• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

NEW INNER ARMORS

For Lann, we’re introducing the Skeleton Inner Armor, sure to be a hit at any costume party. Not to be left out, Fiona can wear the very sexy Skull Inner Armor!

Trying to sell people underwear on Halloween?

forrest

formerly nacire
Been playing this over the past few days. Does the world ever get intriguing or actually feel like world? Seems like a hub town with boats to take you to linear dungeon levels so I'm not really feeling the setting too much at the moment. Nothing to really draw me in.

The character models and the combat seem quite nice though. Definitely liking the attack mechanics.

It's not a traditional MMO. It's more like a Dungeon crawler action game with stages. If you come in expecting an MMO like experience this is not the game for you.

forrest

formerly nacire
Crakatak187 said:
It's not a traditional MMO. It's more like a Dungeon crawler action game with stages. If you come in expecting an MMO like experience this is not the game for you.

Ah thanks, that's too bad.

1stStrike

Banned
nacire said:
Been playing this over the past few days. Does the world ever get intriguing or actually feel like world? Seems like a hub town with boats to take you to linear dungeon levels so I'm not really feeling the setting too much at the moment. Nothing to really draw me in.

The character models and the combat seem quite nice though. Definitely liking the attack mechanics.

The world does expand a bit later - videos of the game show you in a huge ass castle area, there's a wide open area that you can run around in, etc. While it's always going to be a dungeon crawler type game, it does have a story and it does expand on it throughout.

Mairu

Anony said:
man, we need more east players, there's only 5 people, i've seen 2 others on
Just to let you know, while the game is p2p, the majority of lag comes from the relay servers (which has been getting better steadily) so if you really want to play with more GAFers it's not going to hurt too bad to play on West.

I'm not in the GAFGuild, but my guild has one person from Florida who plays with us and has no issues. Not to mention the two players from Vietnam & Denmark who actually don't lag too much.

1stStrike

Banned
Greetings Mercenaries-

We know the fight against the Fomors seems difficult. Sometimes you lose hope, feeling as though Paradise will never come. Then hope unlooked for comes to us in our darkest hours! Today we announce that the prayers to the goddess have been answered:

On October 27, Evie, the mage alchemist joins the battle!

Evie offers a completely different experience. She can cast magic from a distance for a ranged attack or use Firebolt to knock out enemies with a single blow. Evie can also summon golems to do her bidding, change the properties of objects, and even revive party members by sacrificing her own health.

And when all else fails, Evie can learn to use a scythe for powerful close range attacks!

Join us as we welcome our newest ally on October 27! The Fomors will never know what hit them!

-The Vindictus Team-

FINALLY

Edit: OMFG the entire town is halloween themed after the update. That is fucking cool!

Edit2: After the maintenance most everyone has 3 - 4 bars to me, so that proves my earlier point :eek:

1stStrike said:
FINALLY

Edit: OMFG the entire town is halloween themed after the update. That is fucking cool!

Edit2: After the maintenance most everyone has 3 - 4 bars to me, so that proves my earlier point :eek:

I won't be playing as her, but I'm excited to see some Evie's around finally. I hope they add more content for the full launch as well.

1stStrike

Banned
Here's some new screenshots:

2010_10_20_0002.jpg

2010_10_20_0008.jpg

2010_10_20_0013.jpg

jersoc

Ah finally evie. Hoping there's more to her combat than attack attack attack attack kick

Hate playing pure melee classes.

Poyunch

Oh my god. Lann just started getting badass for me and now Evie's coming. Fffffff

Coins are character based and not IP/account based right? If I finish all my coins with Lann would it be possible to go play as another character with a full pocket of coins?

1stStrike

Banned
jersoc said:
Ah finally evie. Hoping there's more to her combat than attack attack attack attack kick

Hate playing pure melee classes.

Evie can do a lot of cool stuff - anything from throwing a fireball to enchanting objects and creating various golems and such.

PounchEnvy said:
Oh my god. Lann just started getting badass for me and now Evie's coming. Fffffff

Coins are character based and not IP/account based right? If I finish all my coins with Lann would it be possible to go play as another character with a full pocket of coins?

Yes, coins are character based, so if you have 3 characters under the same account you can play all 3 of them until each are out of coins.

Poyunch

1stStrike said:
Yes, coins are character based, so if you have 3 characters under the same account you can play all 3 of them until each are out of coins.
Awesome. Double the content for me now! :D

1stStrike

Banned
BudokaiMR2 said:
Is there no way to play this from Japan? I get a forbidden error on the site and there doesn't seem to be a jp link.

It's US only - though there is a korean version if you can read that. Don't know if it's limited to Korea though.

Omnicent

Tokens didn't reset yesterday till around 3pmish for me and then again like 2-3 hours after. I couldn't even use the 1st 50 before it reset.

Anways a pic I took yesterday.
1zeavdd.jpg

Omnicent, how you get those spears? I only have the royal guard spears, but I'm looking for the ones you're using. I searched the forge and couldn't figure out which is it.

Mairu

Cow Mengde said:
Omnicent, how you get those spears? I only have the royal guard spears, but I'm looking for the ones you're using. I searched the forge and couldn't figure out which is it.
Executioner from the Memories quest line

Tokens reset every 2 hours, then every 5 hours, then every 2 hours before the patch. Fairly certain they're down to the "official" reset timer, which is once on Monday, and once again on Friday. Better save your tokens for dailies or start levelling an alt!

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
Executioner from the Memories quest line

Tokens reset every 2 hours, then every 5 hours, then every 2 hours before the patch. Fairly certain they're down to the "official" reset timer, which is once on Monday, and once again on Friday. Better save your tokens for dailies or start levelling an alt!

Yeah, I have a lvl 10 Lann, but I'd probably start lvling an Evie next since I've had my fill of melee with Fiona.

1stStrike

Banned
Arg. So it's official.

Edit: If you have seals of dedication now is the time to trade them in. Every 40 gets you silver tokens - so just go run gnoll chieftan with some lowbies and resurrect them :p

Always good to know every online gaming community has its fair share of dickheads. Was playing the polar bear mission, got incapacitated torwards the end, nobody out of the 6 bothered reviving me, and when the loot at the end came, everyone gathered around to kick my body. Ah online gaming... you never change. :lol

riceandbeans said:
Always good to know every online gaming community has its fair share of dickheads. Was playing the polar bear mission, got incapacitated torwards the end, nobody out of the 6 bothered reviving me, and when the loot at the end came, everyone gathered around to kick my body. Ah online gaming... you never change. :lol

I ran into 1 dickhead but he quickly left.

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Arg. So it's official.

Edit: If you have seals of dedication now is the time to trade them in. Every 40 gets you silver tokens - so just go run gnoll chieftan with some lowbies and resurrect them :p
Saving mine for when there's new content. Running battles with people >=10 levels below you also gives you seals of dedication

Always good to know every online gaming community has its fair share of dickheads. Was playing the polar bear mission, got incapacitated torwards the end, nobody out of the 6 bothered reviving me, and when the loot at the end came, everyone gathered around to kick my body. Ah online gaming... you never change.
Their loss, you still get the loot and they don't get a revive towards titles :p

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
Saving mine for when there's new content. Running battles with people >=10 levels below you also gives you seals of dedication

Their loss, you still get the loot and they don't get a revive towards titles :p

Yeah, but you already hit 38. I'm only 34 :|

Though, I guess you weren't really supposed to grind to 38 in boat 3 anyway. I imagine after lvl 33/34 you should be moving onto the next boat.

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Yeah, but you already hit 38. I'm only 34 :|

Though, I guess you weren't really supposed to grind to 38 in boat 3 anyway. I imagine after lvl 33/34 you should be moving onto the next boat.
I can help you by assisting if you want to do battles faster (assist grants like no rewards & doesn't use up tokens)

I love the community response to this change. This is so bad :lol I guess it's like what would happen if FF14 launched without all the gameplay limiters, then decided to patch them into the game after they started charging :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
I can help you by assisting if you want to do battles faster (assist grants like no rewards & doesn't use up tokens)

I love the community response to this change. This is so bad :lol I guess it's like what would happen if FF14 launched without all the gameplay limiters, then decided to patch them into the game after they started charging :lol

Eh I only have 8 tokens at the moment, so it doesn't really matter. Only thing I can do at the moment is to sit afk in the fishing boat to collect seals of enjoyment, use up my 8 silver tokens on the blood prince, and then go back to grinding the gnoll chieftan.

Can't even really cheat the system - could only gain a total of 8 seals of dedication per battle. 1 for going with a low level and then +3 for rezzing him and then +4 more for using group rez feathers.

Sectus

I really do hope Nexon will change the token system. People are raging like mad, but I'm not sure if Nexon is really paying specific attention to that since people are always raging about something on the Nexon forums.

I guess the best solution would be if no one ever buy platinum tokens, that should convince Nexon their current system is kinda dreadful. I'd love to see the 30-day limit be changed for customization items too.

1stStrike

Banned
Sectus said:
I really do hope Nexon will change the token system. People are raging like mad, but I'm not sure if Nexon is really paying specific attention to that since people are always raging about something on the Nexon forums.

I guess the best solution would be if no one ever buy platinum tokens, that should convince Nexon their current system is kinda dreadful. I'd love to see the 30-day limit be changed for customization items too.

The problem is even if you buy the platinum tokens you actually get diminishing returns on 30. Look at how many you get (packs of 1, 10 and 30), and do the math and you'll see what I mean.

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Eh I only have 8 tokens at the moment, so it doesn't really matter. Only thing I can do at the moment is to sit afk in the fishing boat to collect seals of enjoyment, use up my 8 silver tokens on the blood prince, and then go back to grinding the gnoll chieftan.

Can't even really cheat the system - could only gain a total of 8 seals of dedication per battle. 1 for going with a low level and then +3 for rezzing him and then +4 more for using group rez feathers.
You can start missions and leave them before facing the boss and you don't lose any tokens. It's a way to farm titles & seals. (UNTIL THEY NERF THAT LOLOLOL)

1stStrike

Banned
Eh, I'm afking on the boat right now collecting seals of enjoyment. Ironic name considering there's no enjoyment to be found in fishing at the moment.

As for farming the seals of dedication, I'll just do boat 1 quests with the newbs for now.

YYZ

which skills should I work on leveling up as Lann? Right now I'm level 17. What should I work on from now to 30?

1stStrike

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
If anyone has got spare life spirit or copper ore on West, would appreciate a couple.

Thanks!!

How many of each do you need? I should have some.

Also, I just got to do the kobold chief twice for free. I was just chilling on my boat collecting seals of dedication and some lvl 20 hopped on wondering what I was doing. So, I told him and he offered to pay for me to help him out.

So, ended up costing him 5 coins to pay for me (it was 2 for the first but jumped to 3 for the second) + his own. Now that's a sacrifice :eek: And I think I just found a new way to get some missions done.

Top Bottom