• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

There's now also a poll of what everyone wants the second mini story to involve. I guess it's up to us to decide. I mean, if it gets there, which it has a good chance of making.

They're only 20k away, they're definitely making the 3rd stretch goal. The Kickstarter is going to finish over 160k.

ln5UGHi.png

Can you feel it? I can.
;_;

LOL, you dont like Raidy? I happen to love the games, in a guilty pleasure/Rance sort of way. Maybe it justs because i'm a fan of old school RPG's, and Yuri BDSM. Or maybe you dont like the miniscule amount of het content? Or it's really rapey like Rance?

I think Raidy's bisexual, with a leaning towards woman, because those are 99 percent of her lovers.

Oh i like rance . rance 5,6,7,8 are things of beauty IMO .their replayability is Awesome. The game organic structure ( especially 6 & 7 ) allow for a lot of experimentation ..i feel like i'm playing a game , rpg or strategy/management first rather than a VN. It's the same thing with aselia the eternal.. for those games , the gameplay matters more than the Vn aspects.

Raidy is ...well i like the setting because it feels so old school .. i don't mind the characters ..but i dislike this kind of gameplay.
The same way i can't enjoy etrian odissey.. The closest i managed to enjoy was toshin toshi 1 & 2.

I like raidy, i like the world of raidy and the characters inside.. i just dislike how the game plays out.
In that sense demon master chris was much easier to accept ..it ws more accesible and less annoying to play than raidy from my own experience.

Lain

Only had one of the games in that Mangagamer Groupees bundle, so it was a good way to spend 10$ for stuff I'll probably never play. So someone else can have the one game I already have:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927445.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sexy Demon Transformation! -- MB-E82E5267DEAC2AFF - Taken by Shenhua Ling

You know the deal on how to use the MG bundle "keys". If you don't, it's simple: you go to MG website (which is a NSFW website), look for the game you won, put it in your cart and at the payment page only write (ah ah, write, I meant copy/paste) the code into the coupon slot and hit next to have your game.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like Sekai Project said they are publishing manga now, as well? Interesting... I guess that means they will self-publish the manga volumes that are also add-ons to some of their Kickstarters.

Hopefully the endeavor won't be prioritized over the games and such, and optimistically, maybe manga based on their published VNs will get to come out over here. Not many manga based on games get released in english. But yeah I remember when people were worried about NISA also handling anime, which seemed out of nowhere, but has worked fine for them balancing between the two.

Jazz573

So it looks like Sekai Project said they are publishing manga now, as well? Interesting... I guess that means they will self-publish the manga volumes that are also add-ons to some of their Kickstarters.

Hopefully the endeavor won't be prioritized over the games and such, and optimistically, maybe manga based on their published VNs will get to come out over here. Not many manga based on games get released in english. But yeah I remember when people were worried about NISA also handling anime, which seemed out of nowhere, but has worked fine for them balancing between the two.

They announced that at either AnimeExpo or Otakon last year.

grim-tales

Just started "Who is Mike?" - its only a short OELVN (2 hours apparently) but looks interesting. I like the unnerving atmosphere

Jazz573

Clannad KS Update #39: CLANNAD Production Update 8

Summary:

Update for the Steam version released a few days ago. Disc being sent to print on Monday. Boxes are in production and should be done by the end of the month. Package should be finished by the first week of February. Some info about the side stories. Some info about shipping. Plugs for Root Double and Libra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have the translation updates for today, up shortly.

Edit:

Translation Status Update January 17 from /r/visualnovels

Originally from /jp/ on 4chan

Fuwanovel version

grim-tales

Let me know what you think, that one looks pretty interesting.

I heard there's multiple endings
dont know if theres a true ending though. Right now I think maybe I'm a version of the main character from an AU or something? There's someone who looks exactly like me and acts the same way. But I have no "memory".... this is kinda weird

ETA: Got two endings so far
In both I end up dying? :s

Marche90

We probably will...
I hope
:lol

In... weirder news, Idea Factory just announced that they will launch an otome game based on, I shit you not, Osomatsu-san. Curious to see that one

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I know some are worried about Root Double, but with Libra done, I'm sure it will pick up. VNs just need to Kickstart at better times, to prevent these things from happening :/ We don't have infinite money to back everything at once! There's still 17 days left of Root, and I think with some reconstructing with the tiers, more exposure, etc, it'll start picking up. Libra was in that kind of state around that time in its KS, too.

Jazz573

I know some are worried about Root Double, but with Libra done, I'm sure it will pick up. VNs just need to Kickstart at better times, to prevent these things from happening :/ We don't have infinite money to back everything at once! There's still 17 days left of Root, and I think with some reconstructing with the tiers, more exposure, etc, it'll start picking up. Libra was in that kind of state around that time in its KS, too.
Should have had those tiers from the beginning, tho.

Top Bottom