• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Mairu

My plan is to try and sleep early tonight
which shouldn't be too hard because I was up until 5-6am last night watching SC2 and coding a database
then wake up around 2-4am and plow through the content to hit max level quickly. Then after that, it's complete quests, then after that, it's back to title farming. :D

1stStrike

Banned
My copy of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood just got here, so I know what I'm going to be doing. I'll be on to play Vindictus on Thursday though :D

Mairu: You got a PS3 bro?

YYZ

Anyone else pretty much have their lvl39 level up timed perfectly? I should just be on the cusp after today's dailies :D

YYZ said:
Anyone else pretty much have their lvl39 level up timed perfectly? I should just be on the cusp after today's dailies :D

Nope. Sick of Fiona and now switching to Evie as my main and I've got 10 levels to go now. Grind, grind, grind...

Mairu

1stStrike said:
My copy of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood just got here, so I know what I'm going to be doing. I'll be on to play Vindictus on Thursday though :D

Mairu: You got a PS3 bro?
I have a PS3 but I only really use it for blurays now :(

I really want to play Brotherhood but I pretty much got all non-exclusives on 360 due to achievements and since none of my friends got Brotherhood I didn't end up getting it for anything :/

Canova

Banned
riceandbeans said:
Nope. Sick of Fiona and now switching to Evie as my main and I've got 10 levels to go now. Grind, grind, grind...

what is there to grind? materials or experience to level up? I don't mind grinding experience (killing enemies, etc), though I hate grinding materials

Omnicent

Yay, Boat 4. Probably won't be able to log on till around 1PM, which is fine.
I'll be up all night to make some major headway in programing the GUI for my groups final project.
It'll give me something to look foward to :D

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
I have a PS3 but I only really use it for blurays now :(

I really want to play Brotherhood but I pretty much got all non-exclusives on 360 due to achievements and since none of my friends got Brotherhood I didn't end up getting it for anything :/

I now hate you :(

canova said:
what is there to grind? materials or experience to level up? I don't mind grinding experience (killing enemies, etc), though I hate grinding materials

Item collecting, mission grinding (doing different requirements for set number of points), and level grinding. Ainle is the worst with it.

Ainle :lol

Mairu

If you don't want to get fucked by the update servers being hammered tomorrow you can download the full client already with the update applied

Mairu

Double XP for next few days from 6-8

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00AJF
Dear Mercenaries-

With Episode 4 now available, we know many of you are hoping to get your favorite character up to the proper level so that you can see the exciting new content!

In order to help you acheive your goals, we are proud to offer a special Double EXP Event from 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM (Pacific) (9:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern), Wednesday December 1st through Friday December 3rd.

This is a great time to get stronger twice as fast, so be sure to log in to the game each day to take full advantage of this event!

See you at the docks!

-The Vindictus Team-
Free Daily potions
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00AJG
Dear Mercenaries-

To celebrate the Holiday Season, we are excited to announce that each character will receive 3 FREE Mercenary Recovery Potions EVERY DAY from December 1, 2010 through December 14, 2010!

All you need to do to get your free potions is make sure to visit the Supply Depot and get 3 Free Potions each day!

Be on the lookout for even more holiday events coming in the near future!

-The Vindictus Team-

Sectus

Nexon has apparently updated their Terms of Use to mention that any modding may case an account to be banned. So yeah... I guess no more modding :'<

Mairu said:
If you don't want to get fucked by the update servers being hammered tomorrow you can download the full client already with the update applied
You sure it's the newest version? I downloaded and installed it, but it looks to be identical to the one I already had installed.

Mairu

Sectus said:
Nexon has apparently updated their Terms of Use to mention that any modding may case an account to be banned. So yeah... I guess no more modding :'<

You sure it's the newest version? I downloaded and installed it, but it looks to be identical to the one I already had installed.
change the URL to v111 instead of v110

patch notes up, game still down

http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=100&contentNo=00AJH

lots in it so won't crosspost the whole thing :lol

Dam patch is long, ugh so slow, everyone is downloading them :lol

Weapons
The weapons system has been updated. All weapons now have 3 additional stats Balance, Critical, and ATK Speed.

Balance - This new attribute will determine the range of damage the weapon inflicts. In other words each weapon’s damage will vary based on the Balance of it. For example, if a weapon’s balance is 80, it will have a chance to inflict between 80% - 100% of total damage.

Critical - Determines the chance for a critical hit. Critical rates for weapons will add to the existing critical rates characters have. Please note that critical rates can be increased by various means such as the “Critical Hit” skill and the character’s “WIL”.

Attack Speed - Weapons speeds will vary from Slow, Normal, and Fast.
so its random when you craft a weapon?

Sectus

Hmm! Mods is only partially blocked with this patch. Nude mod is impossible to use. But other mods like different NPC portraits or replacing sounds with those from Korean version still works. I suppose that's fair. Nude mod kinda gave people no incentive to ever buy any underwear, but the other mods are harmless.

Mairu said:
Double XP for next few days from 6-8

Just beat God of War 3, and I was thinking about playing more of that or starting Uncharted 2, but this might just get me to dive right into the new stuff. Damn you, Nexon!

Sectus said:
Hmm! Mods is only partially blocked with this patch. Nude mod is impossible to use. But other mods like different NPC portraits or replacing sounds with those from Korean version still works. I suppose that's fair. Nude mod kinda gave people no incentive to ever buy any underwear, but the other mods are harmless.

Not really. There's still a lot of unreleased inner armor that looks sick. I'd prefer that over bare nipples. And they'll just find another way to unblock it. It's a decent alternative to people who have no interest spending NX ingame so whatever.

Omnicent

1stStrike said:
I'll just play AC: Brotherhood while the patch is dling :p
Was downloading patch. Came back after class and it was frozen. Well now I'm downloading the updated client while I'm in class. Should be finished by the time I get out of class :D

Oh, this thread got moved to a different section?

Anyway, loving the new stuff so far. The NPCs are really likable and some of the stuff is hilarious. Especially the story about Marrec not taking off his helmet.

jediyoshi

Chat Spam Prevention
A new chat system has been implemented. This system will temporarily block the chat of those trying to spam in the general chat window.

I still see spam ]:

Did alt tabbing break for anyone? The game just minimizes and brings it up back on the desktop like other games now. Marketplace is borked for me too ><

jediyoshi said:
I still see spam ]:

Did alt tabbing break for anyone? The game just minimizes and brings it up back on the desktop like other games now. Marketplace is borked for me too ><
You may need to change your game to window mode in order to use the Marketplace or Depot.

I don't believe Vindictus qualifies as an MMO. It's a lobby based dungeon crawler with one tiny town to poke around in. It's your typical Korean meat grinder with an audacious amount of reused content. You get 4 dungeons to explore. Each mission in the dungeon reuses the same few rooms and generic enemies. They couldn't be assed to make unique rooms per mission except in very special cases like the polar bear room. Only the bosses are 'unique', if you consider pallete swaps and similar attacks to be unique. If this were a single player game without reused rooms or palette swap bosses, it would be about 5-15 hours long.

The first newbie dungeon is free, but past that it costs tokens to go on missions. You'll get 6-7 missions per day per character for free, any more will cost you gold or real money. If you think the game is worth a monthly 'fee' of $5.90 per 30 missions, you can start coughing up the cash. That's before you get to the overpriced storage boxes, vanity items, or a chance to win a piece of equipment. It's possible to game the system by either playing the AH and buying tokens for gold or playing multiple characters, but that has its own drawbacks, namely that the game is an easy, boring grindtastic button masher.

On to the game play. It's a simple dodge based button masher. You can't dodge cancel most abilities so the game ends up feeling stiff and clunky - it's even worse than God of War in that regard. You get almost no abilities or weapons to play around with. Difficulty is very easy, even when you set it to 'hard' or 'macha' or whatever. Battle Points are an excuse to get you to replay the mission repeatedly and have little to do with challenging the player.. reminds me of most Achievements or Trophies. Resource farming, questing, and crafting is about as boring as you'd expect. My recommendation: Go enjoy Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God of War, Ninja Gaiden, etc.. even Jade Empire is a better and more challenging melee based action game.

jediyoshi said:
:lol So you're telling us you didn't play the game?
So you're telling me you can't do basic math dividing 50 free tokens that are replenished every 3 days? I recommend going back to first grade to address this issue.

Sectus

mjemirzian said:
I don't believe Vindictus qualifies as an MMO. It's a lobby based dungeon crawler with one tiny town to poke around in. It's your typical Korean meat grinder with an audacious amount of reused content. You get 4 dungeons to explore. Each mission in the dungeon reuses the same few rooms and generic enemies. They couldn't be assed to make unique rooms per mission except in very special cases like the polar bear room. Only the bosses are 'unique', if you consider pallete swaps and similar attacks to be unique. If this were a single player game without reused rooms or palette swap bosses, it would be about 5-15 hours long.
They do make the repeated level design a bit too obvious in places (although that is not uncommon within the genre. Diablo re-uses level "blocks" a similar way, and Monster Hunter encourages you to do repeat hunts), but well, consider what you're comparing against. MMOs aren't known for great level design. Gigantic open spaces with very few recognizable landmarks. And the level design usually has zero bearing on the combat.

And yes, you're right, turn the game into a singleplayer game and it loses some of its appeal. But hey, that's even more true with other MMOs. At least Vindictus actually has some honest fun gameplay. Other MMOs rely entirely on the social and grinding aspects. The core gameplay in something like WoW is honestly atrocious. If that was a singleplayer game, 99% of people would stop after the 10th quest of "Go to X, kill Y monster until you get Z amount of random item". Especially since the fighting is just clicking once on each enemy and periodically clicking on skills as they recharge.

mjemirzian said:
The first newbie dungeon is free, but past that it costs tokens to go on missions. You'll get 6-7 missions per day per character for free, any more will cost you gold or real money. If you think the game is worth a monthly 'fee' of $5.90 per 30 missions, you can start coughing up the cash. That's before you get to the overpriced storage boxes, vanity items, or a chance to win a piece of equipment.
I'd just like to point out I've played the game a lot, and I haven't paid for a single platinum token yet. After the changes they did, I think the current token system is okay. The real hardcore players have to pay in order to maintain playing 8 hours a day or something, while other players playing on a more steady pace might not even ever run out of tokens.

And yes, there are some stuff you have to pay for in order to properly play the game, like extra storage space. But well, do you expect them to give the entire game for free? They need to force players to pay in some way.

mjemirzian said:
On to the game play. It's a simple dodge based button masher. You can't dodge cancel most abilities so the game ends up feeling stiff and clunky - it's even worse than God of War in that regard.
The game is not balanced for being able to cancel moves. You complain the game is too easy, that change would definitely have made it drastically easier.

Speaking of which, how far did you play? I agree the first episode is too easy. But if you're playing alone, the first episode will start to become noticably harder by the end of the first episode. And by the second episode it's possible to die at normal mobs if you're playing alone. I do agree that the game is way too easy in full parties though.

I haven't played with Lann, but I do think there's quite a bit of finesse when playing with Fiona or Evie. You might get away with some button mashing with Fiona, but in later episodes you need to master when to dodge, block or counter attack. Button mashing is pretty much the worst tactic to use for Evie. Her normal attacks are pathetic, and her stamina runs out so fast you can't spam any spell.

mjemirzian said:
My recommendation: Go enjoy Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, God of War, Ninja Gaiden, etc.. even Jade Empire is a better and more challenging melee based action game.
A few of those games are good alternatives, but Vindictus still has a lot of unique features those other games don't. For instance, I'm a huge fan of coop so that's a huge plus for me regarding Vindictus. I also think this is the right direction for MMOs to move in. It has among the least grind of the entire genre, and it actually has *fun* core gameplay. Which is insanely rare for MMOs.

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
So you're telling me you can't do basic math dividing 50 free tokens that are replenished every 3 days? I recommend going back to first grade to address this issue.

Ah, silly me. I keep forgetting Saturday is 3 whole days away from Monday and Thursday is 3 days away from Satuday! Thanks for sharing your insight. One might get the impression instead that between Thursday through Monday you can do 10-12 missions a day. Now please go back to comparing this free multiplayer game to more triple A single player titles or lamenting the apparent non existence of skills or weapons.

Sectus said:
The core gameplay in something like WoW is honestly atrocious. If that was a singleplayer game, 99% of people would stop after the 10th quest of "Go to X, kill Y monster until you get Z amount of random item". Especially since the fighting is just clicking once on each enemy and periodically clicking on skills as they recharge.

The game is balanced for being able to cancel move. You complain the game is too easy, that change would definitely have made it drastically easier.

Speaking of which, how far did you play? I agree the first episode is too easy. But if you're playing alone, the first episode will start to become noticably harder by the end of the first episode.

I haven't played with Lann, but I do think there's quite a bit of finesse when playing with Fiona or Evie.
WoW would be impossible to translate to a single player game as dungeons and raids are based on multiplayer cooperation. Vindictus on the other hand does not have that excuse - the entire game can be soloed if you have enough patience.

Melee action games are better designed to allow canceling. It's responsive and leads to more options as opposed to being limited to what you can do by the chance the enemy might start up an attack you won't be able to cancel out of even if you see it coming. It's too late for them to make this change without drastically altering the difficulty, but it doesn't make the criticism less valid.

Soloing isn't an issue. Bosses have easy to recognize patterns and you don't have to master any complex weapon or combo systems like some of the games I mentioned. I don't see what trash mobs could possibly pose a threat in boat 2. I leveled a Lann to 26 and an Evie to 25 (doubled up to avoid token limits and pool crafting resources).. I gave up when I saw boat 3 was more of the same and the quests were drying up. That and the patch constantly disconnecting me, bad host lag during missions, and the annoying gold spammers.

Evie is still button mashing, you're just mashing the magic bolt key instead of melee attacks. Fiona and Lann just dodge and attack. Fiona seems like a flawed design to begin with considering there's no aggro table.

jediyoshi said:
Ah, silly me. I keep forgetting Saturday is 3 whole days away from Monday and Thursday is 3 days away from Satuday! Thanks for sharing your insight. One might get the impression instead that between Thursday through Monday you can do 10-12 missions a day. Now please go back to comparing this free multiplayer game to more triple A single player titles or lamenting the apparent non existence of skills or weapons.
It's 8-9 missions per day on average since they changed the token system (oops), but it was less before they made that change.. and it's definitely not 10-12. Weapons are nearly identical to one another. Skills are almost all passive, and the active ones barely add any depth to the class. Also, calling a microtransaction based game free - lol.

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
Also, calling a microtransaction based game free - lol.

The ability to pay for things doesn't inherently change the payment model. Did you pay for anything during the time you claimed to have played it? No? I think logic can fill in the rest of the gaps for you. A majority of users don't have vanity items, and as you can read from the thread, most credit is gained through alternative methods.

mjemirzian said:
It's 8-9 missions per day every week since they changed the token system (oops), but whatever.

Multiplication and addition have completely failed you, but whatever! Seriously, you're working with 2 digit numbers at most here, it's not that complicated.

jediyoshi said:
The ability to pay for things doesn't inherently change the payment model. Did you pay for anything during the time you claimed to have played it? No? I think logic can fill in the rest of the gaps for you. A majority of users don't have vanity items, and as you can read from the thread, most credit is gained through alternative methods.
The payment model is microtransaction based. It is not free. Feel free to continue to delude yourself.

jediyoshi said:
Multiplication and addition have completely failed you, but whatever! Seriously, you're working with 2 digit numbers at most here, it's not that complicated.
LOL. I'd love to see your math where you prove you can play 10-12 boat 2 or above missions a day on average. I suspect you're failing to take into account that the more missions you play, the more expensive the cost in free tokens a mission becomes for that day. You only pay 2 tokens for the first 6 missions, after which you have to pay 3 tokens, then 4 tokens later. Here is the actual math, so you can stop being so embarrassingly belligerent.

Mon - 50 tokens, spend 15 on 7 missions, 35 remaining
Tue - 35 tokens, spend 15 on 7 missions, 20 remaining
Wed - 20 tokens, spend 18 on 8 missions, 2 remaining

Thu - 50 tokens, spend 24 on 10 missions, 26 remaining
Fri - 26 tokens, spend 24 on 10 missions, 2 remaining

Sat - 50 tokens, spend 24 on 10 missions, 26 remaining
Sun - 26 tokens, spend 24 on 10 missions, 2 remaining

Average of 10+10+10+10+7+7+8 = 62/7 = 8.85 missions per day. Now it was less before they increased the amount of free tokens you get, but w/e.

Sectus

mjemirzian said:
WoW would be impossible to translate to a single player game as dungeons and raids are based on multiplayer cooperation. Vindictus on the other hand does not have that excuse - the entire game can be soloed if you have enough patience.
I played WoW for about 3 weeks and I didn't encounter anything which wasn't possible to solo. Maybe there are raids where you are forced to play with other people, but the majority of the game seemed soloable to me.

You can actually say the same about Vindictus. Turn it into a pure singleplayer game, and you destroy many parts of the game. PVP is gone. Auction house is gone. Bosses suddenly become stupidly difficult, and something most players would probably give up on.

Anyway, my original point was about the core combat in WoW. Take away the social and grinding aspects, and what are you left with? A huge open dull world with repetitive quests and dreadfully boring combat. This is a big problem with many MMOs. They've kept cloning eachother's designs instead of trying to fix core problems of the MMO genre.

mjemirzian said:
Melee action games are better designed to allow canceling. It's responsive and leads to more options as opposed to being limited to what you can do by the chance the enemy might start up an attack you won't be able to cancel out of even if you see it coming. It's too late for them to make this change without drastically altering the difficulty, but it doesn't make the criticism less valid.
Well, I disagree! I think this system forces the player to be more conscious about his attacks instead of being able to cancel out of anything. It actually makes button mashing a worse tactic since you're forced into waiting for an entire attack string to finish before you're allowed to evade or block.

mjemirzian said:
Soloing isn't an issue. Bosses have easy to recognize patterns and you don't have to master any complex weapon or combo systems like some of the games I mentioned. I don't see what trash mobs could possibly pose a threat in boat 2. I leveled a Lann to 26 and an Evie to 25 (doubled up to avoid token limits and pool crafting resources).. I gave up when I saw boat 3 was more of the same and the quests were drying up. That and the patch constantly disconnecting me, bad host lag during missions, and the annoying gold spammers.
Maybe try playing alone or play with friends only? The game is drastically more enjoyable that way. Playing with strangers is often a bad experience, and playing in full parties does make the game way too easy.

mjemirzian said:
Evie is still button mashing, you're just mashing the magic bolt key instead of melee attacks. Fiona and Lann just dodge and attack. Fiona seems like a flawed design to begin with considering there's no aggro table.
... flawed design considering there's no aggro table? You know she's not supposed to be an MMO-style tank, right?

And how the heck can you even spam magic bolt? "Yay, I fired it 5 times in a row... now I'm gonna stand still like a moron for 20 seconds before I fire it 5 times again!"

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
The payment model is microtransaction based. It is not free. Feel free to continue to delude yourself.
The things that require transaction are completely supplemental and aren't required to play. You are making judgment of a game from your experience having played it but didn't even do the exact thing you are accusing it of.

mjemirzian said:
LOL. I'd love to see your math where you prove you can play 10-12 boat 2 or above missions a day on average.
Completely making up context now, are we?

One might get the impression instead that between Thursday through Monday you can do 10-12 missions a day.
Maybe you should mix some reading comprehension in with those math skills. Oh no, an error! Here, 9-11, happy now? That somehow seems like a smaller margin than 6-7 to 8-9 as far as math goes. Now the 'can' part is the doozy, follow along.

Thursday. 6 runs at 2 tokens. 5 runs at 3 tokens. Friday. 6 runs at 2 tokens. 3 runs at 3 tokens. Rinse and repeat. I'm not going to withdraw an argument just because you decide to continue editing posts after a response has already been made.

Mairu

mjemirzian said:
I leveled a Lann to 26 and an Evie to 25 (doubled up to avoid token limits and pool crafting resources)..
Your criticism of the gameplay in Vindictus is as valid as Sectus' criticism of WoW considering he only played it for three weeks :|

Deadly

mjemirzian said:
I haven't paid jackshit for this game :lol . Microtransaction based model sure. But also totally optional for the user.

jediyoshi said:
The things that require transaction are completely supplemental and aren't required to play. You are making judgment of a game from your experience having played it but didn't even do the exact thing you are accusing it of.
You can sit there in delusion about the difference between a free game and a microtransaction based game, but that won't change the fact. It seems your delusion is rather deep seated.

jediyoshi said:
Maybe you should mix some reading comprehension in with those math skills. Oh no, an error! Here, 9-11, happy now? That somehow seems like a smaller margin than 6-7 to 8-9 as far as math goes. Now the 'can' part is the doozy, follow along.
Oh lord. Nobody cares that you can cherry pick days where token resets are more frequent to try and make it seem like you get to free play more - it's completely irrelevant and deceptive and you have no reason to keep bringing it up. I've been talking about per day average all this time and you leap in with condescending accusations about not playing the game, reading comprehension, not being able to do basic math, claiming I'm editing my posts to deceive people, etc. You've gone on quite the rampage. The 6-7 per day estimate is not an error, it's based on the old amount of free tokens they were handing out. I was not aware that they started handing them out more frequently. And no, I haven't edited any of my posts that you quoted. Looking at the quotes can confirm that.

Mairu said:
Your criticism of the gameplay in Vindictus is as valid as Sectus' criticism of WoW considering he only played it for three weeks :|
The classic 'you haven't sold your soul and grinded untold numbers of hours to confirm that the game still sucks so your argument is invalid!' MMO defense. How about you give me your account so I can get on and confirm that the tiny amount of active skills that you get add very little to the combat systems depth or skill cap. I've looked at videos, seen high level players in game, and read about all 3 classes active skills. It still plays nearly identical at higher levels.

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
You can sit there in delusion about the difference between a free game and a microtransaction based game, but that won't change the fact. It seems your delusion is rather deep seated.

I wasn't aware free games aren't games that are free anymore. I'll let you completely glance over how the entire industry refers to them as free-to-play games for a reason and let you keep calling oranges, apples.

mjemirzian said:
Oh lord. Nobody cares that you can cherry pick days where token resets are more frequent to try and make it seem like you get to free play more - it's completely irrelevant and deceptive.

Please, no need to be mad because you overlooked something. Do you even read your own responses anymore? You are the one that cares. You literally asked for that math and it was produced. It's not cherry picking when it's the majority of the week that the resets actually occur :lol I was explicitly clear exactly what was meant when I first said it and it's relevant since weekends represent larger amounts of gaming time for people.

mjemirzian said:
I've been talking about per day average all this time and you leap in with condescending accusations about not playing the game, reading comprehension, not being able to do basic math, editing my posts to deceive people, etc.. you've gone on quite the nerd rampage, really.

Delicious hypocrisy. Good to know your very first response wasn't a personal attack as well.

mjemirzian said:
The 6-7 per day estimate is not an error, it's based on the old amount of free tokens they were handing out. I was not aware that they started handing them out more frequently. And no, I haven't edited any of my posts that you quoted. Looking at the quotes can confirm that.

Uh, looking at your own posts confirms exactly that, that's what the edit byline means. Your last post had your apparently non cherry picked math added in (which I'm assuming would indicate is how every single person plays the game) and the post before that was edited to add 'on average' to your math which would omit your original error.

Mairu

mjemirzian said:
The classic 'you haven't sold your soul and grinded untold numbers of hours to confirm that the game still sucks so your argument is invalid!' MMO defense.
Do you just make up statements that you respond to to make your arguments sound better? I'll just respond with that with the quote your quoted because your statement has nothing to do with what I was saying :(
Mairu said:

jediyoshi said:
I wasn't aware free games aren't games that are free anymore. I'll let you completely glance over how the entire industry refers to them as free-to-play games for a reason and let you keep calling oranges, apples.
Microtransaction based games are only free up to a certain point, at which you must pay to either keep playing or remain competitive with other paying players, or both. You are wrong and you have no logic to back yourself up with, only pathetic parroting of buzzwords you've heard from marketroids and advertisements that most certainly do not make up 'the entire industry'.

jediyoshi said:
You literally asked for that math and it was produced. It's not cherry picking when it's the majority of the week that the resets actually occur
I asked for math on averages per day, not your cherry picked math based on certain days of the week. You're under the delusion that I misunderstood you when you started talking about your cherry picked math, which I neither care about nor asked for. And of course per day averages are more important - you have to evenly distribute them to get the most amount of playtime, and if you don't use them, they are wasted. If you start cherry picking based on the logic that people will not be using their weekday tokens, the amount of playtime they'll be getting out of the game is even less.

jediyoshi said:
Delicious hypocrisy. Good to know your very first response wasn't a personal attack as well.
Your 'very first response' is a nerd raging insult accusing someone of not playing the game they're writing about, based on my correct math that you only get 6-7 missions per day (that was before they added more tokens, but the math is still correct).

jediyoshi said:
Uh, looking at your own posts confirms exactly that, that's what the edit byline means. Your last post had your apparently non cherry picked math added in (which I'm assuming would indicate is how every single person plays the game) and the post before that was edited to add 'on average' to your math which would omit your original error.
I added that math to reinforce what I had already written. It did not change the meaning of the post at all. The 'on average' was implied and I only added it for clarity. I'm getting tired of correcting your repeated false, confused, and condescending accusations. Anyway, have work to take care of.

Mairu said:
Do you just make up statements that you respond to to make your arguments sound better?
No.

mjemirzian said:

Do you like anything about this game? Mostly you seem to just be engaging in semantic arguments about whether or not the game is 'free' or an MMO.

If you hate the game so much, why are you discussing it?

jediyoshi

mjemirzian said:
Microtransaction based games are only free up to a certain point, at which you must pay to either keep playing or remain competitive with other paying players, or both. You are wrong and you have no logic to back yourself up with, only pathetic parroting of buzzwords you've heard from marketroids and advertisements that most certainly do not make up 'the entire industry'.
You need to stop reinforcing the fact you have such little insight on this game. Otherwise you'd know hitting the level cap alone is child's play without the use of paid items, there's no 'certain point' for there to be competition. Just because something applies to other games you lump in the same category doesn't mean they all work the same. Feel free to keep the hypocrisy up though, using the term 'microtransaction' doesn't put you above the jargon found from 'marketroids and advertisements'. If you want to keep ignoring the simple logic that you find yourself able to evaluate a game without having done the thing you continually accuse it of, that's perfectly fine by me.

mjemirzian said:
I asked for math on averages per day, not your cherry picked math based on certain days of the week.
There is literally no way I can break this down for you to more easily comprehend. Your question alone inherently proved the fact you misunderstood what I initially said.

Why would you ask for math on something I didn't make a comment on and then press on a response I made in reference to what I originally said? These forum posts aren't very far away from each other, feel free to actually reference them.

mjemirzian said:
You're under the delusion that I misunderstood you when you started talking about your cherry picked math, which I neither care about nor asked for.
Look, I'll bold the parts so you can follow along your error.
One might get the impression instead that between Thursday through Monday you can do 10-12 missions a day.
LOL. I'd love to see your math where you prove you can play 10-12 boat 2 or above missions a day on average.
And then there's this gem
It's 8-9 missions per day on average since they changed the token system (oops), but it was less before they made that change.. and it's definitely not 10-12.
I know you love your new term, but perhaps you should realize when 'cherry picking' is actually applicable. Thursday through Sunday make up 4 days. Here's the part where it gets tricky, Monday through Wednesday make up 3 days. Me focusing on how 'certain days of the week' isn't cherry picking when they just happen to be a majority of the week. These 'certain days of the week' are more relevant anyway since it's where people will be doing most of their playing anyway.

mjemirzian said:
Your 'very first response' is a nerd raging insult accusing someone of not playing the game they're writing about, based on my correct math that you only get 6-7 missions per day (that was before they added more tokens, but the math is still correct).
Nah, nerd raging is responding to a question with an emoticon by using a personal attack. Nice try.

mjemirzian said:
The 'on average' was implied and I only added it for clarity.
And no, I haven't edited any of my posts that you quoted. Looking at the quotes can confirm that.
:lol Are we allowed to lie now?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Have my doubts of the usefulness of shield bash, but I used it when I thought the boss had low HP on hard (9 fingers) and then this happened.

1Q9lg.jpg

Top Bottom