• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

GhaleonQ

My 1st post back deservedly goes to the 1st best 3-d/2nd best all-time fighting game out there.

GhaleonQ on Playstation 3 is ready to go!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Update can't come fast enough. Push the button, Chen. ;__;

Vanilla isn't already on the store though, right? If it's not, it doesn't make sense that they'd release it digitally the same day as FS. Talk about market confusion. I'm betting FS.

wtf it's free for PSN+ subscribers? i was about to add some points to my XBL account but i'm already a PS+ member so if its free for download tomorrow i'll just do that!

Yeah, if you dropped money on PSN+ Specifically just to get FS, you're going to get suckered. As mentioned, even if it happens to be FS and not just VF5 vanilla, you lose access to the game when your PSN+ runs out.

fernoca

At the press conference I remember seeing the "vanilla" cover; not this new one.

EDIT:
Yep:

http://i.imgur.com/wy21c.png

But who knows. At least based on the conference, which is what that article based their post; is not Final Showdown. Guess we'll know for sure in a few hours.

EDIT 2:
Confirmed that is Final Showdown! ;)

Coxy

yeah but it does mean there should be a bunch of unexpected people playing on ps3, it's a nice community fluffer

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
And to add to that, the image on the EU blog is the same VF5 image that the US blog uses.

I'm hoping it's just a matter of misbranding or just "eh, it's this game" and not that we get VF5 vanilla and they get FS.

Yeah, they really need to get their act together. Signals are getting mixed. Which region's store goes up first. When the store changes for them we will know whats up.

GrayFoxPL

Maybe on US side they thought:"If Tekken 6 BR is Tekken 6, then let's drop the FS too."

But vanila was released,lol.

Pookmunki

It's billed as PS+ Game of the Month in Europe so I would be incredibly surprised if thenUS version is vanilla.

Should be PS+ GOTMFF though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I got 3 months of psn+ for free since I had some best buy credit. Guess ill be jumping in.

bumpkin

On one hand, pretty psyched to see that VF: Final Showdown is a PS+ freebie this month. On the other hand, it figures that the arcade stick I own is Xbox 360.

OSHAN

Per the blog:

NA:

7341196428_21d0428ef8_z.jpg

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
First post updated with gamertags/profile names and the PSN Plus offer!

SykoTech

PS+ deal is nice I guess, but I'll just stick with buying it.

Hopefully all the people getting it for free will spark some more interest for the franchise in the west.

Sayah

This makes me happy.
And I didn't see vanilla VF5 on PSN so it's pretty much going to be Final Showdown.

Per the blog:

NA:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8148/7341196428_21d0428ef8_z.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Man I love PS+. I just hope they have a good/fair way of keeping the games once they switch from the PS3 to PS4.

I'll tell my brother about this and maybe he can download it for himself.

Top Bottom