• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

VF Complete edition on PSN for $30 for the first two weeks. Will jump back to $45 after.

Android/iPhone app released today with the moveset (no idea about frame data) for .99

RS4-

VF Complete edition on PSN for $30 for the first two weeks. Will jump back to $45 after.

Android/iPhone app released today with the moveset (no idea about frame data) for .99

What's this about a CE? I'm assuming all the costumes and such? This on 360 as well?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So for two weeks theres a special offer on PSN: VF5 FS Complete Edition for $29.99
(The game and all the DLC)

Press Release

So for two weeks theres a special offer on PSN: VF5 FS Complete Edition for $29.99

Press Release

I'm actually 5 bucks short for that version. I don't want to use my credit card on PSN, though. Man, I wish online retailers still sold $10 codes or something.

But that's interesting news; it's sneaky, but it's a good way to get people interested early.

Press Release
shDYu.gif

This game keeps on giving. Put it in my PS3 right now. Right now.

alstein

I'm actually 5 bucks short for that version. I don't want to use my credit card on PSN, though. Man, I wish online retailers still sold $10 codes or something.

But that's interesting news; it's sneaky, but it's a good way to get people interested early.

You can use then delete CC info on PSN, just like Steam. That's what I do.

Sayah

Please excuse my ignorance, but this is the first time I'm waiting on an update for xbox. When does MS usually update?

It releases on 360 tomorrow, I think. Only PSN today. Not sure of the update times. Still waiting for PSN to update myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVMVZJQ-m2k
It's not exactly VF, but it might be relevant to your interests. Check it out during the excruciating wait for Final Showdown.

I WANT IT

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Players choosing to purchase Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown on PSN will have the option to purchase the “Complete Edition” for $29.99, which includes the full game and all character customization DLC. Complete Edition is a limited time offer and will only be available for two weeks after launch. PlayStation®Plus subscribers will be able to download Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown free from PSN for one month after launch, and will have the option to purchase character customization DLC bundle packs for 20% off for two weeks from launch.
place to be is ps3 apparently.

alstein

Watched the UltraChen VF segments...they haven't really explored a 3d fighter before have they?

They don't get 3D. Chen was trying, Ultradavid just didn't care.

Then again, I'd be just as bored watching SF4, so I can forgive UD his not caring.

What happens if I buy the DLC on PSN for the PS+ copy, and my sub expires? hoo boy...

I may have to double dip here cause of this. last time I did that was Marvel!

BadWolf

Great deal for ppl that care, I'll still go with the free PSN Plus version.

Don't care for customization and not being able to see other ppl's custom 'efforts' is a huge bonus.

alstein

i need to rob a bank

For $30 just rob a bum on the street, it's less time.

Good for UD and VF if that's true. His commentary would be an asset to the game, he's the best commentator for fighting games out there. With UD trying to learn KOF, I can't see learning KOF and VF at the same time to work well, even for a smart guy like UD.

Doomshine

"They don't get 3D. Chen was trying, Ultradavid just didn't care.

Then again, I'd be just as bored watching SF4, so I can forgive UD his not caring."

UltraDavid is apparently really interested in VF now (You actually see his sort of "revelation" part ways through the show, around the time the concept of "Turn-based fighting" pops up).

Well that's what I mean, that's kind of how 3d fighters have worked for a while now. Even some of the practice mode stuff is not new.

"Well that's what I mean, that's kind of how 3d fighters have worked for a while now. Even some of the practice mode stuff is not new."

Right, I was mostly responding to alstein there.

"They don't get 3D. Chen was trying, Ultradavid just didn't care.

Then again, I'd be just as bored watching SF4, so I can forgive UD his not caring."

UltraDavid is apparently really interested in VF now (You actually see his sort of "revelation" part ways through the show, around the time the concept of "Turn-based fighting" pops up).
It's awesome to see VF getting all this love from 3D players *and* being the 3D fighter to convert 2D players over. It seems like Final Showdown is going to do well, and I hope SEGA will capitalize on this momentum by not making us wait too long for a console VF6 after the arcade version is released.

Doomshine

"Well that's what I mean, that's kind of how 3d fighters have worked for a while now. Even some of the practice mode stuff is not new."

Right, I was mostly responding to alstein there.

Yeah, I know, I could've phrased it better.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow, can't wait to actually have people to play against in VF.

Don't be so surprised.
I'm more surprised by how little they actually know. Hopefully this gave them more perspective.

Onemic

wow, well I guess I'll just get complete edition then.

Learning this game, KoF, and SSFIV:AE all at the same time will be hard.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
2D OGs like UltraDavid and James 'Gems' Chen giving VF5 a try is a good thing for the VF community.

Also VF5 is 2D.
No jump/air attack vector. #kappa

Top Bottom