• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Mairu

Tokens still reset randomly. I hope that's not a bug, and they're just leaving it that way until OB is over (or beyond that) but considering you can buy Platinum Tokens now, I have a feeling it's a bug :(

1stStrike

Banned
Wow, the crappy icons in the inventory are really getting to me. It's so difficult to figure out what's what. I just crafted the savage leather top after getting my jelly, put it on and then when i went to sell my old armor on the AH - but I accidentally sold my savage leather chest piece for 5k gold on the AH instead of the old armor. It let me select it and sell it on the AH even though I had it equipped >_>

Realized my mistake, went back like 1 minute later... and it was gone.

Fuuuuuuuuu

The M.O.B

Cow Mengde said:
I'll bet another patch will be up in a day or two. The game's full of glitches. I'v3e already ran into 2 glitches in less than 5 minutes.

No kidding, I went fishing and it spawned me inside of the water, which eventually drowned my character :(

markot

Banned
*Installs game... cant connect.... Goes to Forums....*

"Open Beta only for US and Canada, Oceania nup!"

>_< lame...

Was looking forward to giving it a whirl....

Sectus

GT Vespene said:
This game is badass. I just saw someone play it for a while, and its already won me over.
Ooh! You're from gametrailers? That's neat. It'll be nice to see some video coverage for this game. It seems to be mostly ignored by other sites, which is a shame considering how fun the game is.

Teknopathetic said:
"I've only seen that option for the storage expansion. Can you choose that for underwear, hair and similar customization options?"

Yes.
Can you specify exactly where? Maybe I'm just being completely blind, but I'm trying to select new underwear and I can't find an option for buying it permanently. I'm not finding any arrows next to the price.

1stStrike

Banned
I played the first level of boat 3 on hard last night and the mobs still seemed pretty much a cake walk. I guess I'll have to see how it goes - would be nice to have some sort of a challenge outside of the bosses.

1stStrike said:
Wow, the crappy icons in the inventory are really getting to me. It's so difficult to figure out what's what. I just crafted the savage leather top after getting my jelly, put it on and then when i went to sell my old armor on the AH - but I accidentally sold my savage leather chest piece for 5k gold on the AH instead of the old armor. It let me select it and sell it on the AH even though I had it equipped >_>

Realized my mistake, went back like 1 minute later... and it was gone.

Fuuuuuuuuu

What icons? They changed the way the market works?

Mairu

Ainle is awesome. The only downside to Ainle is the difficulty. I hope hero mode comes out soon.

The new missions you eventually get in Hoarfrost & the ruins are pretty good also. The Level 27 Ruins mission you get is especially cool, because the boss is actually challenging (at least it was with two people)! I'm disappointed that they didn't add a new raid; the next one is supposed to be another bear, the Red Tyrant. It's highly possible people will go back to farming the bear once they hit level 38, because it's probably still the best AP per time invested battle.

This is how I ended up when I logged last night, with episode 3 complete (story wise, not substory/achievement/title-wise):
2r4lz5h.png

The set is very cool, and I can't wait until I get Weight Mastery so I can actually equip it without going over the threshold.

Mairu said:
Ainle is awesome. The only downside to Ainle is the difficulty. I hope hero mode comes out soon.

The new missions you eventually get in Hoarfrost & the ruins are pretty good also. The Level 27 Ruins mission you get is especially cool, because the boss is actually challenging (at least it was with two people)! I'm disappointed that they didn't add a new raid; the next one is supposed to be another bear, the Red Tyrant. It's highly possible people will go back to farming the bear once they hit level 38, because it's probably still the best AP per time invested battle.

This is how I ended up when I logged last night, with episode 3 complete (story wise, not substory/achievement/title-wise):
http://i53.tinypic.com/2r4lz5h.png[IMG]

The set is very cool, and I can't wait until I get Weight Mastery so I can actually equip it without going over the threshold.[/QUOTE]

Is that Blood Prince? Also, have you found the Blood Silk armor? I swear I saw after clearing a mission that I could craft it, but I can't seem to find where.

I'm about halfway through Ainle, and I've enjoyed it so far, but I agree about the difficulty.

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Is that Blood Prince? Also, have you found the Blood Silk armor? I swear I saw after clearing a mission that I could craft it, but I can't seem to find where.

I'm about halfway through Ainle, and I've enjoyed it so far, but I agree about the difficulty.
Yeah, it's Blood Prince armor. Blood Silk is crafted by either the dude in the lab or the dude in the general store (one of them crafts Blood Silk and the other crafts Broken Ash I believe)

Mairu said:
Yeah, it's Blood Prince armor. Blood Silk is crafted by either the dude in the lab or the dude in the general store (one of them crafts Blood Silk and the other crafts Broken Ash I believe)

Was there a set you found to be worth making between Savage and Blood Prince for Lann? I have all of Savage except the tunic, which I might be able to finish tonight.

1stStrike said:
I need life spirit remnants if anyone has any to spare... all I need for my savage leather top :|

Same. From what I saw, farming The White Tyrant is the best way to get them, but that is only a <7% drop. :-(

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Was there a set you found to be worth making between Savage and Blood Prince for Lann? I have all of Savage except the tunic, which I might be able to finish tonight.
Nope

I need life spirit remnants if anyone has any to spare... all I need for my savage leather top :|
There's a new level 27 mission in Perilous Ruins that involves werewolves that you eventually unlock after doing some story. Life Spirit Remnants have a pretty high drop % off them

1stStrike

Banned
seems pretty scarce right now. I've been standing here waiting on people to join my boat 3 mission for like 15 mins and not a single person has joined...

1stStrike said:
seems pretty scarce right now. I've been standing here waiting on people to join my boat 3 mission for like 15 mins and not a single person has joined...

I've been having some lag issues. I wonder if they are having server trouble.

Edit: I'm on East. Anyone else having trouble? I'm pretty sure my connection is fine.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
1stStrike said:
Seems odd. I was getting parties in 1-2 minutes even at like 4am.

I been having another weird bug today. Lag spike caused my spear move sets to switch to freaking sword at times and I can't use any sword skills.

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Damn. Are you on West? Did you get most of them from the Tyrant raid or something else?

Nice. Are you sticking with swords or did you move over to spears?
Spears are amazingly fun. I think I might still use swords when I'm soloing but definitely spears in parties. The only downside is we can't level up the 3960 Hurricane skill yet so the damage seems kind of lacking, but it's still an easy way to mow down a group of random mobs and an easy way to get a gliding fury in on a boss

Teknopathetic said:
"I got 10 extra if you still need some."

I totally need 4 of these. Be a pal and send 4 to me, please!
If you are on West. I'll give you 4.

prodystopian said:
Damn. Are you on West? Did you get most of them from the Tyrant raid or something else?

Nice. Are you sticking with swords or did you move over to spears?

I actually had 30 extra but I sold a ton because I know it will drop eventually. I got a lot doing bear farming with Mairu.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
I'll send it when the game comes back on. I'll hold the rest until Strike answers back.

I just sent it to you and game is back up.

I actually need exactly 6 lol... so that kind of works out. I only have 1 of them atm.

Spam bot already appeared in the East Coast server.

BTW, how the hell do you fish? I have the fishing tickets, but beyond that, I have no idea what to do next.

Mr. Snrub said:
25kb/s? Seriously, Nexon?

Server's probably still getting pounded so yeah, grab yourself some popcorn, play a game, or watch a long movie. Once the bar reaches half way, it's actually only a few minutes away from completion. At least that's how it was for me. Twice.

Top Bottom