• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Mairu

:lol Initial update on the cash shop site was too good to be true

Here are the patch notes:

Version 1.09 Update - 'Crimson Tokens and Battle Scythe'

Battle Scythe

Be wary dear Mr. Reaper, a new death monger will soon take your place.

Evie’s Battle Scythe offers Mercenaries a new set of combat skills. The sole purpose of these new battle techniques is simply, to end the life of any adversary. Evie can learn the use of this new weapon by talking to Brynn when she reaches level 24.

For more information click here.

Crimson Tokens

New Crimson Tokens are being introduced to Vindictus. Crimson Tokens are a new way to pay for boat rides. They are available for purchase in the Supply Depot.

Functionality
- Only one Crimson Token is required to pay for dungeons.
- Crimson Tokens can be traded in the Market Place for gold.
- Crimson Tokens can be used to pay for other people’s dungeons.
- Not like Platinum Tokens, Crimson Tokens do not give Luck or Experience bonuses.

Price
- 1 Crimson Token: 250
- 10 Crimson Tokens: 2200
- 30 Crimson Tokens: 5900

NOTE: Only NX Prepaid can be used to purchase Crimson Tokens from the Supply Depot for any character below Lv.30.

Starting Events

Vindictus Elections (11/3 - 11/24)

Colhen is electing a new Mayor and it’s up to all the townspeople and mercenaries to vote for their favorite candidate! Be sure to check the website often for speeches from our candidates, ways you can help campaign, and ultimately vote on the new Mayor. A lot of exciting events will take place in the coming weeks! Make sure you are a part of the action.

There are many events that will take place in the next few weeks. Make sure to check the website often for speeches from our candidates, ways you can help campaign, and ultimately vote on the new Mayor.

Make Guild Master Event (11/3 - 11/9)

Guild Masters, recruit members into your guild from November 3 to November 9 and be rewarded with Crimson tokens. The amount of members you recruit will determine the number of tokens you will receive.

10-19 Members: 10 Crimson Tokens
20-29 Members: 30 Crimson Tokens
30-49 Members: 50 Crimson Tokens
50+ Members: 70 Crimson Tokens

Ending Events

Fall Fear Festival
The Fall Fear Festival has passed away. Come back next year when its sure to reincarnate.
* Halloween town decoration has been removed.
* Halloween events ("Trick-or-Treat" / "Mashing Pumpkins") have been removed.

Ending Sales

Halloween Package
The Halloween package is no longer available for purchase in the Supply Depot.

Bug Fixes

* Chatting bubbles appearing over characters not chatting has been fixed
* Untranslated text in Kayna (Avatar Shop cat) dialog has been fixed.
* Other minor text bugs have been fixed.

- Vindictus Team -

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=00A0X

Those prices seem less amazing.

:lol @ the crimson tokens for guild members, time to make a bunch of new characters to fill up my guild to get 70 tokens.

Xamdou

Website isn't loading for me. What time are the servers going to online again and at what lvl can u use the scythe? LvL 24?

Mairu

Xamdou said:
Website isn't loading for me. What time are the servers going to online again and at what lvl can u use the scythe? LvL 24?
9 AM PST lvl 24 (though considering this is nexon I would be surprised if they went up before 10 AM PST)

Rawk Hawk

Other than the offical site (since it's currently down), is there any good sites for information? I played with a guy last night who was using dual axes or something, I wanted to check them out while I'm at work, but the Vindictus site is down.

Mairu

Rawk Hawk said:
Yea that's exactly what it was, they were sweet. :lol

I liked the spinning attack a lot more than thousand needles which normally gets my hit trying to do too much.
Twin spears is OP against current content

Supposedly swords gets much much better as the game progresses, but currently spears >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> swords (Farm your AP now so you can do both in the future!)

Rawk Hawk

Yea, well I've already leveled twin sword mastery to like C or B ranking, thinking it would help damage, only to find out I was wrong. But I will like carry both so the play style doesn't dry out for me.

I need 3 levels still before I can use them, I'm like 50% to 22 now, then Northern Pike armor time! (not sure if that's really the best, but there is a quest, so I'm crafting it :lol )

Mairu

Rawk Hawk said:
Yea, well I've already leveled twin sword mastery to like C or B ranking, thinking it would help damage, only to find out I was wrong. But I will like carry both so the play style doesn't dry out for me.

I need 3 levels still before I can use them, I'm like 50% to 22 now, then Northern Pike armor time! (not sure if that's really the best, but there is a quest, so I'm crafting it :lol )
Craft/Buy Northern Pike but it's not worth actually using as Lann

Mairu

Lackmus said:
Is it still US-only?
Still US/Canada only, but it's certainly possible to get in the game with a proxy. I've got people in my guild from Vietnam, and I've played with others from Denmark

No word yet on when the EU CB starts, I think people expect it around December/January

Omnicent

Interesting news. I wonder how much crimson tokens will go for on the market? I have seen pics from mabinogi heroes with plat (which is tradeable in it) sell for like 30kish.

Whoever has money to waste on purchasing crimson tokens is going to have a massive amount of gold is what I can assume.

Rawk Hawk

Mairu said:
Craft/Buy Northern Pike but it's not worth actually using as Lann

No? I've mainly been getting the best DEF and STR gear to this point. I'm wearing the full snow suit (Kobold Winter?) set.

What's the best to focus on for Lann? I'm a real long time FFXI player, so I tend to still thinking in terms of that, focusing mainly on STR bonus since I consider Lann to be a damage dealer. Obviously this games mechanics are much different, so I don't want to gimp myself without knowing.

EDIT: May have answered my own question, Savage set appears to be what I should be striving for?

Mairu

Rawk Hawk said:
No? I've mainly been getting the best DEF and STR gear to this point. I'm wearing the full snow suit (Kobold Winter?) set.

What's the best to focus on for Lann? I'm a real long time FFXI player, so I tend to still thinking in terms of that, focusing mainly on STR bonus since I consider Lann to be a damage dealer. Obviously this games mechanics are much different, so I don't want to gimp myself without knowing.

EDIT: May have answered my own question, Savage set appears to be what I should be striving for?
Savage Leather until Blood Prince

STR for dmg, AGI for sta (not so necessary as spears w/fury infusion), WIL for crit

YYZ

All you need for Lann up to around lvl.34 is Crimson Rage set and then Savage Leather (which requires rank E for light armour, don't invest any more). From what I've seen, sword Lanns (like me) use the Red Tyrant set, but I'm not there yet. Spear Lanns use the Blood Prince set.

Mairu

Unsurprisingly, maintenance was extended

**UPDATE**

Dear Mercenaries,

Maintenance takes longer than originally expected. We may need 2 more hours to complete current tasks. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for you patience.

Pacific: 10:00 PM ~ 11:00 AM, Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010

Eastern: 01:00 AM ~ 02:00 PM, Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010

Poyunch

Since Evie's going to be getting the sythe is there going to be a patch?
YYZ said:
All you need for Lann up to around lvl.34 is Crimson Rage set and then Savage Leather (which requires rank E for light armour, don't invest any more). From what I've seen, sword Lanns (like me) use the Red Tyrant set, but I'm not there yet. Spear Lanns use the Blood Prince set.
Well if this is the case then I'll just use the Red Tyrant set for Evie. :D

Omnicent

YYZ said:

Or you can use a mixed set using both. Once I hit 38(today if I'm not lazy) I'll probably start optimizing my spear and sword lann (both is the best way to go imo).

Wish there was damage to text so I could make a parser, but since that's not viable I'm going to have to do this the old fashioned way
(seeing how attack and str affect damage, how much will affects crit. See if there is a crit rate cap. Those days of math whoring FFXI will be bleeding over for me lol)
by mostly fighting bosses/sub-bosses (HP bars and pixels to roughly estimate damage) to at least get some things rolling.

Should be fun and any other math munchers:)lol if you get this reference then you win 100 bonus points) on gaf are free to partake :D

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
Since Evie's going to be getting the sythe is there going to be a patch?
yes

edit:

**UPDATE 2**

Dear Mercenaries,

Maintenance takes longer than originally expected. We may need 2 more hours to complete current tasks. Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for you patience.

Pacific: 10:00 PM ~ 01:00 PM, Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010

Eastern: 01:00 AM ~ 04:00 PM, Wednesday, November 3rd, 2010
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Rawk Hawk

Outside of EastGAF is there any other GAFer's on the East Server? EastGAF when I am on has no one else online.

Could I play on the West Server as well? Play from New York, but can't imagine that would be a huge issue...

Mairu

Rawk Hawk said:
Outside of EastGAF is there any other GAFer's on the East Server? EastGAF when I am on has no one else online.

Could I play on the West Server as well? Play from New York, but can't imagine that would be a huge issue...
Doesn't really make much of a difference. Most of the lag is due to Nexon.

I've got a few people from Vietnam in my guild, and I've also played with people from Denmark ;p

edit: patch is up!

jediyoshi

1stStrike said:
Weird. I've never had an error patching, nor had an issue launching the game from the website.

Same, although I just prefer starting from the website so FF can enter login info automatically. The only issues I get are from accidentally leaving PeerBlock/Guardian on

YYZ

Yeah, never had a problem patching or launching either way, but I usually use a browser (Chrome) to launch. I thought it was the only way.

Poyunch

I've gotten an error once while patching but I was using my University's wifi which is really bad sometimes. I did it a second time after without a hitch.

Omnicent

GameGamer said:
I got a cookie error for the marketplace.

What browser is this game using and what cookie needs to be there?
Internet Explorer I believe. I have these problems from time to time as well.

GameGamer

Omnicent said:
Internet Explorer I believe. I have these problems from time to time as well.

I'll try it, thanks.

My biggest problem with the game is that at 1080p resolution I can't read the user interface!

Is there a way to enlarge and color the text so I can read it?

Poyunch

I was led to believe Weight Mastery was necessary for the Blood Prince Set.
It may make me tire out sooner but still. :lol
Uwnte.jpg

Oh and I thought this screenshot was pretty badass.
YMJS6.jpg

PounchEnvy said:
I was led to believe Weight Mastery was necessary for the Blood Prince Set.
It may make me tire out sooner but still. :lol

What level is your heavy armor skill at? I'm at B, and I don't have to full set yet. Maybe I still have time to level heavy armor up some more while I hunt for more silver.

Mairu

for most of the armor currently in the game it seems like the +2 (or +3 i forget) on the equip usually makes it enough for you to wear even without COMPLETELY maxed weight mastery or armor proficiencies

That's good, because I actually don't wear my armor until I have a complete set. I build what I can, and also use some enhancement stones on them if I have spares.

Top Bottom