• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Dreavus

PounchEnvy said:
I was led to believe Weight Mastery was necessary for the Blood Prince Set.
It may make me tire out sooner but still. :lol
http://i.imgur.com/Uwnte.jpg[IMG]

Oh and I thought this screenshot was pretty badass.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YMJS6.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That was probably me. :lol I'm not sure how you managed without the extra 20 stones taken off by weight mastery, but good on ya! Probably had more points into heavy armor mastery than I did. :P

I was sitting right on the line like that even with weight mastery.

Don't know what's up lately, but the game has been crashing a lot. Had it crash twice during start up and another time while I was in the middle of a mission with an exception access violation error. Anyone else getting really bad crashing? All this started happening after the latest patch.

Rawk Hawk

I want spears so bad, but from what I gather from the site posted is I need a Broken Wand from that Hell is Beyond or something dungeon. I'm maxed my BP there, seen someone else get it, but never got it myself. Is the a pre req before that even? (I'm lv24 at this point.)

Rawk Hawk said:
I want spears so bad, but from what I gather from the site posted is I need a Broken Wand from that Hell is Beyond or something dungeon. I'm maxed my BP there, seen someone else get it, but never got it myself. Is the a pre req before that even? (I'm lv24 at this point.)

No it's just a random drop. By random, I mean like 70% chance drop from the boss. It's a very important story item so you just got unlucky. Try again.

Rawk Hawk

Cow Mengde said:
No it's just a random drop. By random, I mean like 70% chance drop from the boss. It's a very important story item so you just got unlucky. Try again.

Gotcha, thanks. I mean I've only done like 4 runs, one for each Oath, not really that unlucky lol. I've had worse streaks. Just thought I'd ask before I spend all morning trying for it only to find out I misread something.

Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk said:
Gotcha, thanks. I mean I've only done like 4 runs, one for each Oath, not really that unlucky lol. I've had worse streaks. Just thought I'd ask before I spend all morning trying for it only to find out I misread something.

Urgh, alright so I found out I needed to be on the actual quest, I was attempting to just get a wand and then do the npc work. After 0/8 I seeked more help from a friend who helped me figure it out, anyway got twin spears now and they are pretty sweet.

Poyunch

Since the Guild Master event is almost ending I'd like to mention my Evie character still hasn't been approved for the GAF West guild. The name's Threevie.

PounchEnvy said:
Since the Guild Master event is almost ending I'd like to mention my Evie character still hasn't been approved for the GAF West guild. The name's Threevie.
Gaf guild on west is dying, should probably join up with Mairu and his Zero Tokens guild.

Mairu

Cloudius12 said:
Gaf guild on west is dying, should probably join up with Mairu and his Zero Tokens guild.
THUMBS UP.

Guilds aren't really more than chat channels with XP bonuses, but it's sometimes useful if you want to find a group for something specific (title runs, speed AP runs) considering the majority of the player base is bad :lol

Omnicent

Behold the sexiness of this pure Lann Bear killing team!
334nnh3.jpg

i75ufb.jpg

:lol

Dreavus

Cloudius12 said:

I was kinda considering this to. Although lately I've been part of the problem; been kinda busy. ><

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
I'll apply on Wednesday when I can play. :D
When I've logged on I've mostly just been doing dailies & leaving characters in fishing boat for seals. Too busy studying for DBMS exam tomorrow :(

BUT AFTER THAT IT'LL BE VINDICTUSTOKENTIME! :lol

1stStrike

Banned
I'm waiting on a new graphics card - fan in my 250 died, so I bought a GTX 460 and 4 GB more DDR3 ram (bring me up to 8 GB now). :D

Mairu

brain_stew said:
Any word on a European release yet?
Nope. Rumor is that CB starts in December or January, but that doesn't stop people from other regions from playing anyways! I've got a few people from Vietnam in my guild :p

Mairu

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=00A5I

Fishing Rod

The Fishing Rod has been added to the Vindictus Supply Depot. This sturdy fishing rod is made of wood and is much easier to fish with than a harpoon. By using the Fishing Rod, players will be able to automatically catch more fish and items at the fishing docks.

Price:
- 100 Fishing Rods: NX 990
- 200 Fishing Rods: NX 1400
- 400 Fishing Rods: NX 1900

Events Ending:

Guild Master Event

The Guild Master Event has ended. Guild Masters with the following amount of people will receive tokens in their mailbox:
- 10 - 19 Members: 10 Crimson Tokens
- 20 - 29 Members: 30 Crimson Tokens
- 30 - 49 Members: 50 Crimson Tokens
- 50+ Members: 70 Crimson Tokens

Evie Level-Up Event

All Evie characters who have reached Level 15 or higher will receive a Hair Coupon (30 Day) in their mailbox.

Bug Fix

- Token Reset Time has been changed back to 10:00 AM.
Fishing Rod :lol

1stStrike

Banned
I just got my Geforce GTX 460. Cranked up Vindictus and with all settings on max it's not even hesitating. The graphics bar is at 60+ and isn't budging.

And I haven't even overclocked it yet...

Dreavus

Hmmm...

"By using the Fishing Rod, players will be able to automatically catch more fish and items at the fishing docks."

Does the fishing rod mean that people idling on boats can catch stuff? Considering how long it takes to fish atm I could see this becoming popular. :lol

Mairu

1stStrike said:
I just got my Geforce GTX 460. Cranked up Vindictus and with all settings on max it's not even hesitating. The graphics bar is at 60+ and isn't budging.

And I haven't even overclocked it yet...
No surprise there :lol A GTX 460 is definitely much more than enough to run source games (like Vindictus) at max settings

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
No surprise there :lol A GTX 460 is definitely much more than enough to run source games (like Vindictus) at max settings

Yeah, it's overkill. I've got it overclocked now and it's running at 29 degrees C idling. Love this case.

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Yeah, it's overkill. I've got it overclocked now and it's running at 29 degrees C idling. Love this case.
Which brand & what did you OC it to? I've got a Gigabyte and safely raised it to 850 MHz with 2000 Mhz on the memory (not at home but I'm pretty sure these are what I have it set to)

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
Which brand & what did you OC it to? I've got a Gigabyte and safely raised it to 850 MHz with 2000 Mhz on the memory (not at home but I'm pretty sure these are what I have it set to)

EVGA. It's set at the following right now:

Core clock: 925
Shader clock: 1850
Memory clock: 2050

Still in the testing phase so I'll let you know what I end up settling at.

Edit: Just played final slingshot with 2 evie's and man were they terrible. I killed two of the brothers by myself and they didn't even have the one they'd been working on dead yet. I ended up killing all 3 of the brothers. =\

Also, just played through a match and no issues yet and temp of the card is only 37 C - so settings seem to be pretty stable.

Hi,

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed (and I'm sure it has), but I'm from France and, obviously, can't play.

Do you know if there is some kind of magic solution (I'm now trying to learn how to proxy but okay, this might be beyond my skills - I hate myself)? Did someone here outside of NA and CA managed to play easily?

Thank you, and sorry as I'm sure I'm not the first one asking this.

EDIT : nvm, found a way to play it via AOL 9.5 \o/

Lackmus

Banned
Mairu said:
Nope. Rumor is that CB starts in December or January, but that doesn't stop people from other regions from playing anyways! I've got a few people from Vietnam in my guild :p

Tell me how! :/

1/ Create an american AOL account.
2/ Download and install AOL 9.5.
3/ Configure a new broadband connection
4/ In advanced settings, put it to "Home Network".
5/ La baguette est excellente à Paris pour Vindictus.
6/ ???
7/
jprofit.gif

Guys, just for you, and even if it's 11PM here, I'm gonna toast myself half a baguette, spread strawberry jam all over it, and eat it. Just for you.

(Wow, that jam spreading part sounded wrong.)

It's hard for us to keep up with you guys :/ I'm waiting for Europeans servers but I still wanted to play and discover the game.

A shame I ruin some missions with my damn lag :/

Shito

Ha Ha Ha, here I was hoping this topic got bumped because of an annoucement of the european version, only to find you Pipo haxxoring the system and putting baguettes in them american servers.
Half a disappointment, I'd say. ^^

Shito

Too much trouble for me and this end of the year already filled with games to play: we'll see about that in a few months if the european version is still not to be seen. ^^

But don't hesitate to take screens!
Lots of them!
With a bit of luck it'll even slow down the servers a bit more.

Right, but you'll have to wait for me to get shinier, more beautiful armors :p

(And same here for the huge backlog. I don't even know where to start!)

1stStrike

Banned
See, this is why I haven't moved to Europe yet. You guys always get screwed out of game releases.

I mean, they just released pacman over there like last year right? :lol

Poyunch

I had the weirdest glitch recently. So I needed to fill some requirements out to do another mission and I went and did the solo oath for Friend or Foe. When entering the boat I noticed a lot of strange stuff. Objects were splashing in the water and bouncing on the boat.

I thought this was weird but accepted that it's another one of this games really stupid glitches. I enter the stage and items are bouncing down the stairs. I laugh because it's a pretty hilarious image and when I start attacking enemies I noticed they started falling into the floor after they died. Objects are also halfway into the floor.

Again I know this is a glitch but accept it since it's nothing gamebreaking. So everything is still glitchy and I go through the level. I go to that one part of Ainle where you go up a path and hit a switch in order to destroy the wooden doors that are blocking my path. I hope you understand what I'm saying. I hit the switch and the doors start bouncing away. It's still funny but it loses it hilarity when I noticed I can't move past where the doors were. It's as if there's still a wall in my way.

I get a bit annoyed and decided to do the mission again since it only took a few minutes to get there. I do the mission three or four more times and I still can't get passed the same point.

By now I'm pissed. I attempt it one last time and for once I see the doors actually get destroyed instead of bouncing and I finally get to go through.

It was annoying. After completing the mission the glitch seemed to go away and I couldn't replicate it.

I have some footage of the ending. I wish I had thought to record my attempts earlier but I didn't expect the glitch to keep popping up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXceXzimPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0WOjDlck24

jediyoshi

PounchEnvy said:
I hit the switch and the doors start bouncing away. It's still funny but it loses it hilarity when I noticed I can't move past where the doors were. It's as if there's still a wall in my way.

I've had this happen too. Luckily was in a party and after the host left the section restarted just fine.

Double XP bonus = woot. Get around 55k XP in Blood Prince. Finally 9 ranked Eagle Talon and Magic Arrow. Magic arrow challenge was pretty rough, had to finish The Reaper with arrows and I just soloed it since I don't like to be the guy that asks parties for favors.

N9Sbv.jpg

swU2i.jpg

Anyone know what causes that dragon to appear over Rocheste? Seems like it pops up randomly. Doesn't even usually last popping in and out of shops.

Top Bottom