• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Omnicent

riceandbeans said:
How'd you build up that much gold? I'm struggling just to keep around 20k.
I have been playing for 3 days and have over 400k.

Rules I follow:
1. Always check the market price. Yeah I have seen items that when mouse over sell for like 150, but actually sells for like 3k+. Never trust, you need to check it yourself. Years of FFXI AH whoring helps though.

2. Run missions with good drops. Boat 1 I tend to do Decisive Battle and Revenge.
Boat 2 farm ore's along with killing things. Go for quick and easy w/good returns.
Also kill the polar bear(raid mission). It's awesome for xp, ap, and gold.

3. Just got to boat 3, so I have nothing there.

4. Try to get drops that you can use in crafts for a profit (IE make more crafting than selling just the materials). I look forward to crafting blood prince sets. That will probably be my main focus in the future.

Pretty basic stuff. I'm sitting at 400k with around 100k in things to sell (from yesterday). I'd have another 100-200k, but well can't use the marketward at the moment, so grinding the bear.

Mairu

riceandbeans said:
How'd you build up that much gold? I'm struggling just to keep around 20k.
I did a lot of AP farming on the polar bear before EAB ended and basically had 7 million from doing so much polar bear (gold rewards from the battle, gold from vendoring the items from the battle). Otherwise, basically just selling stuff on the marketplace. Prices rarely go up except for on rare items like Silver Ore, so basically you can sell almost anything now and not have to worry about whether you'll need it later because it'll likely be on the marketplace for less than you paid.

Unless of course you try to sell something on the marketplace and it just takes all your gold anyways ;_;

1stStrike

Banned
I'm lvl 31 now - looks like I'm going to be doing a bunch of blood prince runs. But, man, that's actually a pretty damn difficult mission. The 3rd dude with the fireballs and the blood prince destroy me every time. I need to start using my shield more lol

Mairu

1stStrike said:
I'm lvl 31 now - looks like I'm going to be doing a bunch of blood prince runs. But, man, that's actually a pretty damn difficult mission. The 3rd dude with the fireballs and the blood prince destroy me every time. I need to start using my shield more lol
Let me know if you need any help with anything. I probably won't log on until I see what Nexon is doing about the gold loss issue, but assuming they fix that, I'll be back online for more

Mairu

cartoon_soldier said:
Am I correct in understanding that if you take the mine bombs to mine ore in a battle, you can't carry a secondary weapon with it?
Yep, mining bombs fill the secondary weapon slot

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
Let me know if you need any help with anything. I probably won't log on until I see what Nexon is doing about the gold loss issue, but assuming they fix that, I'll be back online for more

I need all this boat 1 crap in order to make this mace which I can't actually use - it's just a component needed to make my next hammer. :|

I need the following to make it (which I'd buy on the marketplace if it was working):

5 black gnoll leather
10 gnoll maces
1 gnoll buckler (I have 4 of these already)

Grr. So yeah, I'm going to be grinding boat 1 a lot I guess.

Edit: Looks like they posted an update in regards to the marketplace.

Oh yeah coin refills at 3 p.m Pacific, 5 p.m Pacific, 10 p.m Pacific, 12 a.m Pacific, 5 am. Pacific.

Sonna in Mairu's guild figured it out.

Poyunch

1stStrike said:
Well, I got everything but the 10 gnoll maces - they never seem to drop for me. Is there a good mission for them in boat 1?
Really? I hated gnoll maces since they always popped up when I was in the Ruins.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay so I have 5 gnoll maces now... none of which were drops. Some low lvl that I helped out with the gnoll chieftan gave them to me.

I've done like 10 or 12 boat 1 missions and no frigging gnoll mace drops :(

Edit: Marketplace is working again. I just went into it, bought 5 gnoll maces and did not lose my gold (other then what I spent).

Hurray!

I am now the proud owner of "The Capricorn". 2426 base atk, str +18, agi +18, int +12, will +12

If anyone needs a hammer, I have a +3 Bone Hammer that I'll no longer need - (2155 atk, agi+24, will+24). I won't charge a gaffer, but if you have some materials you can trade me towards the blood prince armor that'd be great :p

I like to announce that I'm quitting Vindictus. Strike I sent you 3 million of my money and 6 silver ores.

I'm going to start working out with my free time. I've giving my account to Mairu for safekeeping.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
I like to announce that I'm quitting Vindictus. Strike I sent you 3 million of my money and 6 silver ores.

I'm going to start working out with my free time. I've giving my account to Mairu for safekeeping.

Whaaaaat? That came out of nowhere. I'm gonna miss you :|

You're not giving up on videogames are you? Cause I'm sure there will be something else out that we can play.

I'm going to be on BFBC2 of course. Twisted Metal when it comes out.

I love games too much to just quit on it.

I get too crazy when I play mmos, but I can sure quit instantly. It's like semi crack to me. It's a good game just flawed connections.

Mairu

Crakatak187 said:

;_;

ILL MISS YOU

Marketplace is back up, gold is not returned yet though ;(

edit: Enhancing weapons makes them untradeable/unsellable/unmailable just like buying it off the marketplace does

You can dye and sell though

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
;_;

ILL MISS YOU

Marketplace is back up, gold is not returned yet though ;(

edit: Enhancing weapons makes them untradeable/unsellable/unmailable just like buying it off the marketplace does

You can dye and sell though

I haven't figure out how to actually dye anything - it doesn't give me a choice of colors.

It's not like I'll be totally gone. I'll still post here. I really do need to quit if I'm going to start working out. I have a bad habit with MMOs I put tons of hours into it.

Tell the other guild members I said goodbye even though I hardly spoke to them.

Edit: Not to that rude guy in the guild that spews racist comments though. Never liked him.

What is the point with Heavy Armor anyways, you can never wear a full set and always have to mismatch with light armor. Blood Prince is heavy as heck.

Enchant your Blood Prince set and learn Heavy armor to rank A. You could also have weight training to rank A instead of enchanting.

He's not in the neogaf clan. Don't worry about it.

When you enchant you'll lose the ability to sell the item in the market, but the price will drop in the market eventually anyways.

Another helpful tip, enchanting gets rid of deterioration, so don't go mad enchanting when you don't need to for armor.

Crakatak187 said:
When you enchant you'll lose the ability to sell the item in the market, but the price will drop in the market eventually anyways.

Another helpful tip, enchanting gets rid of deterioration, so don't go mad enchanting when you don't need to for armor.

Haha this is the reason I'm hesitant to enchant all of my Blood Prince stuff right now.

I'm not quitting, but I think I'm going to back off until they release new content. I just don't want to grind the Blood Prince just to get to the Red Tyrant. I can wait.

Ricker

What`s with the fishing...I wasted a full batch(36) of those harpoons or whatever,aiming a little to the left,because it seems if I aim in the middle of the puddle,it lands to the right,and I didn`t catch anything so far...

Omnicent

Ricker said:
What`s with the fishing...I wasted a full batch(36) of those harpoons or whatever,aiming a little to the left,because it seems if I aim in the middle of the puddle,it lands to the right,and I didn`t catch anything so far...

Are you waiting for the message "A school of fish has appeared"? That could be your problem.

Ricker

Omnicent said:
Are you waiting for the message "A school of fish has appeared"? That could be your problem.

Is that it? I thought about that but didn`t notice anything different in the water after that message hehe...

1stStrike

Banned
The fish respawn is sllooooow right now. It's like one school of fish every 5 minutes. I recommend playing it on hard as there's a few more fish + a bigger one (which I caught from the other side of the screen cause I'm a bad ass :lol)

Oh and NeoGAF West is up to 16 people, though we rarely play together since we're all at different levels. I imagine that'll change once some people catch up.

Edit: And I'm convinced any lag from me hosting, whether the person is on the west coast or east coast isn't from my end. Ran a test on pingtest.net from me (NY) to LA and had a 108 ping with no packetloss - and on the NY side I had a 31 ping with no packetloss.

I think they're doing maintenance tonight, so hopefully they do something about the server load.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Joined the West server, character name is Theon. Im like, at level 9, having fun!

So is the marketplace fixed now? I avoided it cause I heard about the bug.

1stStrike

Banned
Raging Spaniard said:
Joined the West server, character name is Theon. Im like, at level 9, having fun!

So is the marketplace fixed now? I avoided it cause I heard about the bug.

Make sure you apply for the guild (search for NeoGAF). :eek:

And yeah the marketplace is fixed, so go wild. I bought the remainder of the items I needed for my blood prince set last night on there :D

Edit: Looks like the normal maintenance is happening tonight and they're also adding in content for a Halloween Event. Yay, more quests. I just hit lvl 33 and I'm pretty sure I won't be getting any new equipment until after 38 since the blood prince armor is better then the red tyrant armor for me (red tyrant is higher defense but you lose the huge strength bonus).

Also, I can currently hold 401 stones, have the entire blood prince set, a hammer and like 3 chests full of stuff and I'm only in the yellow - though I'm going to need to start lvling up plate armor soon for the next set of levels after this.

Fiona can carry that much stones? Geez, I wonder what Im missing everytime I look at the amount of stones I can only carry. only 273 stones.

Mairu

Halloween Event Info is Up:
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=009r7 said:
Greetings Mercenaries-

As the nights grow longer, that time of the years is upon us. Ghosts whisper from inches out of sight, goblins emerge from their hiding places, and warlocks fill the air with malevolent laughter. The Halloween season is here, and it’s time for spooky celebrations everywhere. Vindictus is no exception.

From October 20th through November 2nd, we are proud to present our first Fall Fear Festival!

NIGHT COMES TO COLHEN

Night has fallen on Colhen and the full moon can be seen rising in clouded skies. Festive banners and Jack-o-Lanterns can be seen throughout the town. Check out these decorations as you travel through Colhen, letting the holiday spirit provide reprieve after a day of combat.

IN-GAME EVENTS

TRICK OR TREAT

Visit the Strange Traveler at the Inn after completing the Decisive Battle and he’ll send you on a quest to get him candy! You can either do some trick-or-treating with the NPCs or look for candy drops from certain monsters. After you turn in enough candy to the Strange Traveler, you can get a special “Trick-or-Treat” title. Turn in even more and he’ll give you a special Demon Horn Headband for your character to wear! If you don’t want to turn in your candy, you can even equip it to an inventory quick-slot and use it as a consumable which will act just like an HP Potion! Haunted om-noms are, after all, a holiday tradition.

MASHING PUMPKINS

Vampires in Ainle have been seen wearing Jack-o-Lantern masks. Even more daunting, mercenaries report that flying Jack-o-Lanterns attack furiously in various dungeons, as if possessed. The Strange Traveler has tasked any mercenaries who have completed the Decisive Battle with killing 30 of these nefarious creatures in exchange for the "Mashing Pumpkins" title. Are you brave enough to handle this challenge?

NEW ITEMS IN THE AVATAR SHOP AND THE SUPPLY DEPOT

In order to get all of our mercenaries in the holiday spirit, we’re offering exciting ways to customize your character in some spooky Halloween themed gear.

NEW INNER ARMORS

For Lann, we’re introducing the Skeleton Inner Armor, sure to be a hit at any costume party. Not to be left out, Fiona can wear the very sexy Skull Inner Armor!

SKULL FACE TATTOOS

On top of that, all characters can get the 3 new face tattoos: Serious Skull, Mischief Skull and Dead Baby Skull. All are guaranteed to creep out even the most devilish Fomor!

HALLOWEEN PACKAGE

In the Supply Depot, we have the Halloween Package. This special, limited-time offer includes one coupon good for a set of the Halloween-themed inner armor, one coupon good for a skull face tattoo and a pair of the Sparkling Evil Horns. Wearing these glowing horns will definitely make your character stand out in a crowd!

**PLEASE NOTE: The Coupons in the Halloween Package will expire 30 days after they have been moved from a player's temporary storage.**

Vindictus takes place in a savage land, and sometimes a party is just what you need to remind yourself of what it is you hold dear. Kick back this Halloween, go trick-or-treating and mash possessed pumpkins with friends.

Top Bottom