• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Trojan X

Banned
Doesn't it have all the soundtracks? In the options menu you can select sound type, cycle between VF5, 5R, and FS. As well as VF1, 2, 3, and 4.

I don't have the game yet, unfortunately. If it has got all the sound tracks then that's brilliant. I will purchase today or tomorrow for sure!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't have the game yet, unfortunately. If it has got all the sound tracks then that's brilliant. I will purchase today or tomorrow for sure!

As far as I can tell (someone correct if not) when you pick a prior game soundtrack it uses whatever tracks existed for that character (assigned to their stage). For characters without a track from a previous game, it defaults to a newer track on their stage.

The past game tracks appear to be strictly the arcade versions of the music. The VF1 and 2 music is the arcade board version, not the arranged music from the Saturn ports.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im not too sure but i think that SegaManAU kinda likes VF.

My body is readier!!!

There was more stuff too, just couldn't be bothered digging it all out lol.

C6Cmd.jpg

New VF5FS Hori stick on the way too...w00t!

Man, well done on the VF2 arcade cabinet. There's no version of that that exists that replicates the arcade experience, which was just absolutely jaw dropping at the time. AM2/Model 2 era games were god-tier.

Galdelico

so yeah, 400/400 was damn easy on 360. i thought the license tests might give some challenge, but not really.

that's fine though, that's out of the way and now i can just play VS online maybe i can finally learn how to really play this game if i keep at it.
My same exact mindset.

Also guys, out of curiosity: other than the different opening movie and the omission of characters intros, is there anything else which has been cut out of the console version from the original arcade agame?

GrayFoxPL

Heh, just by chance I got into ranked match with GrayFoxPL today. I lost :(

I was so happy I finally fought a gaffer. :) Especially when today I fought ragequiters, meh.
Finally figured out a dude who just wins with well timed Jacky somersaults, beat him, what he does next fight? Ragequits and doesn't want to fight. Very meh day as finding matches was way harder somehow.

Anyone else thinks you rank up way too fast? Shit's crazy. I feel like I'm just starting to get grip of things and I'm 8th Dan. I'm a noob, I don't want to be 8 Dan, it totally lies about my shitty skills.

This game is sort of a culture shock having come up on Namco fighters for almost the last two decades. You can cheat the system in Namco games a lot more, so I have to get more accustomed to doing things at the right times.

Trying to play Akira online :| 45% win ratio. Trying to open the opponent up agsinst their mashy tatics is really tough.

I sometimes have trouble doing forward-punch out of block when I need a mid hit. It's a real problem when I wind up going into my high punch string instead.
Is Down+Forward P is mid for Aoi?

Archon473

After some more screwing around in player matches and arcade mode with Aoi, I made my first journey into Ranked, and things went very well. I feel like I'm starting to understand the basic flow of things better. At least now when I lose, I know why.

Glad to hear it.

GrayFoxPL

Is this you in the second part of the vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqy4Xb-Lpzo

If its you, then you are not really using okizeme at all! you are leaving too much damage on the table by not pressuring you opponent when hes on the ground.

Don't judge me by one match. VF okizeme is not the one I'm used to in Tekken. Don't worry I catch opponents that wake up with sweep or kick with ch 4K+G,P,P or 46K+G, Knee, 66+K etc. But it's hard as for me it's not the okizeme I know just reaction on invincible wakeup and baiting wakeup sweep. Bad match for me, but I hope someone will record me in better light though I'm not too good.

alstein

It's funny I've run into a bunch of locals, but I don't think I've run into anyone on here as of yet.

I also keep being undecided on my customs, I think I spend 20-30 minutes everyday changing how my Aoi looks. I can't find that one satisfying costume- thought I had it earlier, but noticed I was giving out panty shots, and I don't want to do that.

GrayFoxPL

It's funny I've run into a bunch of locals, but I don't think I've run into anyone on here as of yet.

I also keep being undecided on my customs, I think I spend 20-30 minutes everyday changing how my Aoi looks. I can't find that one satisfying costume- thought I had it earlier, but noticed I was giving out panty shots, and I don't want to do that.

I'm the same on customs. Finally decided on one. ;)

If any gaffer sees me on vf5 psn please kick my ass. GrayFoxPL I'd love to play you guys. Though I decline no bars matches, it works for Sarah, but Jean is a train wreck on lag. At least 1 bar pls.

Fuck yeah, finally figured out how to keep 60fps on YT
Are you sure..?

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L3.0
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
Codec ID : 7
Duration : 4mn 39s
Bit rate : 776 Kbps
Width : 640 pixels
Height : 360 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps

Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.112
Stream size : 25.8 MiB (85%)

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I'm the same on customs. Finally decided on one. ;)

If any gaffer sees me on vf5 psn please kick my ass. GrayFoxPL I'd love to play you guys. Though I decline no bars matches, it works for Sarah, but Jean is a train wreck on lag. At least 1 bar pls.

caught your name when I was playing earlier, but was too slow to grab it. My eleven victories across 50 games is certainly a force to be recognized. I'm Brobsaurus.

Doomshine

Did some player matches today. I quickly learned that anything below 3 bars is infuriating to fight in. 3 is great though.

Also, I know NOTHING about any character, except Goh. I fought zero Gohs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My god, seeing nothing but Aois today. It's unreal how many people are picking her.

Grifter

My man. Now this, this I will play. Maybe tonight?? I've started rockin with Jean for now. He seems pretty solid and some of his attacks just look brutal.
Oh it's on now. Tonight is good after the NBA game. I went back to Blaze ala VF5 but been feeling the itch to take on Akira again who I loved in VF2. Did you get the costumes?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Oh it's on now. Tonight is good after the NBA game. I went back to Blaze ala VF5 but been feeling the itch to take on Akira again who I loved in VF2. Did you get the costumes?

Blaze was my main for a minute! Akira's too execution heavy for me--I've never really bothered with him. I still haven't gotten the costumes yet. Do you need to purchase Alternates C & D as well or are they unlockable??

GrayFoxPL

Blaze was my main for a minute! Akira's too execution heavy for me--I've never really bothered with him. I still haven't gotten the costumes yet. Do you need to purchase Alternates C & D as well or are they unlockable??

They are unlocked with dlc pack for the character.

caught your name when I was playing earlier, but was too slow to grab it. My eleven victories across 50 games is certainly a force to be recognized. I'm Brobsaurus.

Hope to play you tomorrow :).

Dreamer RD

@GrayFoxPL

I thought you dont know english because after that match I asked you on PSN if you are from GAF and no response.

We should have some kind of online launch party/tournament.

That said, PSN is Jacky central.

I thiink this is the latest tier list. From Reno of VFDC.

S: Akira, Jacky, Taka, Lion
A: Goh, Vanessa, Brad, Jean
B: Shun, Wolf
C: Lau, Aoi, Pai, Kage, Sarah, Blaze
D: Eileen, Lei-Fei, Jeffry

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, I was wrong. Vanessa can switch modes/stances in combat, but it's a little funky to pull off.

GrayFoxPL

@GrayFoxPL

I thought you dont know english because after that match I asked you on PSN if you are from GAF and no response.

Oh crap. Really sorry. I play on a pad without ps button and if I get msg during fight I always forget all about it after the match ends. I'll try to keep track of these. Sorry again.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
5th kyu so far after maybe 16 games and man playing people with over 600 games played already is scary.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
psn is real annoying about stuff like that. tried hitting the PS button when the message notice pops up, but it doesn't go into the message like xbl does. And the players met list hasn't updated in over a year for me. Makes it a bit of a hassle to message someone unless I do it at the post-fight screen.

GrayFoxPL

5th kyu so far after maybe 16 games and man playing people with over 600 games played already is scary.

It stacks up very quick and ranking up is on turbo mode. I have over 200 fights and played only 3 sessions. Fights last sometimes less then a minute...

Sloosha

psn is real annoying about stuff like that. tried hitting the PS button when the message notice pops up, but it doesn't go into the message like xbl does. And the players met list hasn't updated in over a year for me. Makes it a bit of a hassle to message someone unless I do it at the post-fight screen.

The players met list is not updating for me either. Pretty annoying.

Doomshine

This game doesn't update the players met list for some reason, it still lists players I met when I played SCV yesterday.

EDIT: beaten

Top Bottom