• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
riceandbeans said:
The upside is that you get a ton more experience going rouge, at least when you start out. I was filling up at least 1/4 or more of my bar fighting alone with my Evie starting out.

True that. I usually get like 19k - 22k from the blood prince - but if I end up by myself at the end for whatever reason I get like 44k experience :eek:

Poyunch

Hazaro said:
Yeah I got a bunch of xp from soloing bear. Not worth the time it took though. Ugh.

bvsUi.jpg

:D (Down him on top of stairs then run about 8 feet past the bottom of the stairs and he can't target you)

Then you just counter stun the other 2 werewolves and pummel the big guy.
Alternatively if you just go down the stairs a little only he will target you then go beat him around with spears and stuff on the stairs and finish the entire fight without having to fight his buddies.

YYZ

Blakero said:
I've just been offered the position of Marketing coordinator at Nexon... now if only my laptop would actually play this game with the beautiful graphics on high!!
Marketing coordinator? Are you the guy we bitch and complain to?

Mairu

Blakero said:
Ha, no, I would be the guy who tries to convince people to spend money on our worthless time-limited and gameplay-enabling items
fixed hawhawhaw

Yesterday I found out that running two instances of the game on my new PC runs a hell of a lot better than running one of them on my ~4yr old MBP :D

YYZ

Rabbit Lord said:
How do people get all their armor the same color like red/blue/gold etc when the dye system is so random? is that a pay service?
I think each roll of a certain item has three colours it can be. If you look at the marketplace, it'll tell that to you. I'm not sure how to see it on items that you own yourself.

Ignignort

Blakero said:
I've just been offered the position of Marketing coordinator at Nexon... now if only my laptop would actually play this game with the beautiful graphics on high!!

Congratulations, that's a pretty cool job you've scored!

Mairu

Rabbit Lord said:
How do people get all their armor the same color like red/blue/gold etc when the dye system is so random? is that a pay service?
Dye system is random but it isn't restricted to 3 attempts (or at least it wasn't before the Evie patch) so people just spend more and more gold to get the color they want

Dreavus

Mairu said:
Dye system is random but it isn't restricted to 3 attempts (or at least it wasn't before the Evie patch) so people just spend more and more gold to get the color they want

Yep... on Blood prince it's around 11,000 for a dye chance on the chest piece. Took me about 3-4 tries to get black and I was terrified to go for anything else, so I matched my other pieces to it (which is a bit cheaper, around 6k or something each). I was kind of hoping for red but I don't have the money to reroll my colours. :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Dreavus said:
Yep... on Blood prince it's around 11,000 for a dye chance on the chest piece. Took me about 3-4 tries to get black and I was terrified to go for anything else, so I matched my other pieces to it (which is a bit cheaper, around 6k or something each). I was kind of hoping for red but I don't have the money to reroll my colours. :lol

I actually ended up with an all red blood prince set. It looks awesome :D

Poyunch

So should I forge a Blade of Ykesha I have all the materials but I only really spear now. I kind of just want it for the sake of having it but I don't know. :lol

Poyunch

cartoon_soldier said:
Is there a boat 4? I am confused. We aren't in beta any more right?
We're in open beta now. The game's not officially out yet. Evie can't even get her secondary weapon yet.

Sectus

Didn't the open beta end at the 26th?

Anyway, this being an online game it will keep getting updated. They're probably following a schedule for when they'll add the various features which is in the Korean version already. I doubt they'll try to push it all at once.

Poyunch

Oh I guess we are in the final game. How disappointing. :lol

edit: It's really going to be tough to choose between staff and scythe. I originally wanted to play as Evie to have a character that's not just another melee attacker but I still want to use the Scythe.

PounchEnvy said:
Oh I guess we are in the final game. How disappointing. :lol

edit: It's really going to be tough to choose between staff and scythe. I originally wanted to play as Evie to have a character that's not just another melee attacker but I still want to use the Scythe.

I actually found Staff Evie very boring and annoying to play. Fighting basic enemies fells like a chore with her. She's fine during boss fights, but regular enemies just bore me. I'm hoping scythe will be more fun.

Poyunch

Cow Mengde said:
I actually found Staff Evie very boring and annoying to play. Fighting basic enemies fells like a chore with her. She's fine during boss fights, but regular enemies just bore me. I'm hoping scythe will be more fun.
Playing as her now, this is the main reason why I want to use the scythe. I'm probably going to go into the scythe because I've never liked playing the support role. Now I just need to stop focusing on the magic skills.

Is it just me or is there no way to upgrade the Eagle Talon (the attack charged from running)? I don't see it as one of my skills.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
Playing as her now, this is the main reason why I want to use the scythe. I'm probably going to go into the scythe because I've never liked playing the support role. Now I just need to stop focusing on the magic skills.

Is it just me or is there no way to upgrade the Eagle Talon (the attack charged from running)? I don't see it as one of my skills.
You get Eagle Talon as a skill to upgrade later

I really enjoy playing staff Evie. She does a lot of damage once she gets to like 30/32+ and it's nice playing a support character for a change. I will probably try scythe out but I don't know if I'll have my Evie go scythe considering I don't really need another mindless combat character like Lann to play

Omnicent

any other spear lanns experience the spear move set to sword move set glitch?
Was just doing red tyrant, tried to roll, couldn't went damn it the glitch again.
I sent another ticket to nexon as this is the fourth time this has occured while playing.

Mairu

Omnicent said:
Was just doing red tyrant, tried to roll, couldn't went damn it the glitch again.
I sent another ticket to nexon as this is the fourth time this has occured while playing.
If you host you'll never experience it, it only happens in heavy lag

Omnicent said:

How did you get to level 36 for the Red Tyrant? Just Blood Prince runs?

I want to play it but I just can't grind the Blood Prince that many times..

Dreavus

Is it sad that the biggest thing holding me back from making an Evie is the fact that I can't think of a good name that isn't already taken? It's downright infuriating! :lol

Yes, I'm one of those people who will agonize over things like this. D:

Dreavus said:
Is it sad that the biggest thing holding me back from making an Evie is the fact that I can't think of a good name that isn't already taken? It's downright infuriating! :lol

You're not the only one, I'm one of those people too...complete with the refusal to add numbers or replace letters with numbers like I've seen around.

In any case, been playing this game and didn't realize this thread existed...may have partied with some people before but it's hard to tell, since GAFman is the only person I recognized immediately online.

YYZ

ShadowgeistX said:
You're not the only one, I'm one of those people too...complete with the refusal to add numbers or replace letters with numbers like I've seen around.
Having a number(s) in your avatar name is beyond lame. I've made a few African-looking characters and a lot of those names are taken as well. You have to really try a lot.

Poyunch

Dreavus said:

I wanted ThreEve but that was taken so I just used Threevie. Then I was thinking of using Ms. Fortune but I bet that was already taken by a Fiona.

Cow Mengde said:

Felt the same way. She's pretty weak with the staff outside spells and taking down enemies takes a good amount of hits when your meleeing. Only on level 17 atm, still trying to work my way to the scythe.

Not sure how I feel about the game though. Working on my Fiona and getting her to level 27 has been a ridiculous grind and 28 isn't going to be easier since I've finished up most of the story quests that don't require stupid amounts of money.

Mairu

prodystopian said:

I mainly did Blood Prince runs, there's a bunch of titles for it so if you work on those it's not too bad if you also spice it up with other stuff.

Felt the same way. She's pretty weak with the staff outside spells and taking down enemies takes a good amount of hits when your meleeing. Only on level 17 atm, still trying to work my way to the scythe.
I think staff Evie starts to show her power at around level 30 when you get your first SP skill. Blind Arrow does a shit ton of damage, and only requiring 2 SP bars makes it so you can use it fairly often. Healing also increases SP so it works really well

Omnicent

prodystopian said:

Did all the quests for some good exp. I don't worry about leveling, mostly grind AP (I had a backlog of missions to get AP on till they hit 10 at which point I just ran Dethrone the White Tyrant and Blood Prince).

Also this game's grind is pretty light (shout out to FFXI and the days of 4k hr is amazing lol).

I just got the Sweetie Bear shorts and I can't use them because the stupid boxer-ish shorts from my Fiona run past them. How are people wearing the Sweetie bear shorts without the giant spandex showing?

riceandbeans said:
I just got the Sweetie Bear shorts and I can't use them because the stupid boxer-ish shorts from my Fiona run past them. How are people wearing the Sweetie bear shorts without the giant spandex showing?

Cash shop underwear.

Mairu

Newest screenshot of Karok:

2010110220173938.jpg

I think it's much more fitting to the current style of the game than the last image.

DarciisFyer said:
Cash shop underwear.

So I've gotta rent underwear for 30 days just to properly where the shorts? :lol

I might as well just pay a subscription for FFXIV or something.

New character looks pretty good. Probably won't be out anytime soon though.

Mairu

Evie's scythe skills seem ridiculously good

I might just make another Evie to use as a healer and turn my current Evie to scythe

jediyoshi

Sectus said:
Did you take that screenshot? If so, how do you get screenshots without the HUD?

Minus on the keypad, I stumbled across it just a while ago looking through the weirder control options.

CGAeF.jpg

Mairu

In addition to scythes, it looks like we're getting cheaper tradeable platinum tokens tomorrow.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Catalog/SupplyDetail.aspx?id=9&return_url=/Catalog/ShowCase.aspx

Crimson Token

A crimson token needed to board a boat. You aren't required to use these coins, but they are guaranteed to make you feel rich. Unlike Silver Tokens, you only need one to board regardless of how many times you've boarded a boat today. Unlike Platinum Tokens, Crimson Tokens can be traded in the Marketplace.

* Quantity: 1, 10 or 30 units
* Price: NX 990/NX 1490/NX 2490

Dreavus

Mairu said:
In addition to scythes, it looks like we're getting cheaper tradeable platinum tokens tomorrow.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/Catalog/SupplyDetail.aspx?id=9&return_url=/Catalog/ShowCase.aspx

Crimson Token

A crimson token needed to board a boat. You aren't required to use these coins, but they are guaranteed to make you feel rich. Unlike Silver Tokens, you only need one to board regardless of how many times you've boarded a boat today. Unlike Platinum Tokens, Crimson Tokens can be traded in the Marketplace.

* Quantity: 1, 10 or 30 units
* Price: NX 990/NX 1490/NX 2490

So...

What is the downside here? Why would we ever buy platinum tokens now? Are Crimson tokens time sensitive or something?

EDIT: Here it is
- Not like Platinum Tokens, Crimson Tokens do not give Luck or Experience bonuses.

There also seems to be a discrepancy in the price... in the news post the pricing is shown as being this:

Price
- 1 Crimson Token: 250
- 10 Crimson Tokens: 2200
- 30 Crimson Tokens: 5900

Maybe it's "on sale" at the moment?

Top Bottom