• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

YYZ said:
Netflix one was the only one that worked for me. Then I added $5 of my own and got a chest.

Think about it this way. How much time and energy do you need to put in to get 10K Nexon points, which is $10. Now think about how long it takes you to make $10 in real life. For some of you, it could be an hour and for others it could be far shorter and you'd be doing something that is hopefully not nearly as frustrating and probably actually enjoyable. Doing the surveys is like more grinding outside the game.

I'm not spending $10 of my money to rent virtual hair for 30 days, give my character underwear, or some make up but I'll certainly make some time aside in my evening to do some surveys.

It takes a half hour to make about 1,000NX when you know which surveys to do. Now if you enjoy the game enough and want to spend the cash, then that's good for you, but the surveys are a perfectly fine alternative for NX.

Mairu

riceandbeans said:
I'm not spending $10 of my money to rent virtual hair for 30 days, give my character underwear, or some make up but I'll certainly make some time aside in my evening to do some surveys.

It takes a half hour to make about 1,000NX when you know which surveys to do. Now if you enjoy the game enough and want to spend the cash, then that's good for you, but the surveys are a perfectly fine alternative for NX.
If you happen to have an idea or some sort of database of which surveys actually give NX, feel free to share :lol

Deadly

riceandbeans said:

While I agree that making 10$ in real life would actually be much easier, just because the stuff (except the storage chest) isn't permanent I'd rather do the surveys. Exactly why isn't it permanent?

Deadly said:
While I agree that making 10$ in real life would actually be much easier, just because the stuff (except the storage chest) isn't permanent I'd rather do the surveys. Exactly why isn't it permanent?

Because it keeps people buying. There are permanent items. Lesser things like make up and face decals can be permanent but popular items like hair and underwear, which people need to make armor like Sweety Bear look right, are the type they want to keep people buying and it's why I'd never support a game like this with real money. Either it's permanent or no buy.

Poyunch

riceandbeans said:
Because it keeps people buying. There are permanent items. Lesser things like make up and face decals can be permanent but popular items like hair and underwear, which people need to make armor like Sweety Bear look right, are the type they want to keep people buying and it's why I'd never support a game like this with real money. Either it's permanent or no buy.
This is exactly how I feel.

Cow Mengde said:
The extra storage box is permanent right?
Yup.

Sectus

Well, I think I've found my solution to the whole 30 day underwear problem. Nude mod!
2010_11_22_0009.jpg

I suppose I'll just buy 1 or 2 storage expansions and pretend that's payment for my permanent underwear solution.

Erasus said:
Jesus Christ nexon not even an announcement about OB date for EU version....
Yeah, a bit ridiculous we're not hearing a single thing. I'm worried it'll take some months before any beta starts

Whenever Vindictus is launched in Europe, I really really really hope it won't lag far behind in content. I wanna create an Evie character from the get go.

Sectus said:
Well, I think I've found my solution to the whole 30 day underwear problem. Nude mod!
2010_11_22_0009.jpg

I suppose I'll just buy 1 or 2 storage expansions and pretend that's payment for my permanent underwear solution.

Yeah, a bit ridiculous we're not hearing a single thing. I'm worried it'll take some months before any beta starts

Whenever Vindictus is launched in Europe, I really really really hope it won't lag far behind in content. I wanna create an Evie character from the get go.

So you managed to make the underwear permanent? From what I read, you still need to have the inner bone armor and it works both ways for Fiona and Evie since they're shared. Whether or not you still need to buy it is another story unless you can hack and inject it over the default inner armor. The nude mod does make a lot of costumes look a better.

Then again, I'm not sure if I should keep this post since a GAF member here got a job offer from Nexon....

Sectus

riceandbeans said:
Then again, I'm not sure if I should keep this post since a GAF member here got a job offer from Nexon....
I didn't look closely on how the nude mod works, but I haven't bought any underwear and it still works on my Evie character.

Nexon reads this forum? *runs away screaming*

YYZ

Are there any client-side mods for hair and stuff like that? After all, the avatar shop stuff is mostly for yourself anyway. I hadn't even thought about that as a solution.

Sectus said:
I didn't look closely on how the nude mod works, but I haven't bought any underwear and it still works on my Evie character.

Nexon reads this forum? *runs away screaming*

Busted!

You'll probably end up having to buy underwear again when they update now that they know a mod is out.

Sectus

Cow Mengde said:
Busted!

You'll probably end up having to buy underwear again when they update now that they know a mod is out.
Noooooooooooooooo :C

I mean, I never talked about any nude mod! It was all a photoshop :C

Deadly

Whoa did you manually mod this or is it publicly released? My friend opened some files since he knows alot about the source engine but he said everything was in korean :lol

Maybe Sectus or whoever modded it speaks Korean.

Anyway, has anyone ever caught the river monster thing? What is it? Fishing is really boring and lame.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cow Mengde said:

Anyway, has anyone ever caught the river monster thing? What is it? Fishing is really boring and lame.
It's super easy and appears like 50% of the time. Just a big fish.
You can also buy it for like 20k.

Cow Mengde said:

I just bought it. Can't stand the fishing in this game and don't want to bother wasting NX on a fishing rod. That 50 Fish quest should give a lot more experience than it already does to put up with that crap :lol

Dreavus

YYZ said:
Are there any client-side mods for hair and stuff like that? After all, the avatar shop stuff is mostly for yourself anyway. I hadn't even thought about that as a solution.

I thought it was the opposite; people buy that stuff so that they look cool in comparison to everyone else? Although I guess it depends where your priorities lie.

Sectus

Cow Mengde said:
Busted!

Darnit! I blame this all on you! *bite bite bite*

Apparently the Korean version was patched today so any character mods will stop working. That certainly didn't take long at all.

Just brought the storage chest pack. Its a ticket that lets you permanently unlock one of the darken chest icon under your regular 2 chest. I didn't know and I used my ticket on Chest 3. Now its looks awkward.

lOEN7.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sectus said:

Apparently the Korean version was patched today so any character mods will stop working. That certainly didn't take long at all.
Eng version is fine then. Spread the love.

jediyoshi

1stStrike said:
Woo, finally hit lvl 36. Now I get to try out the red tyrant.

Just hit 36 as well on my Evie. Really bummed after realizing Blood Silk is a lower level armor set, was holding onto the available pieces until they released the rest of it in the next update

icUDtc.jpg

1stStrike said:
Story of my life. :lol

It's the one that got away. I swear it was HUGE!

That was fast. If it messes with Nexon's bottom line, I think they'll patch it very quickly even with the English version.

I have enough trouble trying to type and fight at the same time. I don't see how you can fight with only one hand.

YYZ

I am tempted to buy another hairstyle and one of the permanent faces for Fiona. God help me. If there's permanent face then there should be permanent hair, maybe $5. They'll probably make more anyway because people may want to change hair even after two months.

Sectus

Cow Mengde said:
That was fast. If it messes with Nexon's bottom line, I think they'll patch it very quickly even with the English version.

I have enough trouble trying to type and fight at the same time. I don't see how you can fight with only one hand.
I learned that the game automatically takes a screenshot of your character whenever you go on a mission and uploads that to the website. It's very tightly integrated with the Korean Vindictus website. I imagine that's a big reason why they tried to shut it down so quickly. They'd probably get into trouble if there were boobs visible all over their website.

YYZ said:
I am tempted to buy another hairstyle and one of the permanent faces for Fiona. God help me. If there's permanent face then there should be permanent hair, maybe $5. They'll probably make more anyway because people may want to change hair even after two months.
There should be permanent underwear too. Then I'd have much less reason to use mods to get around that.

Sectus said:
I learned that the game automatically takes a screenshot of your character whenever you go on a mission and uploads that to the website. It's very tightly integrated with the Korean Vindictus website. I imagine that's a big reason why they tried to shut it down so quickly. They'd probably get into trouble if there were boobs visible all over their website.

So if people are walking about butt naked, Nexon can ban your account, huh? Also, do they do this with the American version? While I have no problem with it, wouldn't it cause lag issues? They just take one screen and upload it to the site, right?

Sectus said:

There should be permanent underwear too. Then I'd have much less reason to use mods to get around that.

Yeah, but is it taking a picture from their server using their own assets because the nude mod is only viewable by you since the modified files are on your side only and no one else would be able to see.

Sectus

Cow Mengde said:
So if people are walking about butt naked, Nexon can ban your account, huh? Also, do they do this with the American version? While I have no problem with it, wouldn't it cause lag issues? They just take one screen and upload it to the site, right?
It's only one single screenshot at the boat, so it definitely shouldn't cause any lag. And yeah, they also do this with the NA version, but I don't think the screenshot is used anywhere automatically. If you go to account management on the vindictus site, you can see your most recent screenshot.

riceandbeans said:
Yeah, but is it taking a picture from their server using their own assets because the nude mod is only viewable by you since the modified files are on your side only and no one else would be able to see.
That's a very long sentence, and the screenshot taken is from your own client, so any graphical settings or mods applied will be shown in the screenshot.

YYZ said:
So is there a hair mod or just these nude mods? I don't even know where to look.
Only the nude mod as far as I know.

Sectus said:
It's only one single screenshot at the boat, so it definitely shouldn't cause any lag. And yeah, they also do this with the NA version, but I don't think the screenshot is used anywhere automatically. If you go to account management on the vindictus site, you can see your most recent screenshot.

That's cool. Wait, is it viewable to everyone or am I the only one who can see all the characters with my account? The reason I ask is I just unfriended this jackass this morning cause he was being a dick in the game. I don't want him to know all my characters.

Cow Mengde said:
That's cool. Wait, is it viewable to everyone or am I the only one who can see all the characters with my account? The reason I ask is I just unfriended this jackass this morning cause he was being a dick in the game. I don't want him to know all my characters.

If it's just under account management and not used anywhere else I don't think anyone can view your screens.

In any case, totally hyped for the new content. The only quests I haven't finished on my character(s) as of right now are probably those ridiculous fishing ones. That, and blood silk I suppose.

Sectus

Cow Mengde said:
Only you can view them. If you want, I think you could easily use the links from that page as a forum signature or something too.

Hmmm, doesn't look like they take pictures very often. Some of the stuff is really out dated. That said, I'm glad I'm not using any mods or I'd get my account banned. That's actually a really smart way to see who cheating with these mods though. Gotta hand it to Nexon there. Hopefully no one uses it to cheat to fuck up the game.

Deadly said:
Considering the underwear and stuff actually give bonus stats wouldn't being naked a disadvantage?

Depends on the boss. I've taken down the Polar Bear in my underpants without taking a single hit. That said, I like to be better safe than sorry so I always wear my armor with some trickier bosses.

The picture taking doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but if the mods were really blocked from the Korean version, then they might consider making annual anti-mod patches. Underground modding ftw.

Just started on the West server, surprised how much different this game is compared to other MMO's. Is the game mostly just clicking on the left mouse button or do you evenetually get skills as well for your classes?

1stStrike

Banned
Mr_Guillotine said:
Just started on the West server, surprised how much different this game is compared to other MMO's. Is the game mostly just clicking on the left mouse button or do you evenetually get skills as well for your classes?

You can switch to keyboard mode as well if you want a more "advanced" control system.

Mairu

riceandbeans said:
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=00AEs

New update says they're giving out 3 free Goddess Graces a day till the 30th. Anyone have any clue how to get them yet? Went on today, but saw no real info.

Also if you spend 20,000NX you get 5,000 back. Decent deal if you've got the NX to spend.
There is a free 3 goddess grace purchase in the Supply Depot, but it seems bugged in that if you don't have over 0 NX you can't buy it anyways (even though it costs 0 NX)

They gave out 10 free Goddess Grace today when Fergus was announced as the winner of the election. You had to be playing the game at that very specific time when it was announced though, and only to the character you're using then.

Top Bottom