• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

gyMze6c.png

My hype is building again. Actual announcement(s) when?

Well that'd be a given if they are being localized.

After Root Double only receiving a PC version even though the Xtend version (which is being ported to PC for this localization, by the way) was available on Vita, I'm not so sure about that. Maybe that's just Sekai Project though.

After Root Double only receiving a PC version even though the Xtend version (which is being ported to PC for this localization, by the way) was available on Vita, I'm not so sure about that. Maybe that's just Sekai Project though.

It's from a completely different publisher. Steins:Gate sold better on the Vita than on the PS3, it'd make zero sense for PQube to not localize the Vita version of those games.

Yeah, that's just Sekai Project. PQube doesn't publish PC games as far as I know.

Goddamn, Root Letter + New Danganronpa V3 + Zero Time Dilemma + possible C;H and S;G0, Grisaia 2&3, 2016 might as well be the year of the VNita.
Still need Grisaia 1 first, you know. And maybe some World End Economica. Hopefully Sekai Project can actually get the ball rolling now that they're actually working on development rather than just jumping through legal hoops.

Has anyone showed any interest in localizing Robotics;Notes yet?
PQube is the only company that's gone (almost) on record as showing interest in bringing over more titles in the series, but we don't yet have any specifics on what they're planning. So who knows?

It's still an interesting factoid that Robotics;Notes Elite was localized in Korean while Chaos;Head Noah was not. Which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Jazz573

So DLSite English has a campaign running until Feb. 2 12 pm JST, with 50% off on over 7000 titles. Not sure how much is games and even how many of the games are actual VNs. Also, sadly the NA site is pretty much only doujin games and mostly nukige. They do have an all-ages page but there's not much. Also 10% reward points on all titles, until Dec. 22nd 12 pm JST.

Not sure if the JP version is doing anything similar.

One more thing. If you're looking for the VNs they're categorized as "Digital Novels" rather than "Visual Novels".

This should be safe to post, since it's the all-ages store.

Finally hit what seems to be the properly story-dense part of Euphoria. Oooh boy here we go (euphoria spoilers)
I got the bad ending in the true route where Kanae practically makes you her bitch. I think I saved right after a flashback that seemingly revealed Nemu is my actual childhood friend.

Muv Luv Update:
We're 50% done through Muv-Luv Extra, which means we've caught up with the schedule for translation. The CODEX's glossary is fully translated, most of the terms used for Muv-Luv Unlimited/Alternative has been decided and at this pace we're going, we'll have the CODEX done before July!
They're claiming they are back on schedule for a Spring release, hopefully they aren't rushing it.

Jazz573

Yet another sale, this time from RightStuf.

Not just JAST USA this time around, like in previous RightStuf sales, but MG titles are also in it.

Oh, and it ends on December 27th.

Been playing Lightning Warrior Raidy...LOL it's basically a hardcore, BDSM Yuri version of Rance Except with Kingsfield like gameplay. Very Fun. In a guilty pleasure sort of way.

I'm reading WAS and the voice acting is implemented so sloppily. There is no audio normalization and every character speaks at a different volume. The difference is so severe to the point where I'm not sure how anyone could have failed to notice how poorly this is done. Or they probably did notice, but didn't care because SP seems to just want to wash their hands of this messy project.

Knurek

I'm reading WAS and the voice acting is implemented so sloppily. There is no audio normalization and every character speaks at a different volume. The difference is so severe to the point where I'm not sure how anyone could have failed to notice how poorly this is done. Or they probably did notice, but didn't care because SP seems to just want to wash their hands of this messy project.

You can just force normalization through Windows control panel.
I had problems with Witcher 3 cutscenes being way too quiet, the method above helped with this.

Sölf

So, Aviary Attorney releases today on steam. Would have completely missed that if Chariot hadn't told me. Not sure if I will dip in immediatly, since I still have Xenoblade and I am currently playing WC3 again, but I will definitly buy it.

There is voice in WAS ?
I thought there wasn't any since the voice work wasn't done yet . i mean that's the impression i got from the kickstarter update.

I have the game code and activated it on steam, so i'll ask now ..how extensive is the voice work ? i'm very surprised to hear that.

Reading the community hub it seems some scenes dont even have voice.

Jazz573

There is voice in WAS ?
I thought there wasn't any since the voice work wasn't done yet . i mean that's the impression i got from the kickstarter update.

I have the game code and activated it on steam, so i'll ask now ..how extensive is the voice work ? i'm very surprised to hear that.

They said it was getting patched in as the lines are recorded.

Bowl0l

Yet another sale, this time from RightStuf.

Not just JAST USA this time around, like in previous RightStuf sales, but MG titles are also in it.

Oh, and it ends on December 27th.
do they sell digital downloads? if yes, how do i filter? I can't afford shipping right now..

Jazz573

do they sell digital downloads? if yes, how do i filter? I can't afford shipping right now..

No. Physical goods only.

If you want digital you'll need to get them from JAST USA/J-List/J-Box or MangaGamer. Just be aware, they won't be discounted. Although, MG has a sale as well, so you will find some on sale.

You can just force normalization through Windows control panel.
I had problems with Witcher 3 cutscenes being way too quiet, the method above helped with this.

I might have to try this then. It's pretty bad when the protagonist is so quiet that you can't hear him unless you turn down the BGM while some others speak really loudly.

There is voice in WAS ?

Reading the community hub it seems some scenes dont even have voice.

Only some scenes have voice, most of it is still unvoiced. And it seems like they just threw the voice samples that had in and never bothered to make them sound right in-game.

They said it was getting patched in as the lines are recorded.

I might have to try this then. It's pretty bad when the protagonist is so quiet that you can't hear him unless you turn down the BGM while some others speak really loudly.

Only some scenes have voice, most of it is still unvoiced. And it seems like they just threw the voice samples that had in and never bothered to make them sound right in-game.

This is what i thought . the voice work is not complete and certainly not up to normal standards.

Will wait before playing.

Jazz573

Today is a sad day in the world of VNs. Today marks four years since Hiroyuki Kanno's death. I don't have much experience, but I did read Yu-No which left a good impression on me. But regardless of whether you like his works or not, it still remains as a tragic event in the VN industry. Next year will be the fifth year, which is obviously a much bigger deal. And of course before the fifth year since his death, the fifth year since the death of another important figure in VNs will also be marked, in August. I am of course talking about the late composer Ryu Umemoto, who played no small part in Kanno's works.

Today is a sad day in the world of VNs. Today marks four years since Hiroyuki Kanno's death. I don't have much experience, but I did read Yu-No which left a good impression on me. But regardless of whether you like his works or not, it still remains as a tragic event in the VN industry. Next year will be the fifth year, which is obviously a much bigger deal. And of course before the fifth year since his death, the fifth year since the death of another important figure in VNs will also be marked, in August. I am of course talking about the late composer Ryu Umemoto, who played no small part in Kanno's works.

Goddamn. YU-NO is my VNOTY, this is sad to hear.

I hope somebody localizes the new version of YU-NO on PS4/Vita. Always wanted to play one of his games. Love Umemoto's music.

Top Bottom