• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope that SP will wait until Vampire Princess is done (and funded) before t hey post Root Double. Vampire Princess is almost half way there and has a good chance of making it too, but the tight competition (and lotsa money being spent) can make a big difference when it comes to people having to pick one or the other.

Jazz573

I'm going to play the Gahkthun trial, probably just the first chapter. Don't really want to read the third chapter. But how long is it, for anyone who was played the trial?

grim-tales

Prefundia is just a prelude to a Kickstarter where they present what their plans are, there's no money involved yet.

Ah, thanks for that, I didnt know :) I guess we just have to wait for now.
Cheers :)
Root Double really reminds me of Ever 17, 999 etc so hopefully this will get me back into VNs soon along with Danganronpa. I havent really had any time to play/read them what with a tough college course going on lately.

Jazz573

Ah, thanks for that, I didnt know :) I guess we just have to wait for now.
Cheers :)
Root Double really reminds me of Ever 17, 999 etc so hopefully this will get me back into VNs soon along with Danganronpa. I havent really had any time to play/read them what with a tough college course going on lately.

Well it is directed by Takumi Nakazawa who worked on Never7, Ever17, and Remember11.

Jazz573

Thanks :) I know he worked on Remember11 (he was the writer, right?) but not Ever17 :)

Main scenario writer, but wrote Kokoro and Satoru's routes. Uchikoshi Kotarou (as Tsukishio Hagane, not sure why he used an alias.) also contributed to both routes. Takimoto Masashi who was involved in Chaos;Child and Steins;Gate 0 was the assistant writer. Hayashi Naotaka, who worked on Chaos;Head and its fandisc, Steins;Gate and its spinoffs, Robotics;Notes, Chaos;Child, and Steins;Gate 0, contributed to Kokoro's route. Nakazawa was the director, and also was in charge of planning, and the original concept. So it was much more of a Nakazawa project than in the previous Infinity games, which were more Uchikoshi projects. Not surprising, since I believe at about the time Remember11 was being worked on there was a falling out between Nakazawa and Uchikoshi.

As for Ever17, Nakazawa was the director, and also wrote You's route. Main scenario and draft were done by Uchikoshi, as well as the common routes, and Coco's route. Sasanari Kitarou, who didn't really work on anything noteworthy, did Tsugumi and Sora's routes. Umeda Nobuaki, who, like Sasanari didn't really do anything well known, did Sara's route.

Might as well also do Infinity/Never7 (Infinity was sort of a prototype version of Never7, on the PS1.) Starting with Infinity, well, VNDB just says Nakazawa and Uchikoshi did the scenario, so not clear who did what. Moving over to Never7, Nakazawa was the director and wrote the Yuka Cure Append scenario, although I assume he did other stuff as well. Uchikoshi did the main scenario and draft, as well as the Izumi Cure Append scenario, though, again, I assume he did more, because of his credit in Infinity. Higurashi Chabou, who did nothing of note, wrote Haruka's route. Hodoshima Ken was involved in the scenario. Ichikawa Kazuhiro, producer for many KID and 5pb projects, was involved in the scenario as well as being the producer. (I'll add that he was also the producer for Ever17 and Remember11). Also, Shibata Tarou, who did nothing of note, was the director of the PC port.

Main scenario writer, but wrote Kokoro and Satoru's routes. Uchikoshi Kotarou (as Tsukishio Hagane, not sure why he used an alias.) also contributed to both routes. Takimoto Masashi who was involved in Chaos;Child and Steins;Gate 0 was the assistant writer. Hayashi Naotaka, who worked on Chaos;Head and its fandisc, Steins;Gate and its spinoffs, Robotics;Notes, Chaos;Child, and Steins;Gate 0, contributed to Kokoro's route. Nakazawa was the director, and also was in charge of planning, and the original concept. So it was much more of a Nakazawa project than in the previous Infinity games, which were more Uchikoshi projects. Not surprising, since I believe at about the time Remember11 was being worked on there was a falling out between Nakazawa and Uchikoshi.

As for Ever17, Nakazawa was the director, and also wrote You's route. Main scenario and draft were done by Uchikoshi, as well as the common routes, and Coco's route. Sasanari Kitarou, who didn't really work on anything noteworthy, did Tsugumi and Sora's routes. Umeda Nobuaki, who, like Sasanari didn't really do anything well known, did Sara's route.

Might as well also do Infinity/Never7 (Infinity was sort of a prototype version of Never7, on the PS1.) Starting with Infinity, well, VNDB just says Nakazawa and Uchikoshi did the scenario, so not clear who did what. Moving over to Never7, Nakazawa was the director and wrote the Yuka Cure Append scenario, although I assume he did other stuff as well. Uchikoshi did the main scenario and draft, as well as the Izumi Cure Append scenario, though, again, I assume he did more, because of his credit in Infinity. Higurashi Chabou, who did nothing of note, wrote Haruka's route. Hodoshima Ken was involved in the scenario. Ichikawa Kazuhiro, producer for many KID and 5pb projects, was involved in the scenario as well as being the producer. (I'll add that he was also the producer for Ever17 and Remember11). Also, Shibata Tarou, who did nothing of note, was the director of the PC port.

Love learning new stuff about the Infinity games. Thanks!

I still can't believe the only project with Uchikoshi x Nakazawa after these VNs is Punchline. What a goddamn fucking waste.

Just finished Euphoria, all I'll say so far is that I somewhat regret putting it off for a couple of days due to playing too much Persona. Forgot a lot of things about it, so I'm confused as fuck.

As a sexual horror VN, 8/10
As a mindfuck VN, 7.5/10

I'll have to read some sort of general rundown on the ending, I'm confused as fuck.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm shot in the dark, but maybe I'll find something. Is there a track list somewhere for the Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star OST? I got the collector's pack this week, and just like the first one, it's a bit of a mess and unsorted and the titles are incomplete or badly coded :/

and the clues seem to be leading to Dies Irae, except that would be a huge undertaking.

Eh, more like wishful thinking. There are a lot of games it could be. There's nothing specifically pointing to Dies Irae.

And he deleted that tweet, so nothing may be coming tomorrow.

Just checked the Libra of the Vampire Princess kickstarter , this is a day moment of the year to ask me money , even if i don't mind the game itself.

I guess i'll see how the kickstarter goes after the holidays

I finished WAS and it was pretty poor. The writing and dialogue are subpar and it tells an incomplete story that ends on a cliffhanger, and we're not likely to ever see the rest of it given how much trouble this project has been for Sekai Project. It's also like 3-4 hours long. I wouldn't recommend anyone buy it even if they eventually get around to finishing the voice work.

It's also kind of funny that the KS for this sold it as some sort of content tourism when the whole thing takes place in a slum.

Trails of Cold Steel and Gahkthun releasing on back to back days makes this a really strangely packed end of December.

Oh, and the complete Noble Works patch is releasing on December 24th.

Nordicus

I kinda always thought Higurashi would be my first japanese-made VN, but looks like the art style of Love At First Sight got the better of me so I grabbed it at the start of Steam sale.
qNa0XQf.jpg

I mean, right on the cover you see a one-eyed girl with ripped clothes and injuries so I thought the story would try to tug at my heartstrings until they snapped, but the story's nothing to write home about. Pretty much the most basic "boy meets girl who shows sign of being bullied" story you can get... with one less eye on the girl.

What annoys me the most is that in the extras, the girl, when she was just a concept on Pixiv, apparently had bit more of a personality. In the game, she's so silent and shy that she barely says more than a few words, which might sometimes be fine, but this kinetic VN is like 2 hours long so it really gets in the way of developing a decent character for her. Shit, she might be the least developed one out of the 6 characters that participate in this story.

The author/developer Ray-Kbys admitted that he kinda half-assed this game by leaving so much stuff unfinished until really late, but he has not ruled out making another game in the future and said that he'll put more effort into the next one because he's unhappy with a lot of things that happened with this project.

If the next Creepy Cute game gets more work put into it then yeah, I'll actually buy that one as well. If more of the same... nah. I'll pass

Shizuka

Getting Aviary Attorney the moment my CC bill is closed for the month. Still trying to get a review copy of Harvest December, but it's been really hard.

Jazz573

Gahkthun is now out for anyone who didn't preorder. Started playing the trial, and it seems good, but I don't like that it starts on Chapter 3, and the full game is now available, so I'm uninstalling the trial and going to go straight to the full version.

Impressions:

Music is beautiful, as is the artwork. Neon is cute, if a bit ditzy at times, which detracts from her a little. Still like her though. Her VA voices Kuroda in School Days. :p

Jazz573

For people who don't want to click random, unlabeled bitly links, this is a series of polls MangaGamer has put up with an option to enter a raffle to win a copy of the game that wins the "most anticipated title of 2016" poll.

Actually you won't win the most anticipated game, you'll win whatever is picked as the best of 2015.

Jazz573

JAST USA has all titles up to 40% off until Jan. 3rd.

Gonna get stuff from JAST USA and RightStuf's sales. Definitley getting the ef physical version on RightStuf. Want one other phyiscal, but I'm not sure whether that should be Crescendo, Princess Waltz, Snow Sakura, or Yume Miru Kusuri. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom