• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

ACE 1991

Cow Mengde said:
Define not so hot.

If you have a dual core PC, it should be able to run the game.

It's a laptop actually, didn't mean to say PC. I'm rocking an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz, 4.00 GB of ram, and an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
Is anyone having trouble connecting to the server? I can't seem to connect.
Server has been fucked all day. Not even going to bother, I doubt they'll do any sort of maintenance considering the holiday

Server has been fucked all day. Not even going to bother, I doubt they'll do any sort of maintenance considering the holiday

No problem here. I'm actually on a boat waiting for people as I type this message. I had a really smooth day today. Lots of great connection.

Poyunch

Yeah it's weird, response times and the servers are screwed up today yet I've had the best connections I've ever had since the closed beta. :lol

Damn it Nexon.

YYZ

I've been able to host 2 others with more than half-full bars when before, on a 4-man, it would be pretty much unplayable for them, yet there's still some strange lag when picking up items and stage-clearing sections.

Mairu said:
I haven't been able to get free goddess graces since that patch went up and I got my first "day" of free graces

Same here. Wasn't aware of a patch. I remember seeing a post about scheduled maintenance today but its not on the homepage anymore. It mentioned something about a glitch with the item giveaway.

On another note, just fucking spent over 8K NX trying to get those sunglasses and a got bunch of shitty stamina potions. FUCK!

I will get those sunglasses.

Mairu

riceandbeans said:
Same here. Wasn't aware of a patch. I remember seeing a post about scheduled maintenance today but its not on the homepage anymore. It mentioned something about a glitch with the item giveaway.

On another note, just fucking spent over 8K NX trying to get those sunglasses and a got bunch of shitty stamina potions. FUCK!

I will get those sunglasses.
I just ended up buying them for 1 mil on the market

I've seen them as low as 850k since then

YYZ

What's your method of making gold again? You're probably one of the richest that doesn't spend gobs on NX.

Mairu

YYZ said:
What's your method of making gold again? You're probably one of the richest that doesn't spend gobs on NX.
I play the game a lot

I made a good amount farming the title for Prepare for Counterattack. It was like 22-26k a run considering how easy the high gold bonus BPs are

1stStrike

Banned
Making gold doesn't really seem all that hard so long as you're not blowing it on dumb shit. I spent 800k or so of my money before and was down to about 1.1 mill - and from normal playing and not buying anything other then like spears and armor repairs I'm back up to 1.9 mill - and I don't play much at all.

Also, "Response from server delayed". It's all kinds of lagged tonight.

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Making gold doesn't really seem all that hard so long as you're not blowing it on dumb shit. I spent 800k or so of my money before and was down to about 1.1 mill - and from normal playing and not buying anything other then like spears and armor repairs I'm back up to 1.9 mill - and I don't play much at all.

Also, "Response from server delayed". It's all kinds of lagged tonight.
Yeah I can't consistently make boats at all today and items/starting/completing has been completely delayed/lagged

Mairu

Looks like they recognize the issue
Mercenaries
We will be performing a maintenance on all game server on November 26. During this period, Vindictus will be unavailable. Game maintenance will last approximately 5 hours 30 minutes for WEST, 1 hour for EAST server. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.

-Time-
WEST
Pacific: 12:00 AM - 5:30 AM, Thursday, November 26, 2010

EAST
Eastern: 3:00 AM - 4:00 AM, Thursday, November 26, 2010

-Fixes-
WEST server stability issue will be improved.
Daily item giveaway system will be fixed.

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
Yeah I can't consistently make boats at all today and items/starting/completing has been completely delayed/lagged

Yeah, I did the 50 AP daily and then gave up when it crashed with me trying to get into boat 2.

I'm really looking forward to boat 4 - I'm changing to a new job on the 9th of December and I'll have 3 days off between jobs, so that's 3 days of gaaaaming.

Though, I just bought AC: Brotherhood off Amazon for the $39.99 deal (+free 2 day prime shipping) so I'll probably end up playing that instead...

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Yeah, I did the 50 AP daily and then gave up when it crashed with me trying to get into boat 2.

I'm really looking forward to boat 4 - I'm changing to a new job on the 9th of December and I'll have 3 days off between jobs, so that's 3 days of gaaaaming.

Though, I just bought AC: Brotherhood off Amazon for the $39.99 deal (+free 2 day prime shipping) so I'll probably end up playing that instead...
I was going to get that, but I don't know anyone who actually got it so no one to play the online with :(

Mairu

canova said:
Can one account have multiple characters? like I want to have Sword-Lann, Spear-Lann, and Evie
You can make 4 characters on one account (and accounts are free so you can just make more accounts anyways)

Poyunch

Besides having a bit more inventory regulation I really don't see the need to have two separate Lanns since you can switch between weapons.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
Besides having a bit more inventory regulation I really don't see the need to have two separate Lanns since you can switch between weapons.
I have like 25K AP on Lann so if you're thinking about making two separate characters for two separate builds (like Sword/Hammer Fiona, Staff/Scythe Evie, or Sword/Spear Lann) its probably just better to play the one character twice as much or less considering the overlapping skills that both benefit from

Canova

Banned
PounchEnvy said:

oh I didnt know that you can switch weapons. I thought once you chose sword or spear, you're basically stuck with one weapon.

cool then. Lann basically has all the cool moves, I love it

Poyunch

Mairu said:
I have like 25K AP on Lann so if you're thinking about making two separate characters for two separate builds (like Sword/Hammer Fiona, Staff/Scythe Evie, or Sword/Spear Lann) its probably just better to play the one character twice as much or less considering the overlapping skills that both benefit from
The only thing I could see being an issue is if you want a separate character for Paladin/Dark Knight stuff. But that's not something to worry about right now.

YYZ said:

Go to the Frost Stones mission and hope you end up with some Silver or Ice Crystals. Then make people pay out of their ass for it.

Cow Mengde said:
Go to the Frost Stones mission and hope you end up with some Silver or Ice Crystals. Then make people pay out of their ass for it.

Is there any use for Silver ores? I've got a few I've been holding onto waiting for something to come up with em.

riceandbeans said:
Is there any use for Silver ores? I've got a few I've been holding onto waiting for something to come up with em.

Yeah, you need them for some powerful stuff. People will pay a lot for it. Do it after you got your gear.

Sectus

Let's play a game! Post a screenshot of your character, and the person with the prettiest character wins!

Vindictus.jpg

Vindictus-2.jpg

Okay, I win!

And thank god I bought some storage expansions. Now I can actually keep all my outfits instead of being all sad I have to sell them on the auction house to save space.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sectus said:
Let's play a game! Post a screenshot of your character, and the person with the prettiest character wins!

Don't hate.

ldYbP.png

With my John when I was first starting out and needed money. Some jealous plastic looking skank made her way into the photo.

mnfZq.jpg

Little Ho Peep!

VYJJy.jpg

LOL, I just derailed the Dragon Age 2 thread into Vindictus talk. :lol I only posted some pictures cause I thought DA2 looks like an uglier and shitter Vindictus. Now it's dominated by Vindictus talk.

ezekial45 said:
I've barely heard anything about this game. A gif in the Dragon Age 2 thread peaked my interest.

Is this game a grind fest?

Honestly, yes. And a button masher.

But you get a nice amount of gear along the way and taking down bosses is fun with a party.

ezekial45 said:
I've barely heard anything about this game. A gif in the Dragon Age 2 thread peaked my interest.

There's is grind, but hardly what I'd call a grind fest. Even River City Ransom had some element of grind to it when you want enough money to buy skill books and food. I went from level 1 to level 25 in just 3 days. I didn't play 24 hours either, just 2 or 3 hours a day to get there.

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, it looks pretty interesting. Though the fact there are only two characters/classes is a little off putting.

Then again, it is free. :lol

Canova

Banned
Any of guys play with PS3/360 controller?

because according to this 360 button mapping, there's no button to map for SP attacks? (like Lann's Fury 7) is that true?

360 Layout:
• Y – Strong attack (D)
• X – Light Attack (S)
• A – Guard/Dodge (A)
• B – Loot/ES Move (W)
• LT Trigger – Secondary Weapon (Shift)
• Left Analog – Character Movement (WSAD/Arrows)
• Right Analog – Camera Movement (Q)
• Left Directional – HP Potions (1)
• Up Directional – Feathers (2)
• Right Directional – Slot 3 (3)
• Bottom Directional – Slot 4 (4)

ezekial45 said:
Yeah, it looks pretty interesting. Though the fact there are only two characters/classes is a little off putting.

there are 4 characters

Poyunch

ezekial45 said:

There are three available characters in the NA release. Each character has two different ways to play. So you sort of have six classes.

Sectus

xelios said:
Don't hate.

ldYbP.png
I approve of all the pink in this picture!

Cow Mengde said:
LOL, I just derailed the Dragon Age 2 thread into Vindictus talk. :lol I only posted some pictures cause I thought DA2 looks like an uglier and shitter Vindictus. Now it's dominated by Vindictus talk.
Eeeeexcellent. Now my young padawan, proceed to do the same in the Gran Turismo 5 thread, and you shall earn the right to rule the universe.

ezekial45 said:

Depends on what you compare it with. Compared to other MMOs, this isn't nearly as grindy. Compared to normal console/PC action RPGs, then it is more grindy. Basically, there's 3 things can be feel grindy in the game:
-Some missions require you to have X score in a previous mission in order to do it.
-Some of the level designs repeat throughout missions, which may make you feel like you're doing stuff over again.
-For some quests and mostly for crafting, you'll need to get items or materials from specific missions, so that's another reason to re-do those. Alternatively, you can just buy those items from the auction house.

But if you're coming from a MMO standpoint, you've got nothing to worry about. Even though this is from Korea, it isn't even 1% of how much of a grind fest something like Lineage is.

Top Bottom