• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just started this last night with my buddy. Not sure what it was like at launch, but so far the game seems really fun and super polished!

Cow Mengde said:
European version to be shown in Gamescom in a few days! You're getting the Extreme Edition!

http://news.mmosite.com/content/201...ctus_to_meet_players_at_gamescom_2011,1.shtml

The beta starts on September 11 for you guys.

Nice, think the facebook poll was pretty decisive then...

Funny part is that I ruined vindictus for my european friend by showing him this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmdi1arxws

and now he refuses to play vindictus when it comes out in europe and I can't convince him otherwise lol...

TheExodu5

Banned
Fuck. Just realized that I could have spent about 20k NX points instead of 29k by buying the supply shop vouchers instead of buying shit individually in the avatar shop.

OatmealMu

Fucking Glas, man... I need to watch some videos, because between how fast he attacks and the constant deaths, I had no idea what was going on.

You and me both. Some of his attacks are easy to dodge, but for some reason, the blue homing attack seems really hard to dodge for some reason.

I hope its gets nerfed or something. This guy will make you spend NX on GG if you have any and still die still you spent a ton.

OatmealMu

I just finished my first successful Glas run. Only a handful of deaths, too. The party was mostly Stevies, but I'm not sure if that played a huge role our survivability. He hits so hard... We constantly laid down Mana Pistols, which did seem to divert his (its'?) attention. Again, I couldn't see much of what was going on -- doubly so because I was hosting and my framerate went to hell. No lag complaints, though. I was under the impression that host frame lagging would affect clients. Maybe not.

Damn, I'm so behind with my characters. Stopped playing only after a few weeks the beta originally started. Just downloaded last night and have noticed the improvements, new characters, etc. I really missed the game but I really wish I was further along!

Edit: Found them

OatmealMu

New auction house coming. No longer web-based, apparently (THANK GOD).

nx2yk8.jpg

So we were supposed to register for the beta with the beta keys today, and they close the registration at midnight (already passed).

Only there wasn't any place to enter the beta keys?....

Seems like noone gives a fuck about this game anyhow the thread is dead:p

Ok, I've played a bit, level 8, it seems that its like the original american beta in terms of content but with all the improvements of the ..Extreme Version is called? Also to play without extreme lag (damn proxies, they made me quit the game) and using a controller (DS3+Motionjoy) is so good. This closed beta stays until the 19th, but I have a few friends hyped for the open beta and the release of the game. If some eurogaffer wants to play, I don't know exactly how to find players in the game, but we could arrange some parties. Just post here or PM me.

This game is so very very good... I'm Zektbach in-game if anyone feels like contacting me. I love that you get to wreck everything on the ship before entering a dungeon. Game is great yeah.

Ponti

Got up to Lvl12, holy crap this game is fun. The rehashed Ruins area is starting to drag on a bit but I like that you can power through the battles in 5 mins or so in a party. I can see this causing carpal tunnel syndrome after a few hours of straight raiding.

Ponti said:
Got up to Lvl12, holy crap this game is fun. The rehashed Ruins area is starting to drag on a bit but I like that you can power through the battles in 5 mins or so in a party. I can see this causing carpal tunnel syndrome after a few hours of straight raiding.
That friendship sword battle, where you fight off against 100 Veteran Gnolls and then the captain made my hands feel crippled afterwards. Intense stuff. I like that you can sit around the campfire to gain buffs and just shoot the shit with the other people sitting there. Such a good game.

I logged after a very long time and saw a friend request from Artistdude, but it disappeared lol
I don't if I really going to play this game ever again. Perhaps when there is surge of new players that are interested from GAF, I might. I do try to spend my "idled" Ap lol.

Naeblish

Have been playing the EU closed beta over the weekend. The game is really fun, i like the fast and action packed combat, the fact that there is always something to do, that missions are short and you gain so much stuff and bonuses all the time. The quest/mission/hub system took some getting used to, but it's really nicely done when you get used to it.

I do wonder how long the combat remains interesting though. I played as Lann (lvl 18) and only have 1 "real" skill, all the rest is the standard left/right mouse button combination. What i saw from the skill list is you gain 1 or 2 more active skills, all the rest is passive. Unless i have missed some combinations that give the combat more depth, i see it becoming stale very fast.

Valygar

I've tried the closed EU beta and enjoyed it a lot. It's a Monster Hunter MMORPG from my perspective, it's almost the same.

Good things:

-Physics!
-Lots of things can be destroyed.
-Hack n Slash action!
-"Achievements" (Titles)
-Crafting
-Nice graphics and typical jrpg UI (well, might not be nice for some)

Bad things:

-Might be repetitive

As I see it, it's a mmorpg so it must be repetitive at the end, but at least the combat is fun! I tried to get the Gnoll Kicker title and after obtaining it, I kept trying to kick the enemies as the last attack, cuz the physics are awesome.

I'm going to definitively play this when it's open beta in EU.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whoa, this is like out and playable now?

Can somebody answer me some quick questions?

1. Is the version that it offers me to download at http://vindictus.nexon.net/ what everyone is playing?
2. East server or west server?
3. Can I have an enjoyable time here without spending any money?

A physics-based action MMORPG seems pretty up my alley.

Hawkian said:
Whoa, this is like out and playable now?

Can somebody answer me some quick questions?

1. Is the version that it offers me to download at http://vindictus.nexon.net/ what everyone is playing?
2. East server or west server?
3. Can I have an enjoyable time here without spending any money?

A physics-based action MMORPG seems pretty up my alley.

1. Yes, just be sure to uninstall that Pando Media Booster shit they install along with the downloader thing (if they still do that)
2. I'm not sure if many Gaffers still play... I think there were a few on West... But pick whichever is more convenient to you (instances are hosted by P2P, fyi).
3. Yes!

Sorry for the "quick" response D:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
No problem, thanks!

Do you still play? On West? If there's at least one person I could meet up with in-game I'd probably give it a shot. :p

Yeah, I'm on West! I log in every now and then (maybe once a week) to spend my idle points. Sometimes if I feel up to it I'll run the daily instances... Smashing stuff is so therapeutic at times :D

I'm on west too, and I'm willing to help out, just send me a PM. I've kinda taken a break, since most of my friend list is grayed out almost all the time. To make things worse, most of my msn list is full of mac-converts, so vindictus is out of reach for them, and the rest are well...lazy or unwilling. The actual break came after I got tired dealing with randoms and their shenanigans, lol...

Regardless, I'll play if I have someone to play with, otherwise I'll just log in once in a little while.

Well I've been playing for a year now and loving every minute of it. Best part about it is it's NOT pay to win. This is the only F2P MMO without such a reputation.

Oh, it seems I can't play Nexon Games anymore. I got a message telling me I had to change my pass before I could play any games. But you need your last name, and date of birth in order to do that, and I'm pretty sure I just put random stuff in there when I signed up, so :/ .

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm surprised at how impressive the graphics engine is and the controls are pretty tight.

Unfortunately after the prologue I couldn't board the boat to the first Mission, "server response delayed"?

I don't know why, but I have a strange urge to get some permanent hair or inner armor for my char (need 9900NX). I'm doing the "Earn Free NX" shit, and it's hilarious how many hoops you have to jump through to get the NX! I feel sorry for all the kids playing, wanting NX, and entering in real information to these scam sites.

EDIT: After about an hour or 2 bullshitting surveys, watching ads, and even registering a bullshit email to register to crap with, I made about 2000NX. Some time ago, I made another 2000NX that I don't remember doing. I also have 750NX from some prepaid event? (I've never given this game money... *shrug*). ONLY 5000NX TO GO!

Why am I torturing myself for this game LOL

Top Bottom