• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

jediyoshi

Dreavus said:
I'm hoping to have the blood prince set last me for the next little while.

Same. Although aside from the breastplate, the only thing I'm dreading saving up for eventually is the eagle heart shield. Getting real tired of the spiked shield, just tried out dying for the first time and got a lovely light red though.

hQOnG.jpg

jediyoshi

PounchEnvy said:
Does dying cost real dollars? I didn't look into it but I'm somewhat bored with my plain looking weapons.

Only gold, although prices aren't too crazy. It fluctuates depending on what you want to dye. It's a random outcome though so you just have to cross your fingers if you're looking for a specific colour

Poyunch

jediyoshi said:
Only gold, although prices aren't too crazy. It fluctuates depending on what you want to dye. It's a random outcome though so you just have to cross your fingers if you're looking for a specific colour
Ah cool I'll do it later. For some reason the game's running like ass for me right now.

Dreavus

Huh... was doing the "memories" quest, and missed out on a bit of quest dialogue due to what looked like an error retrieving it? Got a bunch of "HEROES_QUEST_SHAYLA_PHASE_B etc etc" stuff instead of the actual dialogue. I was kind of interested to hear what her deal was. =/

Also, fighting the werewolves is the most fun I've had in this game yet! Hard-mode + season of macha was so brutal that we almost all ran out of feathers, including party feathers. By the end I was down to exactly 1 hit point after surviving a blow with life flare and had 0 pots left... so good! They all jump around like maniacs and actually dodge after they attack; and with three of them out there you can't just cheese a single one's attack animations like you can with every other boss. We settled on throwing blocks to try stun the small ones and whoever had the big guy after them just needed run like mad. :lol

I hope there are more fights like this later on in the game. :)

1stStrike

Banned
Just FYI, you get the eagle heart shield from that memories quest line, so there's no need to buy it.

And, yeah, the werewolves are fucking hard. I've done it like 3 times and I don't plan on doing it again any time soon. I tried the 16 minute time limit and my party was full of retards and they quit mid-way through the fight.

Dreavus said:
Huh... was doing the "memories" quest, and missed out on a bit of quest dialogue due to what looked like an error retrieving it? Got a bunch of "HEROES_QUEST_SHAYLA_PHASE_B etc etc" stuff instead of the actual dialogue. I was kind of interested to hear what her deal was. =/

Also, fighting the werewolves is the most fun I've had in this game yet! Hard-mode + season of macha was so brutal that we almost all ran out of feathers, including party feathers. By the end I was down to exactly 1 hit point after surviving a blow with life flare and had 0 pots left... so good! They all jump around like maniacs and actually dodge after they attack; and with three of them out there you can't just cheese a single one's attack animations like you can with every other boss. We settled on throwing blocks to try stun the small ones and whoever had the big guy after them just needed run like mad. :lol

I hope there are more fights like this later on in the game. :)

Spears do a good job stunning them too.

Now try to solo this boss in hard mode + season and macha.

I've run into a problem with the Sweetie Bear set mission. Went ahead and crafted a pair, got them enhanced +1 but it's not coming up in the story. Then I bought another pair, left them unenhanced, and I can't resell them. Not sure what to do...

Sectus

riceandbeans said:
I've run into a problem with the Sweetie Bear set mission. Went ahead and crafted a pair, got them enhanced +1 but it's not coming up in the story. Then I bought another pair, left them unenhanced, and I can't resell them. Not sure what to do...
You tried to craft gloves and then enchant them for the quest?

The text in the quest is bugged (it's been like that since the early beta actualy), the "sweetie bear gloves +1" actually means the helmet for that set. If you open your quest log, and click on it, you'll see it's supposed to be the helmet.

You still need the gloves for another sweetie bear quest though.

Wow, Nexon might actually listen to their fans... or pretend to be listening to their fans.

You have spoken, and we heard you. We’re sending out the call to experienced Vindictus players living in the Los Angeles area. If you are a Vindictus player level 20 or above, you may have a chance to come to the Nexon offices and share your ideas about the token system with us.

If you would like a chance to participate, send us an email to: webevents@nexon.net. The subject line must be Vindictus Meet Up: Token System.

Please include the following:

1. Name

2. Age

3. Phone number

4. Address

5. Email

6. Character name

7. Your take on the token system

8. Availability on the afternoon/evening of Monday, October 25

If you are selected, we will contact you over the weekend with the details for the meet up.

Let us know what you think!

-Vindictus Team-

Has there been any mention by the Devs on addressing the lag? I don't think I've been in one smooth running party yet. I mean even being able to see and sort the lag before I choose a boat would be a big help. Combat is nifty and all but it's hard to enjoy it when the game is a freaking slideshow.

1. How do I get Ulchas's Holy Sword? I've run the Blood Prince a bunch of times and seen people get it, but I haven't.

2. Does anything other than carrying capacity increase on a level up? I went from 32 to 33 and the only thing I noticed was that. Also, attack and magic attack seemed to go down by 100, and defense seemed to go way up (1182 to 1850). I don't think I did anything strange like de-equip while I was looking. I also restored all of my gear, so I'm not sure why this happened.

Mairu

Cow Mengde said:
Wow, Nexon might actually listen to their fans... or pretend to be listening to their fans.
This is completely dumb, they've had hundreds, thousands of posts dealing with the token system only to decide all the posts that actually had worthwhile content in them (that were even posted in by Potatomatic) were pointless and to put everything into one topic in order to make it seem like the token system wasn't the game-breaking problem it currently is. There's going to be nothing said at the meeting that wasn't already stated multiple times by many different people on the forums, and half the people who get to go to Nexon are just going to talk about the positives because they're going to be excited about being able to go to Nexon.

If I was in SoCal for another day I would have tried to go, but it's completely pointless to have an RL meeting for something that has had more than enough constructive criticism on the forums. I'm getting bored of Vindictus as there's no reason to play for more than a few minutes a day to do dailies, can't really play the game with my guildies anymore because we're all rarely online for anything other than dailies, and even though I have access to multiple accounts to feed myself tokens from, it's just not fun playing the game as a single player game.

I'll be paying attention to what they actually do to change the token system but I won't be spending any more money in the game and I'll be actively looking for a different online game to invest my time into.

1stStrike

Banned
I come and go. I'll play for a few hours, then I won't play for 2 days, then I'll come back and spend all my tokens in one day. I still have to play through Mass Effect 2 at least one more time (and Mass Effect 1 as well) since I no longer have my game saves :( Gotta be ready for Mass Effect 3!

But, yeah, I'm not gong anywhere, I'm just committed to not getting addicted again. I AM really looking forward to Evie though. I do not know if I'll play her, but just having a magic user in the party would be exciting.

Velion

prodystopian said:
1. How do I get Ulchas's Holy Sword? I've run the Blood Prince a bunch of times and seen people get it, but I haven't.

2. Does anything other than carrying capacity increase on a level up? I went from 32 to 33 and the only thing I noticed was that. Also, attack and magic attack seemed to go down by 100, and defense seemed to go way up (1182 to 1850). I don't think I did anything strange like de-equip while I was looking. I also restored all of my gear, so I'm not sure why this happened.

1. Random Drop, Can get it dropped from him or auto looted after results screen popped up.

2. @ 34 there's weight mastery which increases that by 20/40/60...

Sectus said:
You tried to craft gloves and then enchant them for the quest?

The text in the quest is bugged (it's been like that since the early beta actualy), the "sweetie bear gloves +1" actually means the helmet for that set. If you open your quest log, and click on it, you'll see it's supposed to be the helmet.

You still need the gloves for another sweetie bear quest though.

Ha, I spent 20k gold for nothing then. You're right, it is messed up. Checked it out and it even has the helmet listed as 'Sweetie Bear Gloves +1'.

PedroLumpy said:
Has there been any mention by the Devs on addressing the lag? I don't think I've been in one smooth running party yet. I mean even being able to see and sort the lag before I choose a boat would be a big help. Combat is nifty and all but it's hard to enjoy it when the game is a freaking slideshow.

I think there was an update already, when the Open Beta arrived, to address the lag. There probably still working on it, but it's a lot better than what the Closed Beta was. It's 50/50 for me. It ranges from kinda smooth to playable, and once in a while, unplayable.

Looking forward to trying out Evie soon. Just hate how classes are gender locked.

This one right here has kept me from being too interested in the game. I have a blast while playing the game in general, but I get this very dis-attached feeling when grouping and the rest of my party is tearing through the dungeon in slideshow form.

1stStrike

Banned
Lag has always been great for me because I always host :eek:

I'm not going to mess around with lag. I'd rather just host. I have a good connection though - I was hosting a fishing boat the other day and everyone the boat had 2 - 5 bars and no one lagged.

Mairu

The M.O.B said:
I have been getting a lot less laggy parties since the Halloween update, not sure if they did anything or I'm just lucky. :D
To be honest, the logical explanation for less lag is that there have been just a lot less fewer parties because people aren't playing as much as they were before the token system change.

Rawk Hawk

Is the GAF east guild normally dead or do I have something else I need to do? Was on yesterday from about 5-8 EDT, says I'm in the guild on my character screen, but when clicking the guild icon in the lower right hand corner it gave me some paragraph about not being in one.

Anyway, glad to see spammers are already playing, whenever I was in the town last night I kept seeing "buy gold 4 cheap! imscammingyou.com!"

Poyunch

You could keep your chat box on the team or guild tab. Also a random told me this and apparently it works. Any channel above 112 is free from spammers. So far it's worked because there are very few people on that channel.

YYZ

you can block players by typing in "/block name". Pretty simple. I just do it if I'm in town and I see one or two spammers, not too hard to do.

Poyunch

I'm low on cash to forge the Blood Lancer and I need to sell something. Which should I sell, the Executioner or The Reaper?
Conceited said:
Just had a party with GAFman, whoever that is. :p
Oh snap that was you.? I'm GAFman.

Omnicent

Man I'm starting to love spear lann even more.
I'm spamming Blood Prince for exp at the moment and it's a rush.

I don't 3960 much (well on knockdown of course),
but mostly Fury Infusion and LLR->Gliding Fury->DashR->Gliding.

Running around at 1HP while still being fully aggresive on bosses is much fun (unless the group I'm in super laggy, in which case it's no FI spam).

I need to see if I can possibly add in 3960, as it could give some extra mobility.

Well I'm out of my daily tokens (6 runs a day bah), so guess I'll practice on gnoll chietian later on.

PounchEnvy said:
I'm low on cash to forge the Blood Lancer and I need to sell something. Which should I sell, the Executioner or The Reaper?

Oh snap that was you.? I'm GAFman.

I sold Executioner to get Blood Lance. Haven't looked back. I kind of want the Ykevsha (sp?) swords for soloing though.

Poyunch

prodystopian said:
I sold Executioner to get Blood Lance. Haven't looked back. I kind of want the Ykevsha (sp?) swords for soloing though.
As I guess that's better because I'd be pretty mad at myself selling my Reaper so soon. Also is it worth it to go into the Armor Proficiencies or will focusing on Weight Mastery do just fine for now?

Mairu

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=009w8

The important parts:
After considering many ideas, we’d like to announce the following changes to the Vindictus Token System:

Silver Token Giveaways

* Silver Tokens given away will be increased to 150
* Silver Tokens will now be refilled 3 times per week. Refills will occur every Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 10:00 AM Pacific.

Platinum Token Pricing

* Platinum Tokens prices have been reduced:
o 1 Platinum Token = NX 300
o 10 Platinum Tokens = NX 2600
o 50 Platinum Tokens = NX 6900

Players who purchased Platinum Tokens at the original prices will be given the difference in Platinum Tokens during the scheduled maintenance on October 26, 2010.

These changes become effective following the October 26, 2010 patch.
Their wording is somewhat confusing and I originally thought it would be 3 resets of 150 tokens on each reset but I'm fairly sure it's more like 3 resets of 50 tokens = 150 tokens per week. The latter is a nice change but I don't know if it's enough to keep me playing the game and actually paying for items

The reduction in platinum token price was necessary considering the price in the KR version was cheaper.

I still think they'd do a better job of making money on a game like this by selling things other than tokens. League of Legends makes its money off of characters and skins, not on allowing you to play the game. :/

Dreavus

Mairu said:
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=009w8

The important parts:

Their wording is somewhat confusing and I originally thought it would be 3 resets of 150 tokens on each reset but I'm fairly sure it's more like 3 resets of 50 tokens = 150 tokens per week. The latter is a nice change but I don't know if it's enough to keep me playing the game and actually paying for items

The reduction in platinum token price was necessary considering the price in the KR version was cheaper.

I still think they'd do a better job of making money on a game like this by selling things other than tokens. League of Legends makes its money off of characters and skins, not on allowing you to play the game. :/

It looks fairly reasonable, I think. Now I'll definitely have trouble using up my tokens with the amount of time I have to play. With the free 30 plat tokens, my stash of 120+ seals of dedication, and generally limited play time, I don't see this being a problem at all in the foreseeable future. Good on them for actually changing something I suppose!

And the fixed pricing on platinum tokens makes sense, since as 1stStrike pointed out, you didn't actually save very much money with the "bulk" buys under the old pricing. :lol

And for what it's worth I've seen more than a few people buying the sexy under armor for Fiona, or sporting face tattoos/skeleton faces. I agree that's where they should be focusing more, but it doesn't seem to be doing too bad for them right now either!

Xamdou

So all we getting after today's maintenance is Evie? No new lvl cap or dungeons? I thought the Gamespot reviewer said Nexon plans to update the game every 3 weeks until it catches up with the Korean version.

The M.O.B

Xamdou said:
So all we getting after today's maintenance is Evie? No new lvl cap or dungeons? I thought the Gamespot reviewer said Nexon plans to update the game every 3 weeks until it catches up with the Korean version.

.........You don't call getting Evie an update?

A new character is a pretty big addition for this game in my opinion. Especially since she has some really unique abilities that Fiona and Lann don't have.

Xamdou

The M.O.B said:
.........You don't call getting Evie an update?

A new character is a pretty big addition for this game in my opinion. Especially since she has some really unique abilities that Fiona and Lann don't have.

She is a substantial update and I plan to make an Evie char as soon as the maintenance is done but what about those Lann and Fiona users who are stuck at the lvl 38 cap awaiting new content in terms of skills and stages?

Xamdou said:
She is a substantial update and I plan to make an Evie char as soon as the maintenance is done but what about those Lann and Fiona users who are stuck at the lvl 38 cap awaiting new content in terms of skills and stages?

It's not an Open Beta for nothing :D

Dreavus

Xamdou said:

I'm still at 32 T_T

I await the day that I can get that damn "reduce weight" skill (lvl 34) and actually wear some my new armor without collapsing like a feeble old man. :lol

Mairu

Cloudius12 said:
thats pretty generous of them, they could have left everything the way it was and screw everyone.
The only people that get screwed by their old system is Nexon and their cash flows

Xamdou

Dreavus said:
I'm still at 32 T_T

I await the day that I can get that damn "reduce weight" skill (lvl 34) and actually wear some my new armor without collapsing like a feeble old man. :lol

Get your heavy armor and sword mastery skills both to lvl A, enhance all your Blood Prince armor each to +4 and +5 enhance your ykesha sword. Doing all these increases your weight limit thus you can rock your Prince gear w/ new sword at lvl 33 without the need for the weight mastery at lvl 34.

Mairu

Xamdou said:
Get your heavy armor and sword mastery skills both to lvl A, enhance all your Blood Prince armor each to +4 and +5 enhance your ykesha sword. Doing all these increases your weight limit thus you can rock your Prince gear w/ new sword at lvl 33 without the need for the weight mastery at lvl 34.
I'm pretty sure weight doesn't decrease on +4 or +5, maybe even +3

Don't even need sword mastery at A and maybe not even heavy at A, the reduction from enhancing is pretty big

Mairu

Teknopathetic said:
Yes, Enhancement doesn't reduce weight after +2, though I recall reading that it does at some point again after that.
It decreases agai nat +6, but +6 requires Enhancement Elixirs from hero mode

Evie is pretty neat

1stStrike

Banned
To avoid the spammers just change your channel after you login - I set mine to 185 and there's like 1 or 2 other people on it tops usually, so no spamming. :D

My friend got into the game and she has her Evie up to lvl 10, so looks like she's hooked.

Also, great news on the token refill rates - looks like I'll be able to play a lot more normally now!

Ezalc

I'm level 18, and I'm trying to make a guild but can't what's up with this? Is there some requirement to making a guild? :/

Sucks you can't cross-trade between servers. Made a Mage in the West server so I could join the GAF West guild, worked my way up to level 10, and couldn't send items from my level 25 Fiona.

Top Bottom