• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Lain

This image is what got me curious. I feel like this immediately tells you fucked up shit is going to happen.

tumblr_n7xzm9Az0s1qa94xto2_500.png

Wonder how much Euphoria would have to sell for mangagamer to pick it up. Based on what I've read, ClockUp seemed to want to recreate Euphoria's success with Fraternite.

That image is the same reason why I got interested in the beginning (before I even knew it wasn't just a normal dark VN).

Lain

Magical Eyes – Red is for Anguish is up for preorder on MG, with a 10% off discount and a complimentary Steam key once it releases. $13.49

Somewhat funny that the game is up for preorder on MG before Steam, doubly so when the publisher for the game is Fruitbat Factory. I wonder if the game is up for preorder on Fruitbat Factory's store too, since I didn't look.

Magical Eyes – Red is for Anguish is up for preorder on MG, with a 10% off discount and a complimentary Steam key once it releases. $13.49

Somewhat funny that the game is up for preorder on MG before Steam, doubly so when the publisher for the game is Fruitbat Factory. I wonder if the game is up for preorder on Fruitbat Factory's store too, since I didn't look.

I think Steam has restrictions on who can put up things for preorder. And that gives us a date, Feb 29.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Boo Libra of the Vampire Princess Kickstarter was supposed to go up today. Nice to see that the base physical award is now renegotiated at $85! There's also a set with "acrylic figures". I want to see what those would look like before I back anything higher.

Boo Libra of the Vampire Princess Kickstarter was supposed to go up today. Nice to see that the base physical award is now renegotiated at $85! There's also a set with "acrylic figures". I want to see what those would look like before I back anything higher.

They tweeted this morning that it was going up tomorrow so I guess they pushed it a day. Or they are very confused about time zones.

Yuuichi

I finished サクラノ詩 (Sakura no Uta) earlier today.

I'm not going to review it for reasons anyone who's read it knows. If you have the capability to read it, it's one of the very few games I would call a must read.

Shizuka

Did anyone get Harvest December already? I'm interested in the quality of the localization and the overall length of the game.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Actually the Libra KS is up now.

I see they changed the tiers around a bit. I'm in for the $90 collector's box! Probably not the figures...

I finished サクラノ詩 (Sakura no Uta) earlier today.

I'm not going to review it for reasons anyone who's read it knows. If you have the capability to read it, it's one of the very few games I would call a must read.

I bought it during a Rightstuf sale, since I had to play it when I first heard of it, plus the writer of Madoka worked on it. I've been spoiler-free on it, but realize there is some grusome stuff that happens. Not into H-games, so this is probably as close as I'll get. Doesn't look like the type of game that COULD get an all-age version, either.

Will start it... at some point :/ Busy life + backlog.

I bought it during a Rightstuf sale, since I had to play it when I first heard of it, plus the writer of Madoka worked on it. I've been spoiler-free on it, but realize there is some grusome stuff that happens. Not into H-games, so this is probably as close as I'll get. Doesn't look like the type of game that COULD get an all-age version, either.

Will start it... at some point :/ Busy life + backlog.

You're thinking of Saya no Uta. Different game.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Libra is already past $21k, which is pretty good for not even being a day old! It'll totally make the goal.

OMG Aero

Hi VN thread, I have a long plane journey coming up so I was planning on getting a VN for 3DS or Vita to pass some of the time and I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations? I did look at the suggestions in the OP but most of those games are PC only or I've already played them, and I don't know if anything better has been released since that post was updated so I thought it would be better to just ask.
On 3DS/DS I've already played the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton series (not sure if Layton counts as a VN but it's the closest thing to a VN I have on that system after Phoenix Wright).
And on Vita I've already played the Danganronpa series, Persona series (if that counts), Steins;Gate (which I really enjoyed), and Hatoful Boyfriend (and I'm already planning on getting Holiday Star but I'll probably be done with that before my flight).
I haven't played 999 or VLR which seems to be the obvious ones I'm missing, but from what I've heard you have to play those games in order and the DS version of 999 is the definitive version of that game instead of the iOS one. 999 was never released on DS in the UK though and I don't want to take the risk of importing it and not having it arrive before I leave so those two aren't an option.

I was thinking Code Realize since I looked in the OT for that game out of curiosity when it was released and people seemed positive, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Hi VN thread, I have a long plane journey coming up so I was planning on getting a VN for 3DS or Vita to pass some of the time and I was wondering if anyone here had any recommendations? I did look at the suggestions in the OP but most of those games are PC only or I've already played them, and I don't know if anything better has been released since that post was updated so I thought it would be better to just ask.
On 3DS/DS I've already played the Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton series (not sure if Layton counts as a VN but it's the closest thing to a VN I have on that system after Phoenix Wright).
And on Vita I've already played the Danganronpa series, Persona series (if that counts), Steins;Gate (which I really enjoyed), and Hatoful Boyfriend (and I'm already planning on getting Holiday Star but I'll probably be done with that before my flight).
I haven't played 999 or VLR which seems to be the obvious ones I'm missing, but from what I've heard you have to play those games in order and the DS version of 999 is the definitive version of that game instead of the iOS one. 999 was never released on DS in the UK though and I don't want to take the risk of importing it and not having it arrive before I leave so those two aren't an option.

I was thinking Code Realize since I looked in the OT for that game out of curiosity when it was released and people seemed positive, but I'm open to any suggestions.

I haven't played either, but on the Vita, my wife really enjoyed Hakuouki, and I've heard good things about Sweet Fuse. Both are otome games, the first is about samurai (the shinsengumi specifically), the second is a mystery set in a theme park. Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head that you didn't list.

gaiages

Banned

999 on the iOS is quite playable, it just takes out the puzzle portions, I believe. Not ideal, but you can play it and get the story and whatnot. Though, I'd just recommend you import it, but of course that won't help with your flight.

I would recommend Code: Realize as long as you like/don't mind otome games. It has more than just the romance stuff, it has a pretty good story as well. I hear Sweet Fuse is the same in that aspect, I'd look into that one as well. :)

I worked pretty hard on them so please do share your opinions on the cards and backgrounds so I can improve in the future as I keep doing these cards.

Not regarding WEE, but I was wondering why the backgrounds for sound - a drop of poison didnt feature any of the beautiful drawn backgrounds like the jellyfish tanks? :(

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
*looks at Vampire Princess comment section*

Have you guys considered going to Neogaf to advertise your kickstarter. They have a visual novel thread so it might be a good place to pick up a few new backers.

Alright, who was it? :p

Aku-Audi

Not regarding WEE, but I was wondering why the backgrounds for sound - a drop of poison didnt feature any of the beautiful drawn backgrounds like the jellyfish tanks? :(

Those weren't handled by me and I think done by the developer... I'll look into it for you and see if we could add anything to it.

Oh and Basileus

I keep seeing a bunny sitting in a box every day now. But next week I hear he'll come out and meet everyone.

Oh and Basileus

I keep seeing a bunny sitting in a box every day now. But next week I hear he'll come out and meet everyone.
Huh. Well you've got me curious.
I fear for the Libra KS. I don't think they'll meet the goal by the deadline at that pace.
It's hit a wall really early in the KS. I don't think it will make it unless they get some press coverage or something to stir up attention.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
It's hit a wall really early in the KS. I don't think it will make it unless they get some press coverage or something to stir up attention.

Honestly, I've only heard of it from here. Needs more Siliconera, Gematsu, AnimeNewsNetwork etc coverage. For such little exposure, it's really not doing TOO badly, and still has 39 days to go. Not worried yet.

Top Bottom