• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
Hazaro said:
Have my doubts of the usefulness of shield bash, but I used it when I thought the boss had low HP on hard (9 fingers) and then this happened.

Up, up and awaaaaay! :lol

I love my shield. I need to get in and start the new content so I can get a heavy shield and plate armor.

Not sure if the same but but Lann has that and you need Light Plate Boots and Light Plate Greaves and blacksmith makes them for you after you unlock it by completing the first boat 4 mission.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
1stStrike said:
Up, up and awaaaaay! :lol

I love my shield. I need to get in and start the new content so I can get a heavy shield and plate armor.
Heavy shield can't counter. HOW WORTHLESS.

1stStrike

Banned
Hazaro said:
Heavy shield can't counter. HOW WORTHLESS.

I use a hammer, so I rarely counter. I use the perfect guard to get in my two hits and a smash.

I like how with the heavy shield you won't need to retreat as much (just to get back stamina) and can act more like a tank.

jediyoshi said:
You need to stop reinforcing the fact you have such little insight on this game. Otherwise you'd know hitting the level cap alone is child's play without the use of paid items, there's no 'certain point' for there to be competition. Just because something applies to other games you lump in the same category doesn't mean they all work the same. Feel free to keep the hypocrisy up though, using the term 'microtransaction' doesn't put you above the jargon found from 'marketroids and advertisements'. If you want to keep ignoring the simple logic that you find yourself able to evaluate a game without having done the thing you continually accuse it of, that's perfectly fine by me.
So you admit my definitions are right, good for you, you're finally making a little progress. The term microtransaction based game applies to this game whether you like it or not. Screaming 'you have no insight!' while not making or countering any logical points only proves that you are incapable of forming a competent argument. I am in fact able to evaluate the games business model because I've played one character to the point where they ran out of tokens at which point the business model is obvious to all but the most blind (read: you).

jediyoshi said:
I know you love your new term, but perhaps you should realize when 'cherry picking' is actually applicable. Thursday through Sunday make up 4 days. Here's the part where it gets tricky, Monday through Wednesday make up 3 days. Me focusing on how 'certain days of the week' isn't cherry picking when they just happen to be a majority of the week. These 'certain days of the week' are more relevant anyway since it's where people will be doing most of their playing anyway.
The whole point of your little tantrum is trying to make it seem like people get more free play time than they really do by selectively excluding dates, yet by doing so you're admitting that people will get even less play time on average because they won't be using all their tokens on 'unimportant' days. Good job shooting yourself in the foot while failing to make any relevant point whatsoever. Panicing trying to 'prove' I misunderstood you instead of admitting your error is hilarious, by the way.

1stStrike said:
mjemirzian, feel free to unsubscribe and exit the thread as not only is your input worthless, but you are completely clueless.
Oh look, a nutriding nobody shouting from the peanut gallery. I've never seen one of those before.

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
So you admit my definitions are right, good for you, you're finally making a little progress. The term microtransaction based game applies to this game whether you like it or not.

So 'microtransaction based game' is somehow more relevant nomenclature than 'free to play'? The game is free, whether you like it or not!

mjemirzian said:
If you want to play this game with one character for a certain length of time past your free tokens running out, you have to pay for tokens (or spend hours slavishly playing the AH to afford the tokens there, but then you're just wasting your time).

Ahuh, tokens available through the AH. What other game elements will you come up with next? :lol

mjemirzian said:
I am in fact able to evaluate the game because I've played one character to the point where they ran out of tokens and at that point the business model is obvious to all but the most blind and illogical (read: you).

So you admit to having played the game. And you didn't pay. If you can't make the logical leap in tying these two pieces of information together, there's nothing I can do to help you.

mjemirzian said:
The whole point of your little tantrum is trying to make it seem like people get more free play time than they really do by selectively excluding dates, yet by doing so you're admitting that people will get even less play time on average because they won't be using all their tokens on 'unimportant' days. Good job shooting yourself in the foot while failing to make any relevant point whatsoever. Going into panic mode trying to 'prove' I misunderstood you instead of admitting your error is hilarious, by the way.

The whole point of your little tantrum is trying to make it seem like people get less free play than than they really do by selectively excluding dates. You seem to be under the notion that I'm even making a comment on these other days you love bringing up. Glossing over being proved incorrect and then being proved incorrect on top of that is hilarious, by the way.

jediyoshi said:
Ahuh, tokens available through the AH. What other game elements will you come up with next? :lol
Crimson Token

A crimson token needed to board a boat. You aren't required to use these coins, but they are guaranteed to make you feel rich. Unlike Silver Tokens, you only need one to board regardless of how many times you've boarded a boat today. Unlike Platinum Tokens, Crimson Tokens can be traded in the Marketplace.

* Quantity: 1, 10 or 30 units
* Price: NX 250/NX 2200/NX 5900

Please get your facts straight. Of course, you should have gotten them straight about 10 posts ago, but your stubborn ignorance is in its own category. It is ironic that you're accusing me of being unable to analyze the game while knowing less about it than me, though.

jediyoshi said:
The whole point of your little tantrum is trying to make it seem like people get less free play than than they really do by selectively excluding dates. You seem to be under the notion that I'm even making a comment on these other days you love bringing up. Glossing over being proved incorrect and then being proved incorrect on top of that is hilarious, by the way.
I have always been stating the average number of missions a character can play per day, which specifically includes every day of the week with no exclusions. You've just gone off the deep end with silly accusations and you're not even trying to make sense anymore, just mocking my words with nonsense. There's apparently no end to the level of cluelessness and ignorance about this game and my arguments that you can display, so I'll leave you to your inane, blind bumbling.

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
Crimson Token
Please get your facts straight. Of course, you should have gotten them straight about 10 posts ago, but your stubborn ignorance is in its own category. It is ironic that you're accusing me of being unable to analyze the game while knowing less about it than me, though.
Right. Crimson tokens, an item that has such little relevance they have yet to be mentioned by anyone else other than yourself within these 48 pages of posts.

mjemirzian said:
I have always been stating the the average number of missions a character can play per day, which specifically includes every day of the week with no exclusions.

You realize this has never been the crux of your error, right?

mjemirzian said:
You've just gone off the deep end with silly accusations and you're not even trying to make sense anymore, just mocking my words with nonsense. There's apparently no end to the level of cluelessness and ignorance about this game and my arguments that you can display, so I'll leave you to your inane, blind bumbling.

:lol No, you!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I get home ready to play for 3 hours until GSL starts.

3 hour maintenance until GSL starts.

Aghhhhhhhhhhhh

jediyoshi

The M.O.B said:
"unscheduled maintenance", argh, just as I get some time to play. They better extend the Double XP for an extra day.

The double XP only applies from 6-8 anyway ]: They should tack on some extra time though. It's been a bit erratic between the amount of time that passes when a boss is downed and when the reward dialogue pops up.

Poyunch

I don't want to get into this but Crimson Tokens are extremely unnecessary. I still haven't used the 30 tokens they offered for free. It's not even like it's hard to get tokens. There are a lot of benefits to reviving allies and seals of dedication are one of them. You can easily gain enough seals to restock on tokens within a couple of days.

1stStrike

Banned
mjemirzian said:
Oh look, a nutriding nobody shouting from the peanut gallery. I've never seen one of those before.

I can tell that you skipped the OP, or haven't bothered looking at who the thread creator was.

It's obvious to me, and everyone else in this thread, that your mom needs to keep you off the computer because you're not quite ready to socialize with other people yet. Come back in 5 more years and try again.

Finally got to the Red Tyrant last night. Woooow he is more difficult than the White Tyrant. I kept missing the group that was doing the XP runs on him (I presume they were more efficient). My first group couldn't do anything. The second took about 20 minutes (and a few goddess grace's from me and one other guy) to finish him off.

So it looks like the next armor set is the Spider Lord set. What about spears and sword for Lann? I can see some on the wiki, but they don't seem to have data.

He's not that difficult. He's definitely more aggressive and his down time is lower, but most of his patterns are known and it seems pretty easy to trick the aggressive A.I. into charging and getting him cornered in the hole where you start. At least that's my first impression. I need to fight him a few more times since I need his stuff for armor anyway.

Cow Mengde said:
He's not that difficult. He's definitely more aggressive and his down time is lower, but most of his patterns are known and it seems pretty easy to trick the aggressive A.I. into charging and getting him cornered in the hole where you start. At least that's my first impression. I need to fight him a few more times since I need his stuff for armor anyway.

I have only fought him twice. I think the fact that you can't just have the party each spear him once to go down (and repeat until he's dead) alone makes him more difficult. I think with the right people using chains he wouldn't be as difficult.

Mairu

prodystopian said:
I have only fought him twice. I think the fact that you can't just have the party each spear him once to go down (and repeat until he's dead) alone makes him more difficult. I think with the right people using chains he wouldn't be as difficult.
If you have a full party it's still easy to keep him down until he's dead with spears, a couple people just throw twice

Mairu said:
If you have a full party it's still easy to keep him down until he's dead with spears, a couple people just throw twice

Good to know. I must have just seen a few people throwing and thought it was most/all.

Thoughts on this:

So it looks like the next armor set for Lann is the Spider Lord set. What about spears and sword for Lann? I can see some on the wiki, but they don't seem to have data for how to obtain them.

Edit: Thanks.

Mairu

prodystopian said:
Good to know. I must have just seen a few people throwing and thought it was most/all.

Thoughts on this:

So it looks like the next armor set for Lann is the Spider Lord set. What about spears and sword for Lann? I can see some on the wiki, but they don't seem to have data.
Golden Scale Twin Spear
Soul Slasher

Laghodessa & Blood Lord are supposedly coming relatively soon, rumor is Dec 15th for Laghodessa

YYZ

What's the quest on the boat that people couldn't access?

Also what's the shield/weapon upgrade for Fiona now?

YYZ

There was a new news update on the vindictus site (dated today)

Hi Mercenaries,

We apologize for any inconvenience some of you have experienced trying to load missions in the new 4th dock. We found the fix, so you should be able to battle it out in any of the missions.
If you encounter any further issues, please report them immdiately.

Thank you for your patience. Enjoy!

- Vindictus Team -

Mairu

cartoon_soldier said:
What's the active guild on West for GAF?
I think there is still a NeoGAF guild, but I am not sure how active it is. A bunch of gaffers have joined my guild, Zero Tokens, though

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
I'm gonna leave NeoGAF and join Zero Tokens. :3
yay :D

Amneisac said:
Are you joking me with how awesome this game is? Does it keep up with the quality of the intro and first mission?
It gets better (aside from there being no story/cutscenes as well done as the prologue battle)

I'm pretty pleased with the 4th boat outside of the new raid, which is a complete and total joke.

Mairu

Deadly said:
What's wrong about it?
The boss' attack pattern is the worst out of any of the raid bosses. It's a joke with a group and it's a joke with a party. The rest of the boat does a pretty good job at upping the difficulty (due mostly in part to the huge difference of damage each attack does vs Ainle's battles) but the Giant Spider is even easier to farm quickly than the White Tyrant is.

Mairu said:
The boss' attack pattern is the worst out of any of the raid bosses. It's a joke with a group and it's a joke with a party. The rest of the boat does a pretty good job at upping the difficulty (due mostly in part to the huge difference of damage each attack does vs Ainle's battles) but the Giant Spider is even easier to farm quickly than the White Tyrant is.

Damn. I wish I didn't have to farm to get to him.:lol

1stStrike

Banned
I am absolutely hooked on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood MP. It doesn't help that I just got a brand new 40" LED tv today either.

So, still addicted to that.

That's what we need in Vindictus - PvP! I'd tank all the Evie's on west at the same time! :lol

Deadly

1stStrike said:
That's what we need in Vindictus - PvP! I'd tank all the Evie's on west at the same time! :lol
Yeah we need PvP really badly. It would give us things to do while we wait for the upcoming boats and stuff. When did PvP arrive for the Korean version?

1stStrike

Banned
Not sure, but if all keeps going at this rate we should hopefully see it in the next 3 - 4 months (hopefully - maybe even sooner).

It's just like, I finish a boat and then I have nothing to do. I also don't really have friends in this game (I hate the chat system too so I rarely talk) like in other games, so there's not much attachment once I finish a boat.

Back in the day when I played an assassin in RO I spent countless hours in that game with my guild, doing quests, fighting for castles (that shit was pretty bad ass) every saturday, and then normal pvp throughout the week.

I do miss being able to customize stats. I had such a bad ass assassin in RO - people were making builds on my server just to fight me. I had to go vit because they were beating my speed build with stuns, so I added vit to avoid being stunned and poisoned the shit out of them :lol

Amneisac

Doesn't seem like many gaffers play on the East server? I guess maybe it's because I'm all the way in Virginia, but the West server is really laggy. Things seemed much smoother on East. Shame, too, as I'd like to play with you guys!

1stStrike

Banned
I'm in NY and the west server has always been pretty smooth for me. It does get laggy at times, but that's because your data goes through their servers first, and it their servers are constantly at or above capacity (aka garbage).

I'm in NY and I play on west with most everyone else and after a server maintenance I'll host a match and everyone gets 4 - 5 bars to me. I hosted a fishing boat and it was full and every single person had 3 bars or above and no real lag.

It's more then likely their garbage servers and not your connection. If I don't have any issues on 10 mbit cable from NY then I doubt you do from Virginia.

Omnicent

Ok now as a warning please do not jizz in your pants.....

Paladin Karok (you know how karok can parry and counter boss attacks... well this.... this will be nerfed im positive.... 2min... of lock...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULw0KrfvO8&feature=player_embedded

An example of this in actual use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMc8ChkmvbY

Now before someone comes and here and says "so what". This can potentially allow for a group to go all out dps on a raid boss for 2min! Have a hard raid? Bring a Karok that knows what he is doing and can transform... end of raid :lol

Now I am sure I am over hyping a bit, but this just looks to good.

Mairu

Omnicent said:
Ok now as a warning please do not jizz in your pants.....

Paladin Karok (you know how karok can parry and counter boss attacks... well this.... this will be nerfed im positive.... 2min... of lock...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ULw0KrfvO8&feature=player_embedded

An example of this in actual use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMc8ChkmvbY

Now before someone comes and here and says "so what". This can potentially allow for a group to go all out dps on a raid boss for 2min! Have a hard raid? Bring a Karok that knows what he is doing and can transform... end of raid :lol

Now I am sure I am over hyping a bit, but this just looks to good.
That looks really fucking stupid :|

Omnicent

Deadly said:
That was like a boss from the first boat though. I'm guessing as the enemies get stronger, the shorter it'll last.
Nope, that was Paladin transformation. FYI Karoks boss lock (what im calling it cause thats what it does) uses stamina.
Transformation gives infinite stamina for 2minutes.... do the math. A Karok can lock a boss
for 2 minutes during transformation (well minus the time needed to initiate the lock).

That's why in the video the gnoll chieftain was locked for about 2 minutes (in the first video).

Deadly

Omnicent said:
Nope, that was Paladin transformation. FYI Karoks boss lock (what im calling it cause thats what it does) uses stamina.
Transformation gives infinite stamina for 2minutes.... do the math. A Karok can lock a boss
for 2 minutes during transformation (well minus the time needed to initiate the lock).

That's why in the video the gnoll chieftain was locked for about 2 minutes (in the first video).
Hmm, I see...Pretty stupid then but still kinda awesome :lol

Top Bottom