 now and the damage is up to 2105. If you can get off that +3 charge on something the life bar drops like crazy :lol

Sent said:
Oo they added hammer? Might have to patch uppp

Indeed. It rocks.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
prodystopian said:
Edit 3: Anyone understand the deterioration stat on equipment? Is that what causes it to be unsellable? I thought when I restore it, everything is fixed?
More = higher cost to repair

w00t, got game running.

I think I will go with West, seem to have a more active GAF community on that server. And not much difference between my two characters anyway.

Name is Kumar on West server.

Need a life Spirit Remnant on West if anyone got one.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah, West rocks. I just went for it because that's the "native" server run by the company instead of being outsourced and it's always been more stable. I live in NY, but generally have no issues with people connecting to me, so I generally host (3 - 5 bars from everyone in my games)

I got tons more Life Remnants again. Went from 2- to over 8 today. Life Remnants love me.

Scored 13 silver ores off Frost Stone today and 10 Copper :lol

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is there anyway to to disable the "double tap to sprint" when playing on a 360 pad? I keep accidentally doing it and it seems to have gotten easier to do since the patch :lol

itxaka

Defeatist
No word on european beta yet no?

Dying to play, for what I played on the beta I loved the game but proxies just maked it too laggy for me.

Sectus

itxaka said:
No word on european beta yet no?

Dying to play, for what I played on the beta I loved the game but proxies just maked it too laggy for me.
Remember to turn off proxy just after you login.

I haven't heard any news about the European beta. Hopefully it's not too far off. And hopefully they've got a better payment system too. I wouldn't mind paying for some pink underwear, but only if it lasts longer then 30 days darnit.

If any newer players want twin redmetal swords for Lann, quote me and give me your username on East. I can't trade them, so I'll just mail them to someone.

I'm out of town for the weekend. (Cedar Point!) But I'll be back tomorrow and will accept all the requests and give everyone privileges to accept new gaf members. The laptop I took can't even launch the game haha

Is Life Flare worth leveling up? I have it for Lann and I'm thinking about switching to spears. Also, seems like a waste to level up twin sword mastery if you plan to use spears.

Any advice for where to best grind for EXP to get to level 31 so I can do the blood prince mission? I'm at 29 and have all missions accessible except that one and whatever comes after it.

The M.O.B

Where the heck is the flower i'm supposed to get?

I know its in the ruins, but is it on the floor in a box??? I found none on the marketplace :(

prodystopian said:
Any advice for where to best grind for EXP to get to level 31 so I can do the blood prince mission? I'm at 29 and have all missions accessible except that one and whatever comes after it.

The bear raid?

Where the heck is the flower i'm supposed to get?

I know its in the ruins, but is it on the floor in a box??? I found none on the marketplace :(

Flower? What flower?

Yea I think Bear raid is right. It just gives less than it claims on the battle screen.

This is disappointing. The game did such a great job of giving me something to do at nearly every point until now. Now I just have to grind to 31.

Poyunch

prodystopian said:
Yea I think Bear raid is right. It just gives less than it claims on the battle screen.

This is disappointing. The game did such a great job of giving me something to do at nearly every point until now. Now I just have to grind to 31.
Why don't you try doing some side-quests?

The M.O.B

riceandbeans said:
Just got to the avatar shop. Really... They want you to pay real money to rent virtual hair for 30 days? :lol

:lol I made fun of one dude for getting that, he claimed it was worth it to make himself stand out from the rest .

What is really weird. My character has been spewing out the gold selling crap and I got no control over it. I'm going to reinstall Vindictus and hopefully it goes away.

The M.O.B

Crakatak187 said:
What is really weird. My character has been spewing out the gold selling crap and I got no control over it. I'm going to reinstall Vindictus and hopefully it goes away.

I'm told it is some sort of weird glitch that happens after each loading screen(leave a building, come back from misson). It bascially makes your character repeat what someone else said. And because that stupid site has like a thousand people standing around spamming it, it becomes an endless cycle. :(

Reinstalling won't help.

Ahh it's too late, I already uninstalled :lol

Edit: I'm back to around 16 Life Remnants. Who ever needs one just ask. I won't give the whole thing away to a person though.

Poyunch

Crakatak187 said:
Ahh it's too late, I already uninstalled :lol

Edit: I'm back to around 16 Life Remnants. Who ever needs one just ask. I won't give the whole thing away to a person though.
Ooh may I have one or two? GAFman - West! :D

Top Bottom