• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

jediyoshi

YYZ said:
That's not a dragon, right? It's the next "town", which is actually a castle-like place.

Yes, the next town is called Rocheste and the structure itself is obviously a castle. If you look closely you can see that either the castle has wings and a tail or it's a dragon, just compare the top shot with the bottom shot. If you look at the Korean footage of the zone the creature is modeled straight into the world. It's pretty clear in game, my super sampling makes it a bit blurry is all.

mCc83.jpg

edit:

wp40_1024x768.jpg

jediyoshi said:
Just send a request with your forum handle or something. Most members are actually admins so it's no biggie joining :lol

Good luck finding someone to play with :lol

On another note, there 'Double Exp' from 9-11AM EST this weekend. Maybe now I can finally level up my Fiona to do the Blood Prince. Such a grind...

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
But how do people have Lighter Red/White Tyrant equipment?
level 36 unlocks the red tyrant battle

I'm totally bored of soloing title farming and end up with a lot of tokens left before each reset :(
If anyone wants to do anything feel free to message me in game~

Poyunch

Mairu said:
level 36 unlocks the red tyrant battle

I'm totally bored of soloing title farming and end up with a lot of tokens left before each reset :(
If anyone wants to do anything feel free to message me in game~
But don't some drops only appear in Hero Mode? Whatever I'll just see for myself when I reach that level.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
But don't some drops only appear in Hero Mode? Whatever I'll just see for myself when I reach that level.
Some stuff only appears in hero mode, but nobody's using anything right now that's an exclusive hero mode drop

I just noticed you can buy quests in the General Store. They are armor quests, and I never noticed them. I wonder if you can repeat them? I'm going to do them for the experience points. Besides, I heard new content is coming December, so it's not bad. I gotta get to level 36 first.

Mairu

Cow Mengde said:
I just noticed you can buy quests in the General Store. They are armor quests, and I never noticed them. I wonder if you can repeat them? I'm going to do them for the experience points. Besides, I heard new content is coming December, so it's not bad. I gotta get to level 36 first.
no it's just a one time thing for (almost) each set

1stStrike

Banned
I'm waiting on the next boat... I can only play the same content so much before I'm bored of it. I'll get to 36 here soon-ish and then do the red tyrant a few times and that'll be that until boat 4 comes out.

YYZ

Have you done all the skills you've wanted to do? And all the armor sets? Still lots to do imo, but I haven't played for more than a month yet.

1stStrike

Banned
YYZ said:
Have you done all the skills you've wanted to do? And all the armor sets? Still lots to do imo, but I haven't played for more than a month yet.

I've done most of them. I mean, I only have a few maxed out right now, but I'm just not all that interested in grinding skills.

canova said:
I just saw this game commercial o_O

any chance this coming to console? this game is really right up my alley

Nope... PC only.

Canova

Banned
As a console gamer, this game intrigues me more than any other PC games (outside Diable 3)

I have a few questions

1. is this game released yet in NA? or it's in beta?
2. I have no knowledge of PC gaming, but to me the combat system looks amazing. Is this the best action RPG in PC in term of combat system?
3. Why isn't this game more popular?

Poyunch

canova said:
As a console gamer, this game intrigues me more than any other PC games (outside Diable 3)

I have a few questions

2. I have no knowledge of PS gaming, but to me the combat system looks amazing. Is this the best action RPG in PC in term of combat system?
1. It's officially "released" but the game still has its problems (especially on the East Server) and there's some content not yet available for NA.
2. As a console gamer too I don't know.
3. Probably because it's not a major franchise in NA.

That looks awesome, but I'm a little confused as to what role he plays. Lann's the power house, Fiona's the defensive one, Evie's the mage, then what is Karok? He looks powerful as well as defensive?

2. I have no knowledge of PS gaming, but to me the combat system looks amazing. Is this the best action RPG in PC in term of combat system?

1. I think it's considered released in the NA. Just go to the official site and download the game.
2. I don't know. It's not really an RPG. It's closer to a brawler like TMNT than anything. Actually, the RPG elements are closer to River City Ransom. Some say Demon Souls, but never played it so no clue how that stacks up.
3. I don't know. The game seems decently popular to me. Maybe not super popular, but people are definitely talking about it.

Mairu

canova said:

I have a few questions

2. I have no knowledge of PC gaming, but to me the combat system looks amazing. Is this the best action RPG in PC in term of combat system?
1. yes, released
2. YES.
3. It's a korean free2play game and Nexon is awful

karok looks pretty crazy, considering how the game has been "balanced" so far I'm guessing he'll be pretty overpowered :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Wow, the whole grabbing bosses, catching the gnoll chief hammer, etc. is bad ass. It's nice that there's a character who can actually stand up to their attacks rather then having to flee from them.

As for the Demon's Souls comparison, it is kind of similar, but it's not as in-depth and not nearly as challenging. Demon's Souls can be almost unforgivingly difficult at times and the bosses are much more difficult then the bosses in Vindictus.

So, it's closer to a Demon's Souls Light.

Poyunch

funkmastergeneral said:
Is there a GAF server? i'm downloading the game right now.

also how enjoyable is it even if I don't do any micro transactions? am I greatly disadvantaged?
Not really. There's two servers for the East Coast and West Coast. Also the only thing that's useful to spend real money on is more inventory space and even then it's not worth it. You'll be fine.

edit: Also Youtube link for Karok.

1stStrike

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:

also how enjoyable is it even if I don't do any micro transactions? am I greatly disadvantaged?

Join West - it's the best and has the most gaffers.

Also, the microtransactions are mostly for things to change your appearance. You won't be at any disadvantage if you don't buy anything.

Mairu

funkmastergeneral said:

There are gaf members on east as well as west but tbh it doesn't really matter which one you start on as the majority of lag comes from the nexon relay servers as opposed to being located on one end or the other. I'm not sure how active the East GAF guild is but I know people have told me the West one is dead (and a bunch of them have joined my guild on West teehee)

You don't really need to purchase anything. There are crimson tokens which allow you to play the game more but they can be sold for gold on the marketplace. The only really crucial item you miss from not paying for anything is storage chests, but that's only if you're a packrat :p

Poyunch

Karok doesn't seem to have much range. Maybe that's how they'll "balance" him. I bet he'll have low stamina too. But what the hell kind of alternate weapon could Karok possibly get?

Hey sounds good guys, thanks for the quick replies.

Mairu said:
You don't really need to purchase anything. There are crimson tokens which allow you to play the game more but they can be sold for gold on the marketplace. The only really crucial item you miss from not paying for anything is storage chests, but that's only if you're a packrat :p

What do you mean by tokens that let me play the game more, am I only allowed to play a certain amount?

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
Karok doesn't seem to have much range. Maybe that's how they'll "balance" him. I bet he'll have low stamina too. But what the hell kind of alternate weapon could Karok possibly get?
Range barely even matters for most of the bosses out now. Being able to swing that giant stick around will undoubtedly be more than enough for taking out a group of minor enemies.

Probably some other sort of giant stick weapon? I'm not too excited because it'll probably be extremely long before we see it in NA anyways :|

Mairu

funkmastergeneral said:

What do you mean by tokens that let me play the game more, am I only allowed to play a certain amount?
Areas past the first area take what are called tokens. Basically past level 10, you can only do a certain amount of dungeons per day unless you pay for more tokens. It starts off at 2 tokens per area, then goes on to 3 and 4 tokens as you play more during a day. The cost resets back to 2 every day and tokens reset back to 50 total on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday.

Poyunch

funkmastergeneral said:

Tokens are used to basically play quests on higher level areas. Basically after the first area. Tokens are plentiful though as they restock Thursday, Saturday, and Monday. It's weirdly spaced out but I guess they expect people to play more on the weekend.

You only get 50 tokens per restock and you spend two to pay for the quest. Eventually you have to pay three tokens and then four after so many quests you do (but only for that day).

YYZ

So do they have a daily AP thing for each boat in Mabinogi Heroes? I think that's the biggest thing to get.

Top Bottom