• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Canova

Banned
canova said:
Any of guys play with PS3/360 controller?

because according to this 360 button mapping, there's no button to map for SP attacks? (like Lann's Fury 7) is that true?

360 Layout:
• Y – Strong attack (D)
• X – Light Attack (S)
• A – Guard/Dodge (A)
• B – Loot/ES Move (W)
• LT Trigger – Secondary Weapon (Shift)
• Left Analog – Character Movement (WSAD/Arrows)
• Right Analog – Camera Movement (Q)
• Left Directional – HP Potions (1)
• Up Directional – Feathers (2)
• Right Directional – Slot 3 (3)
• Bottom Directional – Slot 4 (4)

quoted for the new page, can anyone using the PS3/360 controller answer this please?

Poyunch

More random pics!
9yxEQ.jpg

KwwfL.jpg

T6QeB.jpg

ZG9hv.jpg

and my favorite
IS9PB.jpg

Sectus

canova said:
quoted for the new page, can anyone using the PS3/360 controller answer this please?
You can fully customize the controls, so if there's a missing function just map it to any button.

Right now I'm using this with a PS2 controller:
Left analog: Move
Right analog: Camera
X: Attack
Square: Smash
Circle: Evade
Triangle: Grab
L1: Kick
L2: Run
R1: Spell #1
R2: Spell #2
d-pad: Nothing! (when thinking about it, this is probably a good place for random spells and rare actions)
Click in left analog: Zoom
Cilck in right analog: Special weapon (spear, etc)
Select: Potion
Start: Highlight items

Canova

Banned
Sectus said:
You can fully customize the controls, so if there's a missing function just map it to any button.

Right now I'm using this with a PS2 controller:
Left analog: Move
Right analog: Camera
X: Attack
Square: Smash
Circle: Evade
Triangle: Grab
L1: Kick
L2: Run
R1: Spell #1
R2: Spell #2
d-pad: Nothing! (when thinking about it, this is probably a good place for random spells and rare actions)
Click in left analog: Zoom
Cilck in right analog: Special weapon (spear, etc)
Select: Potion
Start: Highlight items

cool thanks.

what app did you install to be able to use PS2/PS3 controllr? also does the controller vibrate when you do heavy attacks and such?

Sectus

canova said:
cool thanks.

what app did you install to be able to use PS2/PS3 controllr? also does the controller vibrate when you do heavy attacks and such?
No controller vibration. I've never been able to get that with my PS2 controller. I'm using a super old PS2->USB adapter for my PS2 pad and the drivers which came with it. Been using that as my primary PC gamepad controller since 2004. I dunno how to configure a PS3 controller for PC, but it is possible somehow.

Canova

Banned
Sectus said:
No controller vibration. I've never been able to get that with my PS2 controller. I'm using a super old PS2->USB adapter for my PS2 pad and the drivers which came with it. Been using that as my primary PC gamepad controller since 2004. I dunno how to configure a PS3 controller for PC, but it is possible somehow.

ok thanks

Deadly

Only ~1900 more NX for my damn storage chest! Thank god I hit the jackpot by being able to do that 3000point survey :lol

jfoul

Just now trying this game out but the registration process is failing. Email verification never goes out no matter which email address I send it to(also checked junk mail etc). Is the game/site having issues atm?

1stStrike

Banned
Evie updated in OP. I'll comb through it one of these days and touch things up a bit more :D

If anyone has suggestions for additional content / videos / screenshots to add to the OP feel free to let me know.

I'm done playing Fiona. She's pissing me the fuck off already. Hate her slow attacks and blocking. Blood Prince is a pain in the ass with her. Sticking with Evie from now on.

Deadly said:
Only ~1900 more NX for my damn storage chest! Thank god I hit the jackpot by being able to do that 3000point survey :lol

The extra one really helps out. Your able to manage your items a lot better and don't have to consider getting rid of any armor. I think it gives you ten free Goddess Graces and a free hair coupon with it too.

1stStrike

Banned
riceandbeans said:
I'm done playing Fiona. She's pissing me the fuck off already. Hate her slow attacks and blocking. Blood Prince is a pain in the ass with her. Sticking with Evie from now on.

PEBKAC :D

I have no issues with her. You can't expect to always get off a full combo every time, and you need to use the perfect counter to your advantage.

Poyunch

Cow Mengde said:
I just ran into that glitch earlier this week.
It's really not that hard to do. You basically just lift an object near another object and the game lifts a nearby object while trying to lift another.

It's hard to explain but I've experienced this since the beta but it's never been that big of a deal.

I did it two times on purpose today (the game runs like ass for me when I have the settings in anything other than low :/ ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBiQm5Psya4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy0O0naOVyQ

Deadly

riceandbeans said:
The extra one really helps out. Your able to manage your items a lot better and don't have to consider getting rid of any armor. I think it gives you ten free Goddess Graces and a free hair coupon with it too.
Yeah it's the one I'm going for, I have about 11k NX

YYZ

Keep in mind there's like two whole boats before the next free chest (or so I've heard) so you have that many more items and equipment to manage. Now would be a good time to get that $8.xx permenant chest (discount price should be the real price).

1stStrike said:
PEBKAC :D

I have no issues with her. You can't expect to always get off a full combo every time, and you need to use the perfect counter to your advantage.

Really? My chair is the problem? I fucking knew it! :D

The more I play her, the more I don't like her. I've tried learning her counter, but it's not working out. Her defensive play style isn't my thing.

1stStrike

Banned
riceandbeans said:
Really? My chair is the problem? I fucking knew it! :D

The more I play her, the more I don't like her. I've tried learning her counter, but it's not working out. Her defensive play style isn't my thing.

Most people don't have the patience to play her in the long run. I think as the game gets harder you'll see less Fiona's overall. I, however, still love her. I love being able to shrug off boss hits and then get that early smash in after blocking.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've done so many free credit report "trials" + Netflix trial that I now am only missing one storage chest on my Evie. Way overkill but whatever. Sure not going to spend it on Maplestory. :lol

Deadly

xelios said:
I've done so many free credit report "trials" + Netflix trial that I now am only missing one storage chest on my Evie. Way overkill but whatever. Sure not going to spend it on Maplestory. :lol
How are you doing this?

xelios

Deadly said:
How are you doing this?

http://vindictus.nexon.net/ > Items > Charge NX > Earn Free NX

Some are easy for quite a bit of NX. Many only require you to sign up for the free trial, not stipulating that you have to remain a member into the subscription period. Just read the details. I don't mess with many of the surveys though unless they're 5-9000 NX (rare).

Deadly

xelios said:
http://vindictus.nexon.net/ > Items > Charge NX > Earn Free NX

Some are easy for quite a bit of NX. Many only require you to sign up for the free trial, not stipulating that you have to remain a member or ever actually remain a member into the subscription period. Just read the details. I don't mess with many of the surveys though unless they're 5-9000 NX (rare).
I know about the website but you mention doing the trials multiple times but the links disappear after you've done them once.

xelios

Deadly said:
I know about the website but you mention doing the trials multiple times but the links disappear after you've done them once.

Oh, no. Not the same trial multiple times, but a few different websites offering the same thing. Looking back on my transaction log there were 18169, 15441, 10200, 9820 I did in the past week. Then I just cancel membership before the trial period runs out...

Most don't have requirements to actually subscribe like I said, though some (like Netflix) say you can't cancel within 3 days. Plus they have the 5000 NX rebate going on if you spend 20000 right now, Dec. 1st it's refunded I think. And the chests being 20% off.

Edit: The SuperRewards tab seems to have the highest rate of return on these type of offers. Didn't notice that at first.

1stStrike

Banned
I did this kind of stuff once a long time ago. It's ultimately a pain and I'd rather not deal with it myself. I don't mind forking out some cash now and then for some NX.

xelios

I did this kind of stuff once a long time ago. It's ultimately a pain and I'd rather not deal with it myself. I don't mind forking out some cash now and then for some NX.

Same here, the surveys are time consuming so I tend to stay away from them. I just do the larger stuff that's quick. ~$60 in under an hour is nothing to sneeze at.

Had to buy some prepaid to get the bunny ears (ended up getting 2 and so some starting cash), since I wasn't anywhere near level 30 yet.

Had a weird graphic problem happen to me earlier too (Nvidia 460 OC):

FsBPv.jpg

ZOguY.jpg

Can't wait to get to scythe but I haven't had a lot of time to play lately. Made a few friends I've been playing with regularly though. People seem to be fairly mature here (East).

xelios said:
Oh, no. Not the same trial multiple times, but a few different websites offering the same thing. Looking back on my transaction log there were 18169, 15441, 10200, 9820 I did in the past week. Then I just cancel membership before the trial period runs out...

Most don't have requirements to actually subscribe like I said, though some (like Netflix) say you can't cancel within 3 days. Plus they have the 5000 NX rebate going on if you spend 20000 right now, Dec. 1st it's refunded I think. And the chests being 20% off.

Edit: The SuperRewards tab seems to have the highest rate of return on these type of offers. Didn't notice that at first.

Word of advice, Super Rewards is the best but don't abuse them. They'll end up banning you. I should know...

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah, I actually got the graphic glitch myself not long ago (Geforce GTX 460) and I took a screenshot. Only happened once on a boat 1 mission and then never saw the glitch again. Made for some funny looking trees though!

Man, I can't wait for the next boat. However, I get AC: Brotherhood the same day the patch comes out, so I'll probably play that and just wait till Thursday to play the new boat (the servers are always hammered to the point of being unplayable when new content is released anyway).

xelios

riceandbeans said:
Word of advice, Super Rewards is the best but don't abuse them. They'll end up banning you. I should know...

What happened? How'd you abuse them, you mean like canceling trials and stuff? =/

Haven't entered any false info or anything, but I guess signing up for trials then canceling could be considered abuse. They should at least say something in the terms though.

Cow Mengde said:
The graphical glitch just happens sometimes. I've seen it a few times myself.

Same. It looks like they are trying to save resources by not drawing textures. I presume it is supposed to be for far away objects, but it seems to happen on up close objects occasionally. I have an Nvidia 8800GTS 512. Maybe it's an Nvidia thing?

Mairu

YYZ said:
How do deleted names work? I deleted a character, but can't use that name again for some reason.
gotta wait 30 days to use it again

although supposedly it was (or still is) bugged and still doesn't let you use it after 30 days

prodystopian said:
Same. It looks like they are trying to save resources by not drawing textures. I presume it is supposed to be for far away objects, but it seems to happen on up close objects occasionally. I have an Nvidia 8800GTS 512. Maybe it's an Nvidia thing?

My card's an Nvidia as well.

1stStrike

Banned
I don't ever actually minimize the game, but I have dual monitors and it's easy to click out of the game and just drag the mouse over to my browser or skype or something, so I'm always doing that during loading screens and while waiting on the boat :p

Starting out again since beta, and was wondering If I can just sell all this junk I'm getting.
Just done about 6 trips, and my inv is almost full.

I don't care much about crafting and stuff, but is there any kind of mats I should keep ?
I still got my novice gear too, can I trash these ?

1stStrike

Banned
theMrCravens said:
Starting out again since beta, and was wondering If I can just sell all this junk I'm getting.

I don't care much about crafting and stuff, but is there any kind of mats I should keep ?

Yeah the novice gear can go. Just look at the armor shop to see what you need to build your next armor and keep that stuff. Sell off the rest.

It sucks, but you might want to buy a extra chest so you can hold onto some stuff. On boats 2 and 3 they have some shit you need to go back to boat 1 for and if you already have the matts you can save yourself some ass pain (or some money).

theMrCravens said:

Things like the Crimson Rage, Veteran, Rookie sets you can trash. What you want to keep are the Life Erg Crystals for Fine HP Potions, Silver Ores, a few Iron Ores for crafting a sword or two, Spirit Remnants, Life Spirit Remnants, and a few more things others can probably point out.

Ice Remnants, Fire Remants, Ruins Erg Crystal, Silence Erg Crystals... I'm up to level 35 and I've never used any of them.

1stStrike said:
Yeah the novice gear can go. Just look at the armor shop to see what you need to build your next armor and keep that stuff. Sell off the rest.

It sucks, but you might want to buy a extra chest so you can hold onto some stuff.
riceandbeans said:
Things like the Crimson Rage, Veteran, Rookie sets you can trash. What you want to keep are the Life Erg Crystals for Fine HP Potions, Silver Ores, a few Iron Ores for crafting a sword or two, Spirit Remnants, Life Spirit Remnants, and a few more things others can probably point out.

Ice Remnants, Fire Remants, Ruins Erg Crystal, Silence Erg Crystals... I'm up to level 35 and I've never used any of them.
Thanks for advice.

1stStrike said:
On boats 2 and 3 they have some shit you need to go back to boat 1 for and if you already have the matts you can save yourself some ass pain (or some money).
God... I hate when MMOs do these things.

YYZ

What's the logic behind the name deletion wait time? Nobody can use that name, right? I can't think of a reason why it would be 30 days instead of even a week or something, if not sometime sooner.

Mairu

Scheduled Maintenance tonight, WOOO NEXT BOATS ON THE WAY!
Dear Mercenaries,

We will be performing a routine maintenance on all game servers on November 30. During this period, Vindictus will be unavailable. Game maintenance will last approximately 4 Hours.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

-Time-

Pacific: 10:00 PM ~ 2:00 AM, Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Eastern: 1:00 AM ~ 5:00 AM, Wednesday, December 1, 2010

-What-

• Vindictus Gameplay will be unavailable.

-Changes-

• Ver 1.11 Update - Episode 4: "King of the Gnolls" (Click for details)
• Routine IT maintenance

- The Vindictus Team -
I am really surprised it is only 4 hours of maintenance and not something crazy like 11-15 hours. Although it probably will be more than 4 hours anyways :p

Erasus

I had my hopes up when the wiki changed to show that the 2nd December was the launch date in EU.

But then it changed back... :(

I mean if they are smart they would go into Open Beta and launch the cash shop before christmas. Lots of kids with daddys CC then!

Top Bottom