• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Omnicent said:
Transformation takes 10AP, 4SP Bars, and you can only use it once an hour, so this is somewhat balanced.

Well there you go. You can abuse one boss, but not too often. Plus, AP is very precious. Maybe Meditation will come in handy later.

Took a week off and found that my character's now fucked up with some kind of decal glitch...

Before:

201011210005.jpg

After:

201012010001b.jpg

Has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix for it? Little pissed of because I bought the permanent one too.

LOL, it's permanent?

Nexon is doing a server maintenance right now to fix some kind of problem so maybe your issue will be sorted out as well.

Poyunch

Of the new content, what armor should I be focusing on for my Spear Lann and Scythe Evie? I'm guessing Rose Drop for Evie since that's all that's good for her but what about Lann?

jediyoshi

Wow. They're extending double XP through the weekend, time to bring my Fionna back to life. Almost hit a million XP on my Evie rerunning Hidden today :lol

Unicorn

Just started playing this game tonight.

I've hated MMOs for years, but this game is addictive and fun!

I never thought I'd be able to say that I enjoy a MMO.

Feels good.

Name in the game is Yagya if anyone wants to bro up.:lol

1stStrike

Banned
Unicorn said:
Just started playing this game tonight.

I've hated MMOs for years, but this game is addictive and fun!

I never thought I'd be able to say that I enjoy a MMO.

Feels good.

Name in the game is Yagya if anyone wants to bro up.:lol

Welcome aboard, though thi8s isn't quite your traditional MMO :p

YYZ

Can you change your avatar's facial features in the avatar shop in the Korean version? Right now you can't in the NA version and I'm wondering if that's a future feature.

Poyunch

elxSO.jpg

We decided to have a leisurely talk rather than fight. He was quite charming.

edit: Flying deaths are always the best deaths.
zHwOf.jpg

BIWx3.jpg

KWAs9.jpg

Cow Mengde said:
LOL, it's permanent?

Nexon is doing a server maintenance right now to fix some kind of problem so maybe your issue will be sorted out as well.

Nope. Haven't seen any other bugs like it either and Nexon still hasn't responded back. Not buying any other face tattoos until I get an answer on this.

Sectus said:
http://forum.nexon.net/Vindictus/forums/thread/6347294.aspx

Permanent underwear coming to Korean version of the game, even though it's just a temporary offer. Hopefully they'll do something similar with NA version too. (And European version, if that's ever coming out >.<)

Could be possible. The outfits in the link showed the Christmas armor coming up. If they do, I wonder if it's gonna be at an even bigger premium.

And I'm hating Fiona so much but that grind with Evie is just too big.

Poyunch

I love how the camera pans out after deaths. I know it's a glitch because it only ever happens for the Red Tyrant and the Goliath so far.

Omnicent

So, the semester has finally ended and I have found time to try out changing the game music.

Right now all the BGM is different :D

I used this guide as a reference in case anyone else wants to do this (I'd suggest backing up the originals and the changes)

Poyunch

Deadly said:
Which books? The equipment one adds INT so why the hell wouldn't you want it?
Well yes those but if I get a new book that has better INT could I sell they lower level ones? I heard there was some connection between books and Golems but I'm not sure.

edit:
y2g9I.jpg

Man what a hilarious pose. It stood upright even after it dissolved.

Poyunch

So currently my Lann is equipped with two Vampire Knight Seals each with a stat boost of +26 Strength and + 26 Intelligence. I'm wondering if I should unequip one and equip a Singleshot Ring with +52 Agility. Should I just keep what I have?
Cow Mengde said:
The spider lord armor... is that the one with the ugly helmet?
I think it looks pretty ugly.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
So currently my Lann is equipped with two Vampire Knight Seals each with a stat boost of +26 Strength and + 26 Intelligence. I'm wondering if I should unequip one and equip a Singleshot Ring with +52 Agility. Should I just keep what I have?

I think it looks pretty ugly.
I use 2x Emptiness Rings. Less STR, but you get WIL/AGI as well

Where do you get the Vampire Knight seal again? I got one as loot, but I forgot where. I might as well get one. There is another ring that boosts some other stats, but I sold it.

Poyunch

If you read GAF SummerWhedon, I'm sorry dude. :lol

So unlucky. I was Spear Lann and he was Sword Fiona. He was doing the Fleeing Gnoll King with just two players. I join and we go on and do our thing. The first time he gets cornered behind a wall while the Gnoll King pummeled him. He was blocking but eventually the Gnoll King got to me and killed me then him. I used my six Goddess Graces from the event and we still got nowhere. :lol

The second time I get the weapon switch glitch. I couldn't clear up the Hammer Gnolls and he ends up dying when they all gang up on him. I can't dodge at all due to the glitch and one swing and I'm dead.

1stStrike

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
If you read GAF SummerWhedon, I'm sorry dude. :lol

So unlucky. I was Spear Lann and he was Sword Fiona. He was doing the Fleeing Gnoll King with just two players. I join and we go on and do our thing. The first time he gets cornered behind a wall while the Gnoll King pummeled him. He was blocking but eventually the Gnoll King got to me and killed me then him. I used my six Goddess Graces from the event and we still got nowhere. :lol

The second time I get the weapon switch glitch. I couldn't clear up the Hammer Gnolls and he ends up dying when they all gang up on him. I can't dodge at all due to the glitch and one swing and I'm dead.

Wow.... I can't remember the last time I died in Vindictus :lol

I really need to get into boat 4. I've only played part of the first mission so far :| I start up and the game disconnects me 2 minutes into the map so I was just like "bah, fuck it" and quit. Haven't played since.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I tried soloing 4 red cents on hard + macha as Fiona. Did not go well.
Call in spear Lann friend and they all die to spinning death in 2 minutes :lol

Poyunch

If I was my Evie character I probably would have had better luck. I usually just summon a wisp to distract the boss while I revive my teammate(s).

Mairu

Hazaro said:
I tried soloing 4 red cents on hard + macha as Fiona. Did not go well.
Call in spear Lann friend and they all die to spinning death in 2 minutes :lol
you called in the wrong spear lann friend

YYZ

What time is the update?

nm, site since updated to show 1-6 a.m. EST. Get up and play Vindictus, joy.

Mairu

Game got patched but they forgot to actually add the patch for people to download :lol

I think everything works fine if you re-download the full client, it will likely be up later today if you're unwilling to do that.

Time for me to take a break from the game, spending too much time on too little content got me burned out
and playing other online games that actually have something to do in them sort of spoiled me.
. It's too bad, because I really, really like the AP & combat system :(

Sectus

If people are still having trouble patching the game just delete CurrentInfo.txt. That will force the game to update to newest version.

Also, whoo, permanent underwear! ... erm, anti-whoo, 19 USD!

Can anyone verify whether or not you can change the colours for the christmas inner armor when you buy the coupon for it? I might just go ahead and buy it for the sake of supporting the game and supporting their decision to finally add permanent underwear (even though it's very expensive). But if there's no way I can change the pattern on those stockings I'll pass, as that'll just look so darn out of place on many outfits.

Edit: Just checked nexon forums, you can choose your own colours with the christmas underwear.

Deadly

I am so PISSED that the new perm underwear only comes in a 20$ package. Rose Drop looks so fuckin stupid with the default ones

YYZ

I turned off the real-time scanning and stuff. Still quarantines. I can't close it in the task manager (access denied) on my administrator account. It's too smart for its own good.

e: got it to work. Had to download the installer again...twice, because the first one was corrupted :\

201012150007.jpg

Grabbed it. You can mess with the colors too, so if you want some solid colors, it's doable. Will grab one for my Fiona too. The necklace that comes with it also has some insane stats, 1000+ DEF :D

The M.O.B

I got my 4464 NX from that Americangreetings site promotion.

It signs you up for a trial which will start charging you $15 a month if you don't cancel it.

Only took a minute to cancel over the phone, you just have to respond to this automated support system.

Can't complain, I got what I came for :D

Top Bottom