• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Card Boy

Banned
$18.25 on Aussie PSN? Day 1. Finally a pub that is fair with regional prices. If this was Capcom the game would be $23.95

Tizoc

Hmm so which store to get it from...EU or US?

I don't think it's a bad game, I just don't like the way it feels. So fuck Tekken. All due respect to the people that play it, though.

Aren't you the guy who will be all over the JoJo fighting game if it gets released to PSN & XBL?

Kazoo

XBL: SG Kazo

I am there hour 1! I'll retire my other copy because this will be the only fighter I play for a loooooong time.

Caj814

Wow currently going through VF4:Evo's tutorial again and there was a lot of tech I forgot about over the years while other's. I have improved on drastically since I first went through it. Really glad I'm getting a refersher before doing the FS trial's.

Special Sparring is a single-player mode where you fight customised AI characters, kinda like quest mode but without the quest, or like SC5's quick match thingy. I don't think there are any rewards/unlocks/achievements tied to it, it's just an extra mode for those with all the DLC (and I think you do need all of it).

Couldn't tell ya yet. None of the DLC is out yet! :(

Yeah I'm disappointed none of the DLC is available yet. I got most of the achievements in 30 mins. This is the Daytona USA of fighting games feels like, but just like Daytona, I know I will come back.

Zia

Hey, someone decide for me what console to get this on. I have absolutely no preference, nor friends who'll also be playing.

: (

"Hey, someone decide for me what console to get this on. I have absolutely no preference, nor friends who'll also be playing.

: ("

It's 15$. Double dip.

Grifter

Day 1 here, but I don't know who to use yet. I try to use someone different in each VF. Looking at Jean and Eileen now cuz it's been so long and I'm bored of looking at the old cast. Past characters I've settled on (Wolf is my overarching alt):

VF1 - Jacky
VF2 - Akira
VF3 - Akira
VF4 - Aoi
VF4:E - Brad
VF5 - El Blaze

Would love to train with guys here. I'm in western NY on 360, GT - Grifter 181.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The netplay is really, REALLY smooth.

Dachande

I will be away at my parents' house on Weds until Saturday night. No VF for me for a few days. :(

I shall, however, be double-dipping I think...

Wednesday is a national holiday here in Sweden, but it won't get here until evening. Thinking of taking the rest of the week off...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, but...

You can select from music from all the previous VFs in the options. :)

GrayFoxPL

I'm in the middle of America, he was on one of the coasts. Not a perfect test, but it's somethin'.

I can get 3 bars with half of Americans from freaking Poland in SCV. I hope this will be similar. Vanilla 360 had nice netcode, though ease of abusing d+p was a problem.

DR2K

Banned
I can get 3 bars with half of Americans from freaking Poland in SCV. I hope this will be similar. Vanilla 360 had nice netcode, though ease of abusing d+p was a problem.

Eh it had more to do with their viability than netcode.

IIRC low jabs were nerfed in one revision of VF5. Not sure which ones.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
WTF is this: The PS Blog just listed VF5: FS Complete Edition for PSN tomorrow, and the description says,

" Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but will also compete for prizes and earn in-game money through the match to buy many items at an in-game shop."

Wuh?

No separate DLC item packs for PSN version? Old press description inadvertently sent to the Sony Monkey?

DR2K

Banned
WTF is this: The PS Blog just listed VF5: FS Complete Edition for PSN tomorrow, and the description says,

" Players will not only achieve victory by defeating highly-skilled opponents, but will also compete for prizes and earn in-game money through the match to buy many items at an in-game shop."

Wuh?

No separate DLC item packs for PSN version? Old press description inadvertently sent to the Sony Monkey?

I imagine it's an old press release.

Birbo

Tempted to get this. Used to be such a VF junkie; bought a Saturn day one for VF2 which probably saved me money from going to the arcade in the long run. I have VF5 on the 360, but didn't put a whole lot of time into it and haven't touched it in years. Wondering if there's enough differences to warrant a purchase from me. Maybe I should play a few rounds of VF5 and see if it rekindles my interest.

At any rate, hope you guys enjoy it!

RS4-

Man, replaying the time attack command mode and some things I just can't do.

Like the Wolf max input speed throw after the 43P move, same with the Jeffry KK 236PG move.

Bah fuck, I'll just wait until FS lol

I thought XBLA games released on Tue. Am I mis-remembering? Do they drop at 12am PST?

Nope, XBLA games have always been released on Wednesdays (with the exception of a few games that have released on Fridays but these are rare). They usually release around 2AM PST.

Top Bottom