• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Shizuka

Well Steins;Gate on Vita/PS3 was similar in price and almost impossible to buy due to demand after release.

As long as content is there then that price seems ok.

Fortunately or unfortunately, console and PC pricing usually works differently from one another.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Fortunately or unfortunately, console and PC pricing usually works differently from one another.

Not to mention Steam digital is a little different than a physical limited edition, which S;G initially was. Not sure how the SE release did, though.

Jazz573

Stretch goal for "another gaming platform". Which one?

I sent a question, so hopefully we'll get an answer soon. I'll report back when I find out.

Edit: Grisaia KS Update: Physical Goods Shipment

Edit 2: Here's my answer, top part cut because my real name is in it:

Cotton Candy Cyanide said:
Ideally, we'd like to release Quantum Suicide on the PSN Network and XBox Marketplace. However, the engine we're currently using to make the game isn't supported by these platforms but Android and iOS is. We'll be getting community feedback to help us decide whether it's worth moving permanently to a different gaming engine such as Unity or porting it over once it's done.

I've added your question to the FAQ as it seems to be something of a hot topic.

Cotton Candy Cyanide

Bowl0l

Well Steins;Gate on Vita/PS3 was similar in price and almost impossible to buy due to demand after release.

As long as content is there then that price seems ok.
Steins Gate Vita was discounted for Plus users on the 1st week of Nov, 3 months after it's release date, August 25. If it's discounted again for the annual PSN new year sale, will it be due to PSN sales being very good or the opposite?

Shizuka

Steins Gate Vita was discounted for Plus users on the 1st week of Nov, 3 months after it's release date, August 25. If it's discounted again for the annual PSN new year sale, will it be due to PSN sales being very good or the opposite?

I remember a PQube employee mentioning that Steins;Gate Vita outsold Minecraft Vita during some period of time and that they were pretty happy about it.

Bowl0l

I remember a PQube employee mentioning that Steins;Gate Vita outsold Minecraft Vita during some period of time and that they were pretty happy about it.
More sales = more discounts. I support this way of thinking.

I know i am not buying non-PS3 exclusive games. PS4 should take the spotlight.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Question: Did anyone here back Fault-Milestone One?

I was going through my codes with Backerkit and noticed that there was the first code I got, which was the full game (not the alpha/beta or anything) and one titled "normal steam key". Going back in my email records, there was something about text being fixed or something, was this what they were talking about, essentially a fixed version of the game?

Shizuka

Thanks, Jazz! By the way, that Vita news was so "soon" that we got an update after that with no mention of the news whatsoever.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So glad Narcissu got funded and a free shikishi is also a nice gift to add onto everything :) Hopefully it won't take TOO long to get the physical stuffs.

Also, SP opened up their new forums all fresh and new, with apparently nothing transferred over due to the move. Still a much, much better format (although I'm still confused as to why someone's Nekopara topic got moved to the general VN discussion but whatever).

XMSHO

CLANNAD is up now on steam with 15% discount...
and fun fact, after the price conversion in my local steam store... I can buy it with an equivalent of $28. which is weird &D

Pretty sure this isn't a decision on SP's end.

It's a pretty standard policy for VNs streaming anyway, MangaGamer uses similar restrictions, though I think they let you do more than 3 hours.

Edit:

Known Issues
This applies to build 20151122-869275

Playing the game full screen and at 100% window size in Steam will cause notifications and the Steam Overlay to not display
Alt-tabbing out of the game will cause a temporary system lockup and potential game crash
For some configurations with the setting "Language for non-Unicode programs" set to "Japanese," the game will fail to launch and create multiple processes of itself
These are actually some serious issues, especially for something as simple as a visual novel.

Jazz573

I guess this wouldn't really apply to builtin Steam streaming. I bet a lot of people won't give a shit and do it anyways.

Also,

1Wi16xD.png

Yaari

Jealous of your currencies. Lol. EUR39 here. Too much for me. But mostly due to a backlog, that is. I'd get it for $20 though. Guess Steam won't allow me to switch region.

Well I see I could very well be wrong about thinking that a VN at this price wouldn't sell. It's actually held a decent spot in the topseller list for most of the day so far.

Well I see I could very well be wrong about thinking that a VN at this price wouldn't sell. It's actually held a decent spot in the topseller list for most of the day so far.

Well it's on sale and is apparently quite cheaper than 50 USD in some regions, so the price discussion was made pretty moot anyway.

Edit: Someone did a translation comparison between the opening of the fan TL and SP TL of Clannad. It's improved, yay for less passive voice.

jonjonaug

I'm looking at the steam achievements page and it says 1 in 100 people have completed all of clannad already (that would be testers I guess), so I'm wondering how much of Clannad's sales ranking is "literally no one is buying anything right now because of a big sale coming in 2-3 days". But that can also be slow to update sometimes, a better measure would probably be checking that again tomorrow

Yuuichi

Edit: Someone did a translation comparison between the opening of the fan TL and SP TL of Clannad. It's improved, yay for less passive voice.

Wow, I'm actually looking forward to reading this now.

I'll wait for steamspy to update before I deliver the verdict, but it looks like the people who said it wouldn't sell will be eating some crow.

It seems to be a significant improvement.

I'll wait for steamspy to update before I deliver the verdict, but it looks like the people who said it wouldn't sell will be eating some crow.
Nah, they cut the price, so we'll never know. But it probably would have done fine at 50 USD.

Lain

Sure, but keep in mind that we were talking about a $50 pricepoint, not a good price conversion that has the price range between 20$ to 40$ also thanks to the first week discount.

Aku-Audi

Glad everyone is enjoying CLANNAD so far! We been spending 23 hour work days pretty much for 2 weeks now to get everything ready for CLANNAD and other projects. You'd be surprised how many different ways I found to comfortably create a pillow space on my work desk.

Now back to Narcissu and some sort of unicorn handheld related endeavor which people claim doesn't exist.

Li Kao

Ohmygad ohmygad, Moonlight game streaming has been officially released on iOS. The time has come for me to finally play VN comfily in bed. Glory !
Of course that's the theory and the damn thing will work for five minutes and never again. I know that. I'm savoring the joy, too afraid to launch the thing.

Edit : oh my, first post, sorry for the relatively uninteresting news it contains :X

Top Bottom