• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

YYZ

You have to get hammer mastery rank C first and then learn Stigma Hammer skill. You don't really need it right away, but it's nice to have. 99% of the time it seems that not charging it is best.

Poyunch

The Red Tyrant is such an asshole. I usually suspect that bosses go for players that use items and The Red Tyrant at least seems to do this. At least it makes players more chummy when everyone's dying side-by-side. :lol

An awesome moment I had was running to the campfire repair my armor which resulted in the Tyrant running across the screen at me. I was saying "ffffuuuuuuck" at the screen because I knew I was going to die right now but instead of a normal attack it decided just to roar right at me. :lol

Canova

Banned
I'm really digging the spear moveset, so looks like I'm gonna start with Lann.

too bad you can't master more than one weapon per character

Poyunch

It's just easier to focus on one weapon since certain skills are weapon-exclusive so it takes more work to level the skills. If you want to you can go ahead and use both weapons.

Canova

Banned
Mairu said:
yes you can

PounchEnvy said:
It's just easier to focus on one weapon since certain skills are weapon-exclusive so it takes more work to level the skills. If you want to you can go ahead and use both weapons.

oh you can? so eventually, when my level high enough, I can master swords and spears? awesome.

also if I choose Lann, can I use a death-scythe?

Poyunch

It's not necessarily about level (although some skills won't let you advance until you reach a certain level) but something called AP. Action Points I think. You earn AP after most quests. Usually ones that you don't gain AP from are quests that are so below you that there's no real reason for you to be playing it.

You spend AP to level your skills. You can reach the highest level cap and still have all your skills be at the lowest they can be.

And weapons are character exclusive. Each character is more of a class than just an avatar that you play as. Lann's the only one who can use twin swords and twin spears. Fiona's the only one who can use the Sword/Shield and Hammer/Shield combo. Evie's the only one who can use the Staff and Scythe.

Canova

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
It's not necessarily about level (although some skills won't let you advance until you reach a certain level) but something called AP. Action Points I think. You earn AP after most quests. Usually ones that you don't gain AP from are quests that are so below you that there's no real reason for you to be playing it.

You spend AP to level your skills. You can reach the highest level cap and still have all your skills be at the lowest they can be.

And weapons are character exclusive. Each character is more of a class than just an avatar that you play as. Lann's the only one who can use twin swords and twin spears. Fiona's the only one who can use the Sword/Shield and Hammer/Shield combo. Evie's the only one who can use the Staff and Scythe.

I see, thanks for the explanation.

Anony

looks awesome

i'm tired of grinding for silver to get the entire prince set
and i'm level 33, and i completed everything minus the fishing, so it's getting boring
and getting AP is so slow

Mairu

Glad there's 2 areas in the next update (or is it one area with 2 different maps? donno)

Disappointed the level cap is only 44, but hopefully this means the top level content won't be so easy at the highest level available.

Poyunch

Mairu said:
Glad there's 2 areas in the next update (or is it one area with 2 different maps? donno)

Disappointed the level cap is only 44, but hopefully this means the top level content won't be so easy at the highest level available.
Looks like one of the areas is a slightly different Perilous Ruins.

Omnicent

I'm interested in the new (Spear, until I see an image of a sword lann using it anyways) Lann ability Berserk. I think it may be a buff and not a smash as the two images on the main site show the spear lann using what looks to be Sudden Blast (LLR) and Moon Splitter (LLLR).

Spears already gets mad crit rate and damage boost from Fury Infusion, so I would love if this ability added to spear lanns survivabilty (though it will probably add even more damage and crit which I guess will even out with swords slip dash at higher ranks)

The M.O.B

New boat Nice :D

I stopped at lvl 34 after completing the Blood Prince Set, didnt feel like grinding to get to the Red Tyrant.

Looks like I'll be getting back into this come Dec 1st.

Just grabbed a third storage chest and it feels so GOOD :lol

Now I don't have to think about selling off any armor. 13,000NX which wasn't too bad considering they threw in some Goddess Graces and a hair coupon.

Poyunch

So what I'm wondering is if I should forge the Heavier Red Tyrant armor for Lann. Is it worth it? Right now I'm making the Lighter set for Evie.

Poyunch

Looking at the stats, Blood Prince has more buffs but the Tyrant Set is better in the stats they share. For now I won't do it. I'm fine with Blood Prince but since all I'm doing is grinding on the Red Tyrant if I have enough mats to make a Heavy set I'll do it.

Omnicent

PounchEnvy said:
So what I'm wondering is if I should forge the Heavier Red Tyrant armor for Lann. Is it worth it? Right now I'm making the Lighter set for Evie.

It depends. Are you a spear or sword lann?
The reason Spear Lanns use Blood Prince is because:
1. All spear smashes are affected by Agility (Heavy Red Tyrant has 0 Agility on it)
2. Blood Prince Set gives more Strength and some Will (less will than Heavy Red Tyrant)

You could argue that Red Tyrant has 108 more will which increases both crit rate and crit damage (and allows more use of Gliding Fury and later Lighting Fury).

Now I'm not going to run numbers right now (have other things to do), but looking at the formulas the 108 wil difference should not make up for the loss of 48STR and 159AGI
(FYI 159 AGI is about a 3.975% damage increase for all spear smashes).

108 Wil is a 1.62% increase to critical damage(not taking into acount crit rate). This is subject to your critical rate, so the lower your crit rate the less effective Wil is for crit damage (though it is not as bad as Wil increases the crit rate).

Maybe if I have time I can do a serious armor comparison, but that won't be for another 3-4 weeks.

If you are using swords Agility is still important. You do not have Fury Infusion, so getting stamina back quickly is important (agility increases stamina regeneration).
Now how much of an effect agility has on stamina regeneration I do not know.

Agility also affects the damage on Gliding Fury (and Lighting Fury).

In this case I'd still wear Blood Prince as the crit rate and crit damge from the 108 Wil (Red Tyrant) is smaller than on spear lann (high crit rate which allows for more crits and therefore get more out of the crit damage from the Wil).

Truthfully it comes down (for swords) how much the STR increases your smash damage and how much Agility increases stamina regeneration. In my opinion I would wear Blood Prince no matter if you are spear or swords, but thats just me.

Until I can run some numbers on the formula to see how things compare (Wil is % based while STR is linear which means that the more Wil the stronger it becomes. For those that play FFXI think Haste. Its the reason crit rate was nerfed in Korean Mabinogi Hero's) take this all with a grain of salt.

Oh and:
http://www.vindictushq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1839
for the damage percentiles and formula.

Mairu

I would probably wear Red Tyrant as swords but Red Tyrant looks terrible so I would likely just wear Blood Prince anyways :p

I may be wrong but I also remember reading that crit damage was nerfed in the KR version at some point so that may lead to differing formulas/numbers than what was posted above

Omnicent

I believe these values were before the boat 7 in Mabinogi(where they nerfed crit rate from Wil) but I can check.

Ok the forumlas came out 6-4-2010 and boat 7 came out recently (some time after june i know that much) which means these are from the version before the nerf, so it should apply to the current version of vindictus.

Mairu

Omnicent said:
I believe these values were before the boat 7 in Mabinogi(where they nerfed crit rate from Wil) but I can check.
At this point in the game the content is such a joke that I don't really care that much about maximizing my damage potential as much as I usually would. I hope future content becomes much more challenging.

Omnicent

Oh I hope content does get more challenging as well, I just like to min/max in everything and if people ask questions on what armor to wear I like to be able to give accurate replies. That and I'm bored working on this assignment.

Mairu

Omnicent said:
Oh I hope content does get more challenging as well, I just like to min/max in everything and if people ask questions on what armor to wear I like to be able to give accurate replies. That and I'm bored working on this assignment.
You should be doing more title runs with me :lol

Omnicent

Omnicent

TheExodu5 said:
Yeah I stopped playing because the game is so easy. The Chieftain gave me hope this would be like Monster Hunter. I was wrong.

Blood Lord man. From what I understand in Mabinogi it is still considered the hardest Raid Boss relative to the content it was introduced in. Something to look foward too (I have been taking notes on that spear lann solo vid in prep).

Anony

riceandbeans said:

Now I don't have to think about selling off any armor. 13,000NX which wasn't too bad considering they threw in some Goddess Graces and a hair coupon.
how much is that in real money

Deadly

riceandbeans said:

I'm halfway there. Getting NX the free way :lol These surveys suck so bad

Deadly said:
I'm halfway there. Getting NX the free way :lol These surveys suck so bad

That's how I did it. The surveys suck majorly. Don't bother. Best thing to do is focus on the newsletters and things that require you to only register. You can trick out your character pretty well when you learn it.

201011210005.jpg

Canova

Banned
riceandbeans said:
That's how I did it. The surveys suck majorly. Don't bother. Best thing to do is focus on the newsletters and things that require you to only register. You can trick out your character pretty well when you learn it.

201011210005.jpg

well hello thar :D

who's she?

so how much are the accesories in this game? weapons/armors, etc?

if I don't like grinding, can I just buy the unique weapon/cool armor with real money?

Deadly

riceandbeans said:
Those only tend to give like 50 though. How'd you manage to get so much!? Unless it took you ages to have what you have now..

Deadly said:
Those only tend to give like 50 though. How'd you manage to get so much!? Unless it took you ages to have what you have now..

Spent over 20,000NX in one month. Funny shit, I just got banned from the offer wall :lol

Ah well, I got my extra chest and some character makeup and decals out of it so fuck it.

Deadly

riceandbeans said:
Spent over 20,000NX in one month. Funny shit, I just got banned from the offer wall :lol

Ah well, I got my extra chest and some character makeup and decals out of it so fuck it.
Ah 1 month makes sense then, I got my 6000~ over two days:lol

Mairu

If you go to http://billing.nexon.net and hit CHARGE NX there's a link to free NX or something similar. Keep in mind though, a majority of the surveys don't quite work and you'll end up wasting time for no NX. I did end up signing up for the free netflix trial, that was an easy 9k NX :D

YYZ

Netflix one was the only one that worked for me. Then I added $5 of my own and got a chest.

Think about it this way. How much time and energy do you need to put in to get 10K Nexon points, which is $10. Now think about how long it takes you to make $10 in real life. For some of you, it could be an hour and for others it could be far shorter and you'd be doing something that is hopefully not nearly as frustrating and probably actually enjoyable. Doing the surveys is like more grinding outside the game.

Jerk

Banned
Anyone know which port this game uses?

For some reason I cannot seem to connect to the server after I log into the client.

Mairu

YYZ said:
Netflix one was the only one that worked for me. Then I added $5 of my own and got a chest.

Think about it this way. How much time and energy do you need to put in to get 10K Nexon points, which is $10. Now think about how long it takes you to make $10 in real life. For some of you, it could be an hour and for others it could be far shorter and you'd be doing something that is hopefully not nearly as frustrating and probably actually enjoyable. Doing the surveys is like more grinding outside the game.
Completely agree

I did a few of those surveys when OB started, and a tiny fraction of them actually ended up giving me NX. But most of them didn't, and it was usually a massive waste of time

Top Bottom