• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

The new content is a huge welcome, considering I was starting to get bored with the game after the level cap. Haven't even touched the Gauntlet mode yet, just been mashing away at the story quests.

A lot of them are funny and interesting and the new quests are tough. That's not even counting the raids. I've had some awesome battles already and mishaps too by incapacitating my whole team by accident with the stupid spike machine.

Omnicent

Yeah there is a lot of content with this update. I should be able to hit 51 tonight and that will put me near the 1/2 point mission wise. Even then I will have to check out hero mode a few times to see how it is.

Hero mode and new raid bosses look pretty cool.

Really wish there were more than a few attacks per character. Played it a bit again and it just gets stale doing the same LLR, LLLR, etc. over and over and over.

Omnicent

Ok, Irukul is retardedly hard. Normal Macha and we only managed 1 bar out of 10.
Simply put he makes Blood Lord look lol. Going to need good coordination and use chain hooks (front left leg and back right leg).

Omnicent said:
Ok, Irukul is retardedly hard. Normal Macha and we only managed 1 bar out of 10.
Simply put he makes Blood Lord look lol. Going to need good coordination and use chain hooks (front left leg and back right leg).

Fuck yeah! What level you need to get him?

Been messing around with Vindictus when I'm bored. Some videos of hero mode and irukul and later raid bosses look impressive. I don't suppose I could magically become lv 50 without having to corridor run through insane amounts of trash and easy bosses?

Cow Mengde said:
Damn, I have a lot of catching up to do. There's so much new content too. I haven't even gotten my Spider Lord set.

Same here. Running out of space with all the different armors and it's too expensive. I'm just gonna skip it.

Omnicent

Video of a Spear Lann solo Irukul. It's not the full video(youtube time cap), but from what I have read on other forums he was successful and hopefully someone will post the full video in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ne5T3Z5dfc

I'm mostly a sword lann, but a lot of what this guy does is applicable.
I have been breaking down the video to up my Lann skills for this fight.

Oh and the Serinity are awesome swords.

Hello all! I've been playing Vindictus on and off for a good while. It's pretty dang fun!

Was wondering if there's an active NeoGAF guild around on the West server? I did a small bit of combing through the pages...Zero Tokens still active?

I have a guild with a whopping 2 other people in it, lol. They were cool, but they seem to of stopped logging in sometime before the Blood Lord update...

Would just like some people to talk to in-game, heh.

ArtistDude88 said:
Hello all! I've been playing Vindictus on and off for a good while. It's pretty dang fun!

Was wondering if there's an active NeoGAF guild around on the West server? I did a small bit of combing through the pages...Zero Tokens still active?

I have a guild with a whopping 2 other people in it, lol. They were cool, but they seem to of stopped logging in sometime before the Blood Lord update...

Would just like some people to talk to in-game, heh.

There's a GAF west guild, but I have no clue how active it is.

ACE 1991

So now that I have a rig capable of running this game well, I'm thinking of jumping in. How repetitive is the quest design and combat? Also, is group play fun? I hope to play this with a couple of kids from my dorm.

ACE 1991 said:
So now that I have a rig capable of running this game well, I'm thinking of jumping in. How repetitive is the quest design and combat? Also, is group play fun? I hope to play this with a couple of kids from my dorm.

Depends. Some quests are repetitive, while others are quick and painless. Evie staff combat is very repetitive so I changed to Scythe. Other characters are great. They learn more moves as they level up, so it might not seem like there's a lot of variety at first. But a lot of people then to forget about the grapple moves in this game.

Cow Mengde said:
Depends. Some quests are repetitive, while others are quick and painless. Evie staff combat is very repetitive so I changed to Scythe. Other characters are great. They learn more moves as they level up, so it might not seem like there's a lot of variety at first. But a lot of people then to forget about the grapple moves in this game.

Nothing more satisfying than a run every now and then of nothing but grapple kills and object smashes. :)

Omnicent

mjemirzian said:
Oh boy.. next they can add the spitter, smoker, boomer.. wait what game was this again?

He does look pretty cool though.
Well thats an enemy from the original Mabinogi (the sequel).

OatmealMu said:
Updated Stevie gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68XeSCoGOM0

Better video with some sort of gem shield thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwMOTKYDGzM

Wow, they made staff Evie look a lot more fun and involved! Still concerned about the lame bunny hop dodge though.

I bet there will be many funny boss screencaps of the crystallized Evies flying around.

Any idea when this skill rework be around to NA? My Evie is level 35 and I'm just letting her rot, lol.

OatmealMu

ArtistDude88 said:
Wow, they made staff Evie look a lot more fun and involved! Still concerned about the lame bunny hop dodge though.

I bet there will be many funny boss screencaps of the crystallized Evies flying around.

Any idea when this skill rework be around to NA? My Evie is level 35 and I'm just letting her rot, lol.

She's getting a dodge called Flying Sparrow.

I can't find it now, but I watched a video yesterday of a revamped Stevie fighting a Tyrant. While using Mana Amber, the Tyrant knocked her into the air. When she was still airborne, the shield disappeared, and Evie took damage from the fall. I think we'll see a lot of instances of Stevies being thrown off the map. Also of note, Mana Amber used to be able to get breaks on bosses. Basically, you'd wait for the boss charge, and at the last moment use Mana Amber. It could also stun bosses, too. Kind of overpowered, so it was removed.

As far as I know, the update has already been released on Korea's test servers. I believe Korea is on Boat 8, so I hope we don't have to wait that long to get the update. It's been a long time coming.

Fiona could use some love next...

OatmealMu said:
She's getting a dodge called Flying Sparrow.

I can't find it now, but I watched a video yesterday of a revamped Stevie fighting a Tyrant. While using Mana Amber, the Tyrant knocked her into the air. When she was still airborne, the shield disappeared, and Evie took damage from the fall. I think we'll see a lot of instances of Stevies being thrown off the map. Also of note, Mana Amber used to be able to get breaks on bosses. Basically, you'd wait for the boss charge, and at the last moment use Mana Amber. It could also stun bosses, too. Kind of overpowered, so it was removed.

As far as I know, the update has already been released on Korea's test servers. I believe Korea is on Boat 8, so I hope we don't have to wait that long to get the update. It's been a long time coming.

Fiona could use some love next...

Flying Sparrow looks to be useful, and even deal some a small amount of damage too, nice.
The crystal thing was already removed? Aww... Oh well.

I really like playing my Fiona. Counter-Attacking feels badass.

SneakyStephan said:
edit: wait what: is this game available everywhere now?
I thought this was IP locked for NA only?

As far as I know it's still NA and Korean only still :(
I've heard of people using proxies to play NA though...

Erasus said:
I know its been posted, but here is a pretty good Staff Evie vid with the new skills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkOqPkyf-s&hd=1

Holy cow!

I'll laugh if that Succubus boss is cut from the NA version

ArtistDude88 said:
Holy cow!

I'll laugh if that Succubus boss is cut from the NA version

I think there's a big possibility of them censoring the boss fight, especially considering how many dumb and immature players are in the community now. You can strip and break her outfit down to a bondage outfit that consists of nothing but some straps covering her tits and vag. And PVP is coming out soon. I'm expecting Lann players to dominate as usual.

Deadly

OatmealMu said:
Whoa, since when were we able to store so much AP? I haven't logged in for weeks and came back to 1000 AP waiting for me.
Since the new patch apparently. Won't have to come back every couple of days to spend my AP now.

I'm sorta tired of the game already, even with the new content updates. I launch boats, it sometimes takes like 15+ minutes or more for people to join. This shit isn't fun when you need to get a specific oath or item and it's way too hard to beat certain bosses on your own.

riceandbeans said:
I'm sorta tired of the game already, even with the new content updates. I launch boats, it sometimes takes like 15+ minutes or more for people to join. This shit isn't fun when you need to get a specific oath or item and it's way too hard to beat certain bosses on your own.

It was pretty annoying getting a party for the new boat, but things have gotten much better in the past week. That said, I think because they ramped up the challenge that things are getting more exciting. I love the tough new bosses and trying to solo run is fun.

I looked at the crafting system.. holy crap, it's pure Korean grindfest hell. 5 minutes just to craft an item, watching a bar move across the screen?

There's some challenging raid content in the game now but still way too much trash and endless running through the same identical rooms over and over..

Darg

Neo Member
Next episode we will finally be having a change in dungeon/level looks, can't wait for it since no more copy and pasting so they look the same (boats 1-6). Kind of hoped they would cap the level's at 65 instead of 70 (Huge grind at the moment from the previous levels, but i suppose episode 7 and 8 quests will help shorten the gap). Atleast the gear's requirement's cap at 61.

Dreavus

mjemirzian said:
I looked at the crafting system.. holy crap, it's pure Korean grindfest hell. 5 minutes just to craft an item, watching a bar move across the screen?

There's some challenging raid content in the game now but still way too much trash and endless running through the same identical rooms over and over..

Agreed. I love fighting bosses (werewolves were my favourite fight so far) but the levels themselves just feel extremely pointless. Like in the second prairies area; I'm still chilling in my old blood prince armor and the level portions are still a joke, but when I get to the boss he deals significant damage and is actually a threat to me. They need to do something about the levels to make them more interesting.

OatmealMu

A Monster Hunter approach would be kind of cool. Bosses roam the various areas and the mobs are there to spice up battles or for farming.

Dreavus said:
Agreed. I love fighting bosses (werewolves were my favourite fight so far) but the levels themselves just feel extremely pointless. Like in the second prairies area; I'm still chilling in my old blood prince armor and the level portions are still a joke, but when I get to the boss he deals significant damage and is actually a threat to me. They need to do something about the levels to make them more interesting.

They try with some of the traps, but I agree, the dungeons are a chore and annoying at lot of times with all the stupid bombs going off. Bosses are also super easy now thanks to high level players transforming and making everything a breeze. I'm losing interest fast in the game. It feels boring and finding people for boats now is too hard.

Ferny

I just started playing it and man its a fun game! The dungeons don't feel like a drag...yet. I am still getting into all the different systems and stuff, but it feels really good.

I'd suggest that they reduce the amount of rooms in all the 4 man dungeons by 1-2 and make the crafting system less evil, and reduce the insane mat requirements for the boat 6 armor sets, but that would make it less of a Korean style grindfest. Oh well.

Top Bottom