• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Sectus

Evie is awesome. I like that one of her starting spells feels like one of the most powerful and spectacular spells I've seen for a mage in any game.

The M.O.B

I don't know whether to applaud or laugh at the people who already have Evie to lvl 15. :/

She is a good character but I'll just stick it out with my Fiona for the long run.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The M.O.B said:
I don't know whether to applaud or laugh at the people who already have Evie to lvl 15. :/

She is a good character but I'll just stick it out with my Fiona for the long run.
You can get to level 11 in like 40 minutes if you buy the items you need :p

They need to add something from levels 27-28 to 31. That is just a big grind.

Even the battles now give me only 10-15 AP. And I don't mind doing the battles, just wish they had some quests associated with them now.

The M.O.B

Are those Nexon "Free points for filling out survey" ads legit? Or are they those chain surveys that ask for more surveys that eventually ask for money?

I don't feel like spending money on non-essential stuff

..................just gotta get that Fiona inner armor ^_^

Sectus

Best hat ever!
vind40-14-13-23.jpg

The M.O.B said:
Are those Nexon "Free points for filling out survey" ads legit? Or are they those chain surveys that ask for more surveys that eventually ask for money?

I don't feel like spending money on non-essential stuff

..................just gotta get that Fiona inner armor ^_^

The latter. I tried it, didn't work out.

jediyoshi

of0d0.jpg

baww i forgot how evil the drop rate of some items are. ran gnoll chieftain 3 times in a row on hard and didn't get any shoulders. resorted to the market ]:

Have not been playing much because I got bored of the mouse spam but Evie surely helps that, between managing stamina and the magic, plus combos, its pretty fun.

Rawk Hawk

Last night it seemed like every boat I went on was 3 Evie's and me (Lann). :lol

Is Evie mainly attacking or healing magic? Or will that be the only mage and you develop it to do one or both?

I'm interested in having Lann and a healer, but didn't know if I should jump on the Evie banwagon and end up with basically a Black Mage.

Rawk Hawk

Teknopathetic said:
She gets some healing spells, but the game's not about having a balanced party so most of her spells are attack based.

Gotcha, outside of the three in the game, and the couple others I've seen on the website, is there any chance of additional characters? Or is it safe to assume Evie is the closest thing to a healer we will get?

Either way, her attack spells seem to do fairly nice damage, my Lann is only level 19, but thinking about using her as my second character once the game gets rolling and running out of silver coins becomes an issue.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Got Evie to level 11.

Fireball and super armor are pretty good, but I don't like the play style as much as Fiona.

Hazaro said:
Got Evie to level 11.

Fireball and super armor are pretty good, but I don't like the play style as much as Fiona.

Yeah, I find her too slow so to speak. I don't have a really powerful move that can take down simple enemies like the grab moves with the other 2. Yeah, she has fireball, but that needs to recharge and takes time to pull off. If I want to run through something quick, I just snap their backs with the other 2.

Mairu

jediyoshi said:
What's it mean to challenge a skill?
When you challenge the skill it's supposed to open up a quest for you to be able to rank that up to 9. Unfortunately, the majority of Challenge Quests aren't in the game yet. The only one I know of that is in the game is Defense Mastery

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cow Mengde said:
How did you get your armor destroyed by that boss? He's easy.
I'm not very good at soloing. The hardest bosses I've beaten solo are probably kobold chief and the two at the end of wake up call.

Preview of the new levels coming soon... to the Korean version that is.

3utYZ.jpg

olOeb.jpg

efBJi.jpg

uwoXd.jpg

You fight the American Godzilla in the sewers.
hcVhV.jpg

Here's a picture I found on the forums.

DlP8A.jpg

YYZ

I think it's pretty cool that this game will have a gigantic character though I'm not sure how that will work in some levels where some corridors are quite small. It would look odd I guess. Definitely want to play as Karok, but it's going to feel like forever until then...

Mairu

YYZ said:
I think it's pretty cool that this game will have a gigantic character though I'm not sure how that will work in some levels where some corridors are quite small. It would look odd I guess. Definitely want to play as Karok, but it's going to feel like forever until then...
A gigantic character is cool, but it'd be cooler if it actually looked like he fit in with the world

YYZ

I'd rather not have another Korean idol. I don't even know if they have big, muscular idols. Seems like Karok is based off of what the western world imagines the hulking hero to be.

segarr

Of course, my cruddy comp can't play this well. From what I could stutter through, it was a good time. I know it's probably been said but, a version for consoles would rock. It is Source engine...

The M.O.B

Karok looks like he is supposed to be this stereotypical "Big mean black guy", .....or is that just me.

I'm much more interested in the archer character.

Poyunch

How do you get the Healing Skill for Evie? I was just speeding through the text and I got the Healing Runes already.
The M.O.B said:
Karok looks like he is supposed to be this stereotypical "Big mean black guy", .....or is that just me.

I'm much more interested in the archer character.
Well you could leave out the black part since skin color's most likely going to be an option in customization like it's been so far.

I've never been a fan of projectile based classes and I love "heavy" classes so I'm saving him for my third character slot on my main server.

Mairu

It's not that I have anything against that kind of character, it just looks like he's photoshopped in in that picture. It doesn't seem to fit with the design of the rest of the game

They just move soo quickly, even when doing the 3960 with Lann, half the times they have jumped away.

Spears go to waste most of the time too.

Well, just got it done. Evie would help by healing, I ran out of hp potions. :lol

Dreavus said:
Fixed that for you.

Unless you're doing it alone, which I haven't been man enough to do yet. :lol

I don't do any of them alone. I really want to just kill shit in this game, don't want to spend time trying to solo bosses.

jj984jj said:
I'm not very good at soloing. The hardest bosses I've beaten solo are probably kobold chief and the two at the end of wake up call.

The upside is that you get a ton more experience going rouge, at least when you start out. I was filling up at least 1/4 or more of my bar fighting alone with my Evie starting out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
riceandbeans said:
The upside is that you get a ton more experience going rouge, at least when you start out. I was filling up at least 1/4 or more of my bar fighting alone with my Evie starting out.
Yeah I got a bunch of xp from soloing bear. Not worth the time it took though. Ugh.
cartoon_soldier said:
3 werewolves fight is infuriating
bvsUi.jpg

:D (Down him on top of stairs then run about 8 feet past the bottom of the stairs and he can't target you)

Then you just counter stun the other 2 werewolves and pummel the big guy.

Mairu

Hazaro said:
Yeah I got a bunch of xp from soloing bear. Not worth the time it took though. Ugh.

bvsUi.jpg

:D (Down him on top of stairs then run about 8 feet past the bottom of the stairs and he can't target you)

Then you just counter stun the other 2 werewolves and pummel the big guy.
OMG GLITCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

The best way to get experience is to take two players into an instance and have one leave right before boss dies! WOOO!

Dreavus

So is the "item is marked as untradable" thing after purchasing from the marketplace relatively new? I don't remember any of that going on earlier in the Beta.

Does the "untradable" mark apply to mailed items as well?

Mairu

Dreavus said:
So is the "item is marked as untradable" thing after purchasing from the marketplace relatively new? I don't remember any of that going on earlier in the Beta.

Does the "untradable" mark apply to mailed items as well?
No it's been like that since EAB started, you've never been able to resell stuff bought on marketplace

Doesn't apply to mailed items.

Odd physics bugs going on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t22baGjhJ48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXrOSuL8BIw

Top Bottom