• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

cj_iwakura

74FikIY.png

Cool.

Uh, meaning a Steam release is likely?

The Steam leak is exciting, but I really don't want to double/triple dip for some of these games. At least I won't have to buy Steins:Gate yet again because the PS3 port is still likely to be the definitive version. Though I suppose someone could make a mod that puts the PS3 assets in the PC version, though I kinda of doubt anyone will bother at this point.

Shizuka

I wouldn't play Danganronpa on PC because I like my PC visual novels to be playable with only a mouse or just the space button.

I'm a handhelds nut but might double dip on Danganronpa. More importantly, I'll be getting Danganronpa 2 for my best friend, who doesn't have a Vita but did like the first anime.

Li Kao

The Steam leak is exciting, but I really don't want to double/triple dip for some of these games. At least I won't have to buy Steins:Gate yet again because the PS3 port is still likely to be the definitive version. Though I suppose someone could make a mod that puts the PS3 assets in the PC version, though I kinda of doubt anyone will bother at this point.

I wasn't aware that the PS3 version of Steins;Gate was considered definitive. What does this version have than the PC one doesn't ?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well the PS4 version is going to take that crown soon. I wonder what the chances of this one being a new port based off the the PS4 version are though.

Li Kao

Seriously tempted to give in and buy Grisaia from Denpasoft. Then again, I have reading OCD (yeah, what the fuck am I doing here ^_^) and rarely finished a VN.

Well we'll see! I'm hopeful since the PS3/Vita release seems to have done well.

Isn't the PS4 release a trophyless bonus that's not even being sold separately in Japan? Obviously that could change, but it's a weird thing that I could see never coming West.

I have no doubt that it would come over, given that even The Witch and the Hundred Knight PS4 edition got localized. NISA is good about ports.
NISA has nothing to do with Steins;Gate.

Yuuichi

Just a fun little one, Ever17 is in the steam leak (probably?). It shows as two months old but I don't recall anyone ever mentioning it.

So I heard some Alicesoft games are finally getting official translations, and are being ported to modern compiuters. Any chance for Rance games or Atlach Nacha?

So I heard some Alicesoft games are finally getting official translations, and are being ported to modern compiuters. Any chance for Rance games or Atlach Nacha?

Rance will probably happen eventually, they're starting with Beat Blades Haruka (and the translation is done) because Alicesoft apparently didn't want to give them Rance first.

This strikes me as the best thread to ask: Is there a commonly accepted solution for Windows 10 having murdered AppLocale right in the heart ? From my poking around there seem to be about 4 different solutions none of which work as well as AppLocale did.

This strikes me as the best thread to ask: Is there a commonly accepted solution for Windows 10 having murdered AppLocale right in the heart ? From my poking around there seem to be about 4 different solutions none of which work as well as AppLocale did.

Give up on AppLocale, it doesn't even work for many programs. Just switch your region and language to Japanese in settings. Other than the Microsoft store giving you the Japanese one (and you can just switch back if you care about that), there's really no downside to it.

Marche90

First thing I do with new computers or windows installs is switch to Japanese Locale.

Pretty much. Only if I actually need my locale I switch back.

Never really bothered with AppLocale, and I'm glad I never did, since it sounds like it was a massive headache to even get running the damned games

Jazz573

Pretty much. Only if I actually need my locale I switch back.

Never really bothered with AppLocale, and I'm glad I never did, since it sounds like it was a massive headache to even get running the damned games

Though there are some games where you need an actual Japanese Windows. I mean I guess you could dualboot it, but most of the time someone hacks the region lock.

Yuuichi

Key games required this. This is why Rewrite's fan TL runs on a separate exe file from the original one.

The only Key game I know of that doesn't require this that I own is Little Busters PE, and that's only because you can close out of the error that asks for Japanese windows twice with the x button and it'll work fine (don't ask me why though lol).

From Frontwing's Facebook page:

The voice actresses for Frontwing's upcoming visual novel "Island" have been announced!

The cast will star:

Yukari Tamura as Rinne Ohara (seen center in the image)
Rie Murakawa as Sara Garando (right)
Kana Asumi as Karen Kurutsu (left)

It's very exciting to have such a superstar team of voice actresses in one game! At the current time, "Island" is planned for release in Japan only. However, an overseas release is also being considered, so please show us your support and let us hear your voices!

In the meantime, check out the game's Japanese website for more!
http://never-island.com/
They are apparently considering an overseas release for Island, an all ages VN releasing in March 2016 in Japan.

Top Bottom