• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

So assuming we aren't being trolled:
Kind of sick of keeping this a secret and since I've gotten confirmation that people are on board with it I'll just say it.
TLWiki/KeroQ are working together on an official localization of Subarashiki Hibi. Further details to come in 2016.
Subahibi is getting an official localization.

Yuuichi

That's not shocking in the least.

I'll be playing it after xmas when I get back to where I normally live, so I should have an opinion on it soon.

It makes sense though, why else would have been sitting on a finished translation for months.
Other than to troll.

If you're lying moogy, I swear... :p

Although knowing the content, I don't know if I can handle it anyway. :p
I wonder if they're partnering with MangaGamer or Jast as they're obviously not selling this game on Steam.

Jazz573

It makes sense though, why else would have been sitting on a finished translation for months.

I wonder if they're partnering with MangaGamer or Jast as they're obviously not selling this game on Steam.

Perhaps, but they didn't say anything like that. We'll have to wait and see.

New Baldr title by Hiei Murasaki incoming: http://products.web-giga.com/2015new4/

Speaking of things that will never come in English. ;(

Maybe one day TGL/GIGA will get an English partner.

I hope one day we'll get some revivals of old TGL and GIGA games like the Farland series or VG series, seems like a longshot now, but maybe in the future.

It saddens me that TGL has basically shifted all production to GIGA, and just become the console publisher of their games. TGL used to make tons of great all-ages titles. A new Farland game would be great. The only way a new Farland game would disappoint me is if they made it 18+. Not that I have a problem with GIGA titles (hell, my avatar is from Baldr Sky). I just wish they would remember they are capable of making all-ages titles too.

So what's the best VN you played this year, VNGAF?

I gotta say YU-NO (the original). That last 10-15 hours, man. FUCK.

(yu-no spoilers!)
Sayless has become one of my favorite characters ever. Her relationship with Yu-no and Takuya is just so beautiful. I can't even bear to look at her amazing h-CGs due to how sad it feels to see her alive and happy again. :-:

The whole true route was amazing

Jazz573

I gotta say YU-NO (the original). That last 10-15 hours, man. FUCK.

(yu-no spoilers!)
Sayless has become one of my favorite characters ever. Her relationship with Yu-no and Takuya is just so beautiful. I can't even bear to look at her amazing h-CGs due to how sad it feels to see her alive and happy again. :-:

The whole true route was amazing

F/SN is mine. Yu-No comes second tho. Wasn't a fan of the H scenes at all, since they don't really show anything, if you know what I mean.

Utawarerumono Spoilers:
If you want something else with a similar genre shift to Yu-No, you should try Utawarerumono.

Also, I'm not sure how you could only take 10-15 hours.

F/SN is mine. Yu-No comes second tho. Wasn't a fan of the H scenes at all, since they don't really show anything, if you know what I mean.

Somehow I really liked the way they were drawn. They felt sensual and more intimate and meaningful than Conspicuously Young Looking But Miraculously Not Underage High School Student #4613 Turns Into A Rubber Ducky

Thanks for the
recommendation
BTW

Yuuichi

サクラの詩 (also GOTY), although Soranica Ele is in a close second. Nothing else comes close though, a two 10 year and then a bunch of like 7s and 8s (vndb score wise).

Bowl0l

Attention!
#www.jastusa.com
--> School Days setup.exe will delete all data.bin files when you install the game or attempt to repair the installation...

Remember the back-up the .bin files because the publisher/jastusa.com thinks that everyone has good internet speed/unlimited data caps...

jonjonaug

Excluding stuff I've read before, either No, Thank You! or Danganronpa 2. They were about even in quality. I have a few owned that came out this year that I've yet to read (Clannad, Gakthun, and Eden). Won't have time for them for at least another week until I finish up Xenoblade X.

Utawarerumono Spoilers:
If you want something else with a similar genre shift to Yu-No, you should try Utawarerumono.

Also, I'm not sure how you could only take 10-15 hours.

(YU-NO spoilers)
Was the true route longer than 15 hours?!

Honestly I'm not surprised if it was because I think I can be reasonably certain that I clocked 9 hours in one day.

Adrift In A Cobalt Eternity is somehow still aiming for a Spring 2016 release even though they haven't received any crowd funding and they're a new company (and they have people like Shinji Hosoe and Xenoblade's composer on board).

Exogenesis has been in radio silence for quite a while now. Sigh... two promising OELVNs which don't seem to be coming anytime soon (Exogenesis was marketed as Nov 2014).

spinz

Adrift In A Cobalt Eternity is somehow still aiming for a Spring 2016 release even though they haven't received any crowd funding and they're a new company (and they have people like Shinji Hosoe and Xenoblade's composer on board).

Exogenesis has been in radio silence for quite a while now. Sigh... two promising OELVNs which don't seem to be coming anytime soon (Exogenesis was marketed as Nov 2014).

the appropriate response to all fan made sequels and "inspiri-quels": i will believe it when i see it. ;)

grim-tales

Looking forward to both of those (I even backed Exogenesis for the Vita), both look promising but as you say, no KS for Adrift in a Cobalt Eternity yet. :( Sigh :(
How did the AiaCE guys get Shinji Hosoe? Considering he's working on the actual ZE3 (and originally AiaCE was going to help fund ZE3, AFAIK) thats quite a coup. What happens with that part now?

Looking forward to both of those (I even backed Exogenesis for the Vita), both look promising but as you say, no KS for Adrift in a Cobalt Eternity yet. :( Sigh :(
How did the AiaCE guys get Shinji Hosoe? Considering he's working on the actual ZE3 (and originally AiaCE was going to help fund ZE3, AFAIK) thats quite a coup. What happens with that part now?

I think they have like 4 composers on board for AiaCE. Also Hosoe is probably working as a freelancer / for this project only / getting some of his tracks licensed for AiaCE

grim-tales

Probably thats whats happening. Hope more news will come soon for this one (AiaCE).
Uchikoshi said Hosoe was back for ZE3 afaik (check his tweets).

Probably thats whats happening. Hope more news will come soon for this one (AiaCE).
Uchikoshi said Hosoe was back for ZE3 afaik (check his tweets).

I think AiaCE's twitter said that Hosoe leaked to them that ZE3 was revived before its reveal at AX, so it was kind of known already (at least I know I wasn't surprised).

It was labeled Work In Progress and it's for Watanagashi which has only been out for like 40 days. I can't for the life of me find a voice-only patch which sucks :/

You linked to it yourself. Just follow the instructions and skip the one step where you install the graphics pack.

I sure hope it does ok... Been VERY stagnant lately, most likely due to the holidays.

They've fallen behind the pace they needed to keep. They needed to get to around 80-85k before the last few days to hope that the end surge would put them over, but they are no longer on pace to get there. If they had maintained a 1k a day rate they would have had this.

Jazz573

I've been wondering... these are super cheap games, but is there any substance to them? Or are they just Sakura games with cat ears?

Nah. There not just cheap half-assed nukige. The artwork is quite nice and the music is pretty good too. And the story is pretty funny, even if It's not the greatest sfory ever.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Nah. There not just cheap half-assed nukige. The artwork is quite nice and the music is pretty good too. And the story is pretty funny, even if It's not the greatest sfory ever.

They're better made than the Sakura games, but the "substance" is interacting with moe cat girls.

Well ok, that's what I was expecting. I'll probably get them at some point, but they have to be SUPER cheap. I still have way too many good stories to pick up on Steam.

I love the neko para 2 op! it makes me happy w

I'm gonna be spending a lot more time on grisaia in january... I'm a little under halfway with common route according to my friend and the game is super funny

I love the neko para 2 op! it makes me happy w

I'm gonna be spending a lot more time on grisaia in january... I'm a little under halfway with common route according to my friend and the game is super funny

You're about halfway done with the good part of the game IMHO, I didn't really like the routes. Haven't read Makina yet though

Top Bottom