• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Of course they do a sale for the system I don't own an arcade stick for.

Pay $100 to save $15. And that's only if I decide to get both DLCs...not worth it.

Takuan

Can we actually see what we get with the DLC pack before buying? I almost want to buy this out of principle, but I'm not really huge on character personalization.

wow, well I guess I'll just get complete edition then.

Learning this game, KoF, and SSFIV:AE all at the same time will be hard.

It was never daunting for me to switch between different fighting games. I could remember combos in Tekken, even after playing nothing but KOF for a few months.

"Which is awesome, but they should've added Jacky over Sarah."

You really think a DOA game would add a dude over a chick?

"It was never daunting for me to switch between different fighting games. I could remember combos in Tekken, even after playing nothing but KOF for a few months."

Yep, I still remember some Tekken 6 combos and I only played that game for a few weeks several years ago. Don't underestimate the old noggin.

Onemic

It was never daunting for me to switch between different fighting games. I could remember combos in Tekken, even after playing nothing but KOF for a few months.

Ya, my life will just be eaten up by the FGC, so I guess that's not so bad. I've already gotten sucked into GGPO and playing Vampire savior.

KTallguy

Banned
Man that kata Akira was doing in the DOA video... something about the animation made him look weaker than he does in VF. It feels kinda floaty.

VF is hard precisely because the game is so 3D, especially when you start considering foot position and walls.

Also VF5 is 2D.
No jump/air attack vector. #kappa
Not true. Not to the level of 2D games, but FS in particular has stepped up the jumping games. That'd be like me saying 2D games are all long distance because their close quarters game isn't as developed as that of a 3D game.

Takuan

I barely have any space left in my 40GB. Maybe I'll forego the DLC.

Now, if only I could purchase this now. These evening hour store updates are a joke.

so I just caught wind of the Virtua Fighter sale on PSN. I own both a PS3 and 360 but I mainly play fighters on the 360. Should I just get the game on PSN? I never really played fighters online on PSN lol.....but as long as the player base is bigger on PS3 then it's worth it to me. what do you think?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
so I just caught wind of the Virtua Fighter sale on PSN. I own both a PS3 and 360 but I mainly play fighters on the 360. Should I just get the game on PSN? I never really played fighters online on PSN lol.....but as long as the player base is bigger on PS3 then it's worth it to me. what do you think?

I'm sticking with 360. The player base is weird - on one hand, this is the first VF that's been online for PS3, so there's no fragmentation. On the other hand, bigger pool of people on 360. I just play all my multiplayer on 360 so that's the way I'm going. The deal doesn't affect me as I own it on 360 already so I'm looking at $30 either way.

I'm sticking with 360. The player base is weird - on one hand, this is the first VF that's been online for PS3, so there's no fragmentation. On the other hand, bigger pool of people on 360. I just play all my multiplayer on 360 so that's the way I'm going. The deal doesn't affect me as I own it on 360 already so I'm looking at $30 either way.

hmmmm, thanks for the input.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are the items for customization specific to each character or can they be used on anyone?

From what I understand, almost all of them are specific to each character. It's a staggering amount of items. Someone who has had access to the Japanese arc version can say for sure, since the items aren't available yet (and has me holding my crotch in anticipation)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Does this have Quest mode at all?

I didn't see anyone answer this yet - it's not Quest Mode like previous VFs but it is locked behind the item DLC - which nobody has access to yet since the item DLC is not available until launch. I expect it to be a little more stripped down, but I'm sure that's where I'll spend 90% of my time.

panda21

so pumped for this.

not sure if i want it on ps3 or 360, is there any meaningful difference?

i think the ps3 controller might be better than having to use a sfiv fightpad on 360.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
so pumped for this.

not sure if i want it on ps3 or 360, is there any meaningful difference?

i think the ps3 controller might be better than having to use a sfiv fightpad on 360.

Graphically, none that I can see. Depends on your controller and online preference. You won't want to use a fightpad though, I mean, I guess I never even really wanted to. 3 buttons make it viable even on the Genesis!

alstein

I suspect the 360 playerbase will be much stronger to begin with due to VFDC, the PS3 base will be larger and improve rapidly though.

I also expect PS3 to be tourney standard for this, though I'd get a dual mod (like I did just to be sure).

I suspect the 360 playerbase will be much stronger to begin with due to VFDC, the PS3 base will be larger and improve rapidly though.

I also expect PS3 to be tourney standard for this, though I'd get a dual mod (like I did just to be sure).

yeah, I have a dual mod stick... so that's why I'm stumped. I would have got this on 360 no doubt, but that sale is tempting me hardcore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't get over how hard it is for me to re-learn Goh. It's seriously difficult, and I find myself lapsing back into my VF5 vanilla moves that DO NOT WORK. It's tough.

I am enjoying Jean though. Got this...stuttery style I really feel clicks with me. I've always been a fan of somewhat odd playstyles (Dhalsim main here)

IronLich

Add me to the PSN list.

PSN: RADRAD1985 (South Pennsylvania)

I intend to Sarah my way to the top. And I'm basically on Cloud 9 knowing she's in DOA5, as well.

panda21

Graphically, none that I can see. Depends on your controller and online preference. You won't want to use a fightpad though, I mean, I guess I never even really wanted to. 3 buttons make it viable even on the Genesis!

can't really imagine using it on the 360 controller though. but then the fightpad isn't great for VF either imo.

i guess i will go ps3 since i have a stick for that.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im 10 bucks short for the Complete Edition :(
I need to make a Goh and Brad Fersis look-a-likes!

Top Bottom