• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ShadowgeistX said:
Not sure if this is your issue, but did you check both east/west server? The characters are stored on only one server, so you can't really migrate from one to the other.

If your chars are really dead though, I don't mind helping you out if you want to rebuild one on west.
Looked under the account info on West where they were.
I actually had 3 accounts apparently (built up Nexon).
Maybe I made a throwaway one I cant remember. Leveling up fast via quests shouldn't be a big problem, but I don't feel like running all the way back up that far with the same character (and I only want Fiona).

OatmealMu

Greetings Mercenaries,

We are currently taking steps to remove items from Vindictus that were generated through use of exploits. Please be aware that the possession, use, distribution, exploitation or trading of any of these items is a clear violation of the user agreement and actions may be taken against your account up to and including permanent banning. Please report any instance of these items immediately and please do not attempt to attain, trade or use any of these items.

-The Vindictus Team-

I managed to find a forum dedicated to cheating in Vindictus. At some point, it was possible to spawn items, some that weren't even officially released yet. It may still be possible, but I can't be sure of that. I tried to avoid buying items with low drop rates from users that had stacks and stacks of them. Hopefully, nobody here gets caught in the crossfire.

If I'm not mistaken Vindictus is not only a client hosted game but it's on the very well documented source engine with built in sv_cheats commands to boot. Based on that it'd be impossible to stop hackers from having their way with the game.

I wouldn't be opposed to speed hacking to skip or run through the endlessly repetitive rooms of trash.. just saying.

ArtistDude88 said:
I wouldn't mind a console command to kick the idiots out of my party :U

Not sure how other MMO's work, but normally, if you give players too much power like that, they'll abuse it. Left4Dead and Reach's online is awful because of it.

riceandbeans said:
Not sure how other MMO's work, but normally, if you give players too much power like that, they'll abuse it.

That may be so, but when I played Vindictus, the most infuriating thing to me were the people who joined your boat, then went AFK the whole run. And there was nothing you could do about it, except cancel your boat, and gyp the other people out of a run.

On the other hand, I could not describe the immense urge I had to kick people who used the "XD" emote. So the power to kick might not of been so righteous in my possession.

Man, I remember when people were complaining about the game not having enough content. Right now, I haven't even gotten through episode 5.

Deadly

Cow Mengde said:
Man, I remember when people were complaining about the game not having enough content. Right now, I haven't even gotten through episode 5.
Probably because we all stopped playing though :lol I'm sure if I didn't stop I'd be up there in the top levels and such. What sucks is that there's alot of content now but nobody makes the boats for them. I pretty much stopped playing (again) because of that.

Velion

Deadly said:
Probably because we all stopped playing though :lol I'm sure if I didn't stop I'd be up there in the top levels and such. What sucks is that there's alot of content now but nobody makes the boats for them. I pretty much stopped playing (again) because of that.
Probably because you have to do so many trash runs to progress.

Velion said:
Probably because you have to do so many trash runs to progress.

The only parts that were slow for me was getting from level 28-31 and 48-51. Seems like a pattern here. I've been playing less, but mainly because I don't have the time.

Deadly

Cow Mengde said:
The only parts that were slow for me was getting from level 28-31 and 48-51. Seems like a pattern here. I've been playing less, but mainly because I don't have the time.
By like 52-53, you're out of quests and you're going to have to start grinding Hidden for exp. This is when it starts to suck real bad.

Just got back to playing this game after a long break and I must say Dark Paladin looks awesome.
i56qW.jpg

Deadly said:
By like 52-53, you're out of quests and you're going to have to start grinding Hidden for exp. This is when it starts to suck real bad.

The game just got updated, so that won't be a problem for me.

Anony

havent played since the boat with the spiders (boat 4 i think)
just wondering, is there more chest boxes yet
2 was not enough, a major point for me to stop playing

Dreavus

Anony said:

I haven't played in months but I'm pretty sure that you have to buy extra chests with real money. The second one was a freebie.

Anony said:

You'll probably stop playing again then, boat 6 gives you one more chest and it's still far from enough.

Slowly but surely, I'm crawling up to the lvl 70 level cap.
I think the best looking set right now is the Chiulin set especially if you dye it correctly.
chiulin_set_1449276740.jpg

chiulin_set_253423386.jpg

chiulin_set_1870242573.jpg

I can only imagine how many millions of gold they spent on getting those matching armor color sets. Freaking hate the dye system.... Hope that gets reworked next (if it hasn't already).

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
ArtistDude88 said:
I can only imagine how many millions of gold they spent on getting those matching armor color sets. Freaking hate the dye system.... Hope that gets reworked next (if it hasn't already).

If it's anything like with the other Mabinogi it never will (least that I know of).

Dreavus

I keep meaning to play this a bit more but it's tough finding people for the boats I left the game on. I'm currently sitting around level 37. And to think I was stuck at the level cap months and months ago. I was thinking that I'd have a nice window of opportunity in a few weeks when Karok comes out and everyone rolls an alt. :lol

OatmealMu

Looking for items of a specific color on the market has always been a PITA. Unless you already have the item and a dye ampoule, it's nearly impossible to tell which part of an armor piece is colored what. I've decided to start charting weapon and armor colors. I only have one character -- an Evie -- and the later sets are expensive. So, doing this all by myself is... Yeah, it's not gonna happen.

So far, Temptress and a few staffs are done.

nRzl0.jpg

If anyone wants to lend a hand, I'd appreciate it. The guidelines are:

1. Show only a single armor piece or weapon at a time
2. Must take screenshot in avatar shop with no interface elements showing
3. Must fit into a 864x1080 space, as shown above
4. 4X AA and medium to high settings

Basically, have it look similar to what's shown above.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This game makes me wish I had a better PC. It runs -okay-, but my frames drop really low when the dual wielders start slashing stuff like crazy up close.

Is the NeoGAF guild still active?

Dreavus

Jesus. You guys know the "Red archer" quest with the 4 Sentinels at the end? An Evie and I ripped all of them to shreds in record time. They were all bunched in the hallway and after one freeze, a full Sword Lann combo with gliding fury, and a fire ball they were pretty much destroyed. Campfire bonus plus berserk plus an attack potion made us damage machines. We didn't even have time to try and kill a few of them with spears, lol.

Evie's spells are so awesome now. I spent a lot of my time in the game during the beta where there was just Lann and Fiona, and quit a little while after Evie was introduced (I made an alt that didn't really go anywhere). I hadn't really played with one since the spell revamp but those freezing spells are super useful. And she has lots of great support stuff to go with it. I also found out the hard way that a boss who is frozen mid-swing also thaws mid swing, so you have to back off before that happens, haha.

Kinda sucks that they hand out the cool stuff like SP skills so far into the game, at least as far as Lann is concerned. I just got Berserk and even though it's just a damage buff for the party, having an action bar to manage makes things at least a little more interesting combat-wise. Looking forward to a few more skills in that regard later on.

any way to play this from eu?
wanna try some new gist every now and then..
been a wow player since day one, and.. meh can't be arsed to play nowdays..

When did they add the new dye system? Is it any better than the "lol spin the wheel of random dyes for all your gold!"?

And, KAROK! I'm updating right now to see what this beast is all about.

OatmealMu

Deadly said:
Unless you're the type who idles and let's others do the mission, who cares?

It's a cooperative game. It should be about getting to the end of a dungeon and defeating the boss with the help of peers. Putting numbers out for everyone to see is yet another tool for players to pass judgment on others. I don't want another level 44 cap situation. Not a Lann and want a group for Laghodessa? Too bad. You're getting kicked.

OatmealMu

I've never seen so many people in Colhen before. The patch notes mentioned a fix to forced channel switching. Must have done the job...

Ga4fX.jpg

LOL after an hour or so (lost track of time) of playing Karok, he's really a lot fun. I love doing his grapple smash attacks... Makes you feel so badass.

Deadly

The amounts of Karoks is quite funny. Also the ranking system isn't even working yet so you shouldn't even worry about it :lol

Top Bottom