• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Marche90

To those that have played Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, how is it? I mean, I know we've been asked this before, but I seriously don't remember the conseus of those times. At $10 it's very tempting lol

In other news, Noble Works is very fun, only two routes remaining.

cj_iwakura

To those that have played Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters, how is it? I mean, I know we've been asked this before, but I seriously don't remember the conseus of those times. At $10 it's very tempting lol

In other news, Noble Works is very fun, only two routes remaining.

Very unique, good story, cool cast. I enjoyed my time with it enough to beat it twice for another ending. The battle system takes getting used to, but the rest is yum.

Shizuka

Do you know what game is getting me surprised from all 2015 releases? Harvest December. No one is talking about it, I started it without any expectations and I'm already fairly impressed after the first month.

Do you know what game is getting me surprised from all 2015 releases? Harvest December. No one is talking about it, I started it without any expectations and I'm already fairly impressed after the first month.

I'm actually planning on buying that eventually, I just have too many things to play/read right now. There aren't a whole lot of people talking about it, but what I've heard seems fairly positive.

Shizuka

I'm actually planning on buying that eventually, I just have too many things to play/read right now. There aren't a whole lot of people talking about it, but what I've heard seems fairly positive.

I mean, the only thread on GAF was about the japanese release years ago. I might even do a proper OT, if I know more people here would be interested.

Marche90

I'm actually interested in it, but I still have no idea when I'll get a 3DS again. Ideally, it should be before February, just in time for Fire Emblem Fates

Good to hear that it is good so far.

jonjonaug

Holy shit Gakthun is so good. It's like Utena mixed with Demonbane mixed with an otome game. Tesla is the greatest character I've seen in a while.

ZIj1vBV.jpg

Marche90

Teaser for Gin'iro, Haruka, a new VN from VisualArt's brand, tone work's

One of the characters is a Canadian exchange student, which makes me happy. :)

This actually looks great. The way the story progresses according to the description is what interests me the most.

Hopefully down the line it gets considered for localization.

Also, somehow I got reminded of that VN with the Middle-aged protagonist which name currently escapes me and how there are no plans to get it localized :(
Edit: it is Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi.

I really need to find a way to learn Japanese down the line. Once I get a stable job I'll consider going to classes, since I'm not sure which online guide is the best to follow... Or if I'll be able to follow it consistently.

I was looking at Steamspy and saw that Grisaia is at over 16k sales now. That's around 14k purchases outside of the Kickstarter. It's had some nice legs since the Summer and it really shows how pointless it is to over-analyze launch sales on Steam. Clannad's at 11k after a month (without being priced below $42), I wonder how high that will end up going. 25-30k?

jonjonaug

Gakthun chapter 4: Not quite as good as chapters 2 and 3. Even though the Lovecraft homage was cool it was kind of dull. A lot of that chapter dragged on longer than it should have.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

They are currently also at $66,666 in pledges :p

b387fbedac.png

Oh and question guys:
I remember hearing about how butchered the disc copy of If My Heart Had Wings was, but if I recall, the Steam version is the fixed version of it? As in, it's still an all age version, but minus the unecessary localized cuts? I saw it's on sale and was thinking of maybe getting it, but wanted to double check on that.

Oh and question guys:
I remember hearing about how butchered the disc copy of If My Heart Had Wings was, but if I recall, the Steam version is the fixed version of it? As in, it's still an all age version, but minus the unecessary localized cuts? I saw it's on sale and was thinking of maybe getting it, but wanted to double check on that.

The Steam version is identical to the original release. It still has a terrible translation and all the same cuts.

Yuuichi

Edit:

Thought some of you would find this interesting:

reddit thread for Getchu's 2015 VN sales ranking

I saw this earlier and consider it next to useless. I won't disagree that it provides information, but getchu isn't even the most important of online retailers (that award goes to softmap) meaning that it only provides a small, very incomplete window to a much bigger picture. With the importance in the market placed on what are essentially retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses, I could see them easily affecting the sales of a game for one reason or another, which also has to be kept in mind.

Jazz573

New Clock Up project announced.

Written and Planned by Asou Ei (euphoria)
Art by Norizane (Buka no Tsuma to Imouto o Netoru Oji-san)
Directed by Akutsu Ryou (euphoria, Fraternite, Maggot Baits)

VNDB page, created by me

You can find the link to the site from there, since I don't feel comfortable linking it here.

New Clock Up project announced.

Written and Planned by Asou Ei (euphoria)
Art by Norizane (Buka no Tsuma to Imouto o Netoru Oji-san)
Directed by Akutsu Ryou (euphoria, Fraternite, Maggot Baits)

VNDB page, created by me

You can find the link to the site from there, since I don't feel comfortable linking it here.

i would be lying if i'm not interest by this alone
Need moar info.

steins;gate spoilers

i just got to the part where you get the letter
from suzuha from 2000. i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed i failed

why man. why?

;_;

Libra is dead in the water uh. I decided to back it but I guess my money won't be taken.

It's actually bounced back in the past few days. It was utterly dead during the holidays, but now it has an outside chance if they can keep moving 1k+ a day until the end surge.

Top Bottom