• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

PounchEnvy said:
Not really. There's two servers for the East Coast and West Coast. Also the only thing that's useful to spend real money on is more inventory space and even then it's not worth it. You'll be fine.

edit: Also Youtube link for Karok.

Man, he looks so overpowered :lol

I just don't feel like starting over another character from beginning. Already did Evie as my second... having a third is too much.

Dreavus

riceandbeans said:
Man, he looks so overpowered :lol

I just don't feel like starting over another character from beginning. Already did Evie as my second... having a third is too much.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Even having a second is too much. I basically log on to my Evie to spend the AP and then switch over to my main to actually play. :lol

Karok wrestling a fucking bear is pretty awesome though.

Karok looks even slower than Fiona though. I think that'll balance him a bit.

Still, I don't like his face. He looks douchy. I was hoping for either generic rage (yes, better than douchy IMO) or gentle giant.

I don't get the whole underwear thing. Chances are, you don't want to be running around in your underwear unless you're going to just play the tutorial dungeons.

jediyoshi

Cow Mengde said:
I don't get the whole underwear thing. Chances are, you don't want to be running around in your underwear unless you're going to just play the tutorial dungeons.

It does somewhat 'help' for some outfits where the armor shows off less than the underwear. Sweetie bear for Evie for example

Would totally buy some NX right now but charging through their site or PayPal denies my account and cancels >.>

Mairu

Cow Mengde said:
you can do everything that is currently out with no armor

YYZ

I think he's right. The biggest thing about wearing armour is not the defence, but the stat bonuses.

Canova

Banned
more question, is there any PC controller I can use for this game? I haven't played PC games for ages, so would like to use controller

Canova

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
I supports controllers and also the 360 controller.

cool thanks

really tempted to get PC gaming in January just for this game. The combat mechanic looks on par to some of the best console action games

this trailler sold me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM2yfu_IqV4

Also is there a lot of content online? are new levels being added on a regular basis so players don't have to keep fighting in the same area or fight the same enemies?

sorry too many questions, it's just I'm new to PC gaming and this whole MMORPG thing

1stStrike

Banned
canova said:
cool thanks

really tempted to get PC gaming in January just for this game. The combat mechanic looks on par to some of the best console action games

this trailler sold me

Also is there a lot of content online? are new levels being added on a regular basis so players don't have to keep fighting in the same area or fight the same enemies?

sorry too many questions, it's just I'm new to PC gaming and this whole MMORPG thing

This isn't like most of the "real" MMORPG's out there. You won't find months of content and a story that'll take you a year to get through. All the content is split between boats. You can get through each boat in a couple hours or so depending on how fast you do everything. Right now there's 3 boats.

There are some quests in the town as well, various things you can do to go back to levels for and such, but right now there's no "open" territory (that's coming later along with a new town/castle). It's all instances with up to 4 players (or 6 in a raid).

Is it fun? Yes, quite. Is it going to consume all of your free gaming time? Not really. By the time you join up the game will probably have at least one more boat.

YYZ

It's a treat for those who like action games ahead of MMOs so it's your favourite thing along with progression and multiplayer. Just keep in mind that there will be lag and sometimes it affects the combat pretty badly.

Canova

Banned
1stStrike said:
This isn't like most of the "real" MMORPG's out there. You won't find months of content and a story that'll take you a year to get through. All the content is split between boats. You can get through each boat in a couple hours or so depending on how fast you do everything. Right now there's 3 boats.

There are some quests in the town as well, various things you can do to go back to levels for and such, but right now there's no "open" territory (that's coming later along with a new town/castle). It's all instances with up to 4 players (or 6 in a raid).

Is it fun? Yes, quite. Is it going to consume all of your free gaming time? Not really. By the time you join up the game will probably have at least one more boat.

thanks for the explanation

just saw dark knight, paladin transform combat o_O

*drools*

that kind of combat is what I'm gaming for, it's NG-like

1stStrike

Banned
canova said:
thanks for the explanation

just saw dark knight, paladin transform combat o_O

*drools*

that kind of combat is what I'm gaming for, it's NG-like

Yeah that's not in the game yet. We're getting content at regular intervals, though.

We'll probably get those transformations in December seeing as how they need to be at level 40 to get them. The current cap is level 38.

Canova

Banned
1stStrike said:
Yeah that's not in the game yet. We're getting content at regular intervals, though.

I see.

the videos I saw must be from the Korean version then

at least I'm not too late in the game.

I seem to be the only one who's maxed Fiona's Ivy Sweep rank. I really love the extra spin kick added to the end. It clears crowds well enough and is a double sweep attack if you include the sword slash just before the kick.

The M.O.B

Cow Mengde said:
I seem to be the only one who's maxed Fiona's Ivy Sweep rank. I really love the extra spin kick added to the end. It clears crowds well enough and is a double sweep attack if you include the sword slash just before the kick.

Pshhh, thats because everybody knows the Hammer is the only weapon that matters. :D

I don't like the speed of the hammers. I might use it to earn titles if there are ones with good stats, but I'm sticking with swords. I like countering (not sure if that's in Hammer).

Mairu

Cow Mengde said:
I don't like the speed of the hammers. I might use it to earn titles if there are ones with good stats, but I'm sticking with swords. I like countering (not sure if that's in Hammer).
counter is a shield ability not a sword or hammer ability

canova said:
cool thanks

this trailler sold me

Best console action games? Yeah, would not go that far.There's a one or two neat combos here and there with Fiona and Evie, but it's nothing deep or amazing. It's good, just don't set your expectations too high else you're gonna end up dissapointed. Trailers can be very deceiving.

Canova

Banned
riceandbeans said:
Best console action games? Yeah, would not go that far.There's a one or two neat combos here and there with Fiona and Evie, but it's nothing deep or amazing. It's good, just don't set your expectations too high else you're gonna end up dissapointed. Trailers can be very deceiving.

yeah I know.

I can't stand it any longer, I'm downloading the client as we speak on my work laptop. that should take me at least to the character creation screens, right? :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Cow Mengde said:
Swords aren't that much faster with Fiona, and you still can use your shield with a hammer.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cow Mengde said:
See I thought this.

Then I realized all the smash attacks hammer has is better and it does like 50% more damage and crits everywhere. Larger AoE and damage on everything. No point to use swords now imo. Main thing is you don't have to combo to 5 every time you want a worthwhile smash attack.

That Tieve's Surprise box sucks. Spent 990NX, got one Goddesse Grace out of it. You probably have to buy 20 just to get one of the shades or bunny ear bows.

YYZ

riceandbeans said:
That Tieve's Surprise box sucks. Spent 990NX, got one Goddesse Grace out of it. You probably have to buy 20 just to get one of the shades or bunny ear bows.
Just according to keikaku.

Canova

Banned
I downloaded the game last night and it ran in a slow-motion 10 fps on my work laptop :(

Hopefully there'll be inventory clearance sale in January for gaming laptop

Top Bottom