• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Omnicent

Cow Mengde said:
LOL, I gotta make me a Karok later.

You better or else....

x0zgnd.jpg

I'll have to come after you (Karok is amazingly fun to play, so get to it!)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Anyone in any active guilds around here? I'm looking for some people to pal around with.

Dreavus

tangmaster96 said:
Anyone know what the 7 day cadet badge was

Isn't it a temporary equip item gives you extra armor and luck? They took the stat bonuses out of alternate hair styles and made them their own item (the badges).

Unicorn

Took a break from this game, but looking to get back in. I'm only level 16 and on the West servers. I'm a Fiona. My name in-game is Yagya.

OatmealMu

If anyone needs a Goldsmith on East, I'm ready and willing. Give me the materials and I'll craft the item no charge. My proficiency level is currently 240.

"Can't you just make a US account and play on the East servers?"

No and yes.

The game blocks IPs outside of NA, but you can get around that, technically.

frequency

So after hearing that this is kind of like Monster Hunter, I downloaded it and played some this weekend

At first I couldn't see the MH comparison and was pretty bummed out. I wasn't sure I was going to keep playing but this last play session, it just kinda clicked. I got through the beginner quests (I think?) and a new area appeared on my boat map thingy. At that time I was still pretty much wearing the starting armor, but then I got some gloves off the Gnoll Chieftain (?). I saw it was a set so I looked into it and next thing I knew, I was farming that one mission to get more red leather and some shoulder thingy to craft the chest piece.

When I realized what I was doing I couldn't help but giggle with glee. So now that I think I may be hooked, I wouldn't mind trying some of these missions with other players. I'm afraid to join random groups because I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to drag them down. Everyone in town has really cool looking armor so I assume there aren't many new people like me playing.

So if anyone else here has just recently started or wouldn't mind playing with a total newbie, look me up! I'm on East server, name Siyena. I'm the sword+shield class. I think I'm level 12 or something but I wouldn't mind playing with lower level people. You'll probably be better than me anyway.

Also, is there anywhere I can store all these crafting materials and old armor? My inventory is full. And can I turn off the helmet graphic during missions? I can only seem to do it in town. My current helm looks silly.

frequency said:
So after hearing that this is kind of like Monster Hunter, I downloaded it and played some this weekend

At first I couldn't see the MH comparison and was pretty bummed out. I wasn't sure I was going to keep playing but this last play session, it just kinda clicked. I got through the beginner quests (I think?) and a new area appeared on my boat map thingy. At that time I was still pretty much wearing the starting armor, but then I got some gloves off the Gnoll Chieftain (?). I saw it was a set so I looked into it and next thing I knew, I was farming that one mission to get more red leather and some shoulder thingy to craft the chest piece.

When I realized what I was doing I couldn't help but giggle with glee. So now that I think I may be hooked, I wouldn't mind trying some of these missions with other players. I'm afraid to join random groups because I have no idea what I'm doing and I don't want to drag them down. Everyone in town has really cool looking armor so I assume there aren't many new people like me playing.

So if anyone else here has just recently started or wouldn't mind playing with a total newbie, look me up! I'm on East server, name Siyena. I'm the sword+shield class. I think I'm level 12 or something but I wouldn't mind playing with lower level people. You'll probably be better than me anyway.

Also, is there anywhere I can store all these crafting materials and old armor? My inventory is full. And can I turn off the helmet graphic during missions? I can only seem to do it in town. My current helm looks silly.

Don't be afraid to group, unless you majorly fuck up you will be fine. And grouping will make you learn a lot of good stuff.

frequency

cartoon_soldier said:
Don't be afraid to group, unless you majorly fuck up you will be fine. And grouping will make you learn a lot of good stuff.
Do I need to worry about tanking and stuff like that? Will people be mad if I'm not really contributing a whole lot?

I'm concerned about grouping because the last time I randomly group in an online game was Pangya. And the 2 games I played, the other person just kept yelling at me and making rude comments as I was trying to learn the game. It was in beginner courses and stuff. That experience kind of soured all random groupings for these types of games for me.
I'm enjoying the game right now. But I know if I have another incident like that, I'd probably just stop playing as my fragile spirit will just be crushed. Then I'd cry.

frequency said:
Do I need to worry about tanking and stuff like that? Will people be mad if I'm not really contributing a whole lot?

I'm concerned about grouping because the last time I randomly group in an online game was Pangya. And the 2 games I played, the other person just kept yelling at me and making rude comments as I was trying to learn the game. It was in beginner courses and stuff. That experience kind of soured all random groupings for these types of games for me.
I'm enjoying the game right now. But I know if I have another incident like that, I'd probably just stop playing as my fragile spirit will just be crushed. Then I'd cry.
Later when you are facing larger enemies blocking with your shield helps tremendously in staying alive.

Sad to say but your inventory will always be full, down the line in the main story quest, you will obtain more storage chest, but you may also buy permanent storage chest from the NX Depot.

Helmet graphic cannot be turned off during a run, I believe it needs to be displayed to show your armor condition.

frequency

Cloudius12 said:
Later when you are facing larger enemies blocking with your shield helps tremendously in staying alive.

Sad to say but your inventory will always be full, down the line in the main story quest, you will obtain more storage chest, but you may also buy permanent storage chest from the NX Depot.

Helmet graphic cannot be turned off during a run, I believe it needs to be displayed to show your armor condition.
Thanks for the responses!

I tried blocking the Gnoll Chieftain (big red guy with a hammer), but he goes right through my shield. So I just assumed I couldn't block large baddies. Do I just need to get a better shield to block the bigger enemies? I still have the beginner wooden shield.

I'm not invested enough to spend real money for more storage. Is there any easy way, other than google, to tell what materials are safe for me to sell/discard?

I didn't know armor condition was displayed graphically. That's cool if it is.

frequency said:

I tried blocking the Gnoll Chieftain (big red guy with a hammer), but he goes right through my shield. So I just assumed I couldn't block large baddies. Do I just need to get a better shield to block the bigger enemies? I still have the beginner wooden shield.

I'm not invested enough to spend real money for more storage. Is there any easy way, other than google, to tell what materials are safe for me to sell/discard?

You need to learn Heavy Stander to block certain moves. The only move you can block at first is his kick. All his other moves has to be blocked with Heavy Stander. I think you learn it shortly after beating him.

frequency said:

Depending on your level and what gear you are looking to craft, you may look at http://www.vindictuswiki.com/wiki/Vindictus_Wiki
This tell you what armor you can make and what materials needed.

As for Armor condition, it just pretty much the helm is broken or not, Helmet that are not displayed in dungeon is most likely broken.

frequency

Cow Mengde said:
You need to learn Heavy Stander to block certain moves. The only move you can block at first is his kick. All his other moves has to be blocked with Heavy Stander. I think you learn it shortly after beating him.
Thanks! I should pay more attention to what the skills actually do... heh.

Cloudius12 said:
Depending on your level and what gear you are looking to craft, you may look at http://www.vindictuswiki.com/wiki/Vindictus_Wiki
This tell you what armor you can make and what materials needed.

As for Armor condition, it just pretty much the helm is broken or not, Helmet that are not displayed in dungeon is most likely broken.
Thanks for the link. I'll have to bookmark that for future reference.

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm almost confident enough to give random grouping a try. I might try another class first though. I think I was getting some experience bonus over the weekend and I feel like I leveled too fast and haven't learned what I was supposed to know by this level.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
At the rate DFO is failing, I might just play this instead. Fucking Nexon and their shenanigans.

Omnicent

Anyone else looking forward to Boat 8 on the 13th? It should be a good step up in difficulty I hope.

Just got stage 2 for my Karok. I am now Megatron!
2rcpth4.jpg

oh an to all the Lann haters out there (not on gaf, but on the official forums... yesh)
1zlzthk.jpg

Omnicent said:
Anyone else looking forward to Boat 8 on the 13th? It should be a good step up in difficulty I hope.

Just got stage 2 for my Karok. I am now Megatron!

oh an to all the Lann haters out there (not on gaf, but on the official forums... yesh)
dam you maxed all your skills already? I have a few to go. Taking a break from this game didnt help either.
id2fe8.jpg

id2hmG.jpg

Anybody here actually hosting boats for raids and such? I'm kinda curious as to what kind of processor/gpu you would need to host a raid or sewer run. My laptop can barely handle a 6-man raid and dips a little hard during an 8-man raid. It's consistently slowing down in sewers too, it's getting harder to play while hosting the duo runs I do with my friend.

I'm East coast and I played on the West server, and I always hosted... People usually had ~medium latency and I had no problems... Well, I did get some choppiness in that first area of Hidden with all those spiders, 8 people, and settings on max, but yeah, lol.

I don't know much about laptops, but my desktop has a quad core 2.83 GHz, 6GB RAM, and an HD5850...

Cow Mengde said:
Also max out campfire right away. Then cry as while you make a campfire everyone busts up your stuff and leaves you behind. then sit at the campfire and watch no one sit with you. then watch as everyone around you dies as you constantly heavy stander block and regnerate armor

Wow, bringing spears into the golem fight is a horrible idea lol...I think I did better than most of the lanns in the party, but the fight is still not very spear-friendly.

I'll probably finish up the second half of the new content tomorrow.

Cloudius12 said:
Typical Golem fights are easy and fast unless you go for the all break. Takes like 30-40 min >.<

Yesterday's party took about 50-55 mins...today's strangely amazing party took 20-25 minutes.

Fun fact though, if you stand under the golem when it dies, it falls on you and is pretty much a 1HKO. Either that or I was hella unlucky today lol

Ken

Cloudius12 said:
It's pretty much out of beta already, and have recently released Part 1 of Episode 8.
Ok, so it's already considered released and there won't be character wipes?

How is the online population now?

Einbroch

Banned
Love, love, love this game.

However, I'm getting disconnected every 20 minutes or so. In the middle of dungeon runs, in town, in buildings, etc. If it doesn't fix itself I don't know if I can play anymore. :(

Ken said:
Ok, so it's already considered released and there won't be character wipes?

How is the online population now?
Yep, No wipes.

There is more interest in this game than before I think. I'm seeing alot more people play this game.

Einbroch said:
Love, love, love this game.

However, I'm getting disconnected every 20 minutes or so. In the middle of dungeon runs, in town, in buildings, etc. If it doesn't fix itself I don't know if I can play anymore. :(
You get the disconnect message?
Hopefully, this is not a permanent problem, any other game you play online does the same?

Damn, I can't believe I'm saying this, but new content is coming way too fast. A new episode just came out and I haven't even finished the last one. Granted I'm busy playing other games, but then when am I not playing multiple games?

Top Bottom