• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

XMSHO

It isn't finished because it was never meant to be finished.

The whole game is meant to be an infinite loop meant to trap Blick Winkel in Kokoro/fake-Satoru's bodies. So that heyou can butt out of other people's lives and more specifically, stop causing real-Satoru's sister to have DID

At least that's my take on the game.

Yeah I reach similar conclusion. I know how Nakazawa feel that it's unreasonable to expect from the readers to do that much to reach this conclusion.
I think he meant it's unfinished in this sense, plus the fact that some info was hiding really deep inside the vn. But I think it paid off very well in the end.
GA also found some interesting info that support this way of thinking in different side materials: # & #

The whole game is meant to be an infinite loop meant to trap Blick Winkel in Kokoro/fake-Satoru's bodies. So that heyou can butt out of other people's lives and more specifically, stop causing real-Satoru's sister to have DID

holy shit

I'm due for a replay it seems

Shizuka

I might sell my key to someone that didn't back and want it ASAP, and just buy it when it's out for everybody on Steam.

Also, does Fruit of Grisaia end in a cliffhanger or any unfinished business? I want to start either that or Clannad, but I don't want an unfinished story just waiting for the sequel to be released.

Aku-Audi

I'm at the Sekai offices in Los Angeles this week. We'll be doing a live Q&A stream tomorrow (Dovac and I) and spend an hour or two just catching up on GDC. PM me any question you'd like me to answer on stream.

Some answers might be Limited, but Run them by me and im sure it'll all be fun and Games

I'm at the Sekai offices in Los Angeles this week. We'll be doing a live Q&A stream tomorrow (Dovac and I) and spend an hour or two just catching up on GDC. PM me any question you'd like me to answer on stream.

Some answers might be Limited, but Run them by me and im sure it'll all be fun and Games

Chance of getting the Ever 17 rights?

None, I guess :(

A more serious question though. Will there be any projects you are planning that are not just VNs, but VNs with gameplay elements? I really would love to see eushully games (though I know the rights to them are really high) or similar games that mix good gameplay and VN-elements.

I'd venture to guess Root Double Vita physical, but I know that's physically impossible :p

Edit: Ever17 would utterly annihilate every fibre of my being

Also, does Fruit of Grisaia end in a cliffhanger or any unfinished business? I want to start either that or Clannad, but I don't want an unfinished story just waiting for the sequel to be released.

There's no cliffhanger, just some teases for material in the next game. It doesn't dangle a sequel in front of you.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Ooooo Limited Run Games!!

TBH, I'd far rather hear about "how far are you on all the Vita versions you've promised" before people start talking about physical versions for said Vita versions.

Marche90

Do ho ho~

blacksark

Ohh yes, how many hours until that? hope that you make a strong collaboration with them.
I would also like to know about ever 17 too.

I'd patched Higurashi CH2 with voices a couple months ago. However, there seems to be some BGs missing. I don't want to replace the BGs with updated versions. How do I determine which BGs are missing?

edit: Many BGs seem to be missing. Can someone upload their CG folder (Data\Streaming Assets\CG)?

cj_iwakura

I'd patched Higurashi CH2 with voices a couple months ago. However, there seems to be some BGs missing. I don't want to replace the BGs with updated versions. How do I determine which BGs are missing?

edit: Many BGs seem to be missing. Can someone upload their CG folder (Data\Streaming Assets\CG)?

Mine doesn't have that folder. Just 'User Data', but it isn't the steam version, I got it straight from MG.

Mine doesn't have that folder. Just 'User Data', but it isn't the steam version, I got it straight from MG.

It turns out the issue is something else. Basically, randomly some backgrounds and/or sprites fail to show up. It's incredibly annoying. If I reset the game the missing CGs do reappear but others disappear.

grim-tales

Yeah I must say I was wrong, or more precisely my experience was incomplete at the time of my post. Having now finished the fucking long first trial I'm not so down on the experience, because if each mini game is on the weak side of things, the mix of all these sequences plus the advancing plot was pretty great. And there is the occasional odd Monokuma dialog that makes you go all 'what the hell is really going on here'. Quite enthralling.

I found the final minigame on Chapter 1
(where you have to rearrange the events of the story into a sort of manga) quite hard, getting used to it though

I really should get back into it

grim-tales

Oh my word, I never thought of it like that - holy shit :eek:
I'd still have liked a route where you break the loop though

They said Tenshin Ranman is going through crowdfunding.

Ever17's license is owned by 5pb and they tried talking to them and it doesn't sound likely to leave limbo anytime soon.

They just said that recent Otome Kickstarters makes them more reluctant to license them. b2g strikes again.

Oh there was some Yu No remake teasing earlier too, or at least Audi hinted that his connections there will lead to something.

Lain

Some post in and read the Limited Run Games thread. I usually don't, but I happened to look at it and saw Aku posted an explanation about Root Double Vita stuff that might be of interest to some if they, like me, don't really look at that thread:

Let me add to the licensing issue with the voices, just so you understand a little bit clearer why my lame excuse is rather valid to me at the very least.

The voice agency will want a seperated deal for us to distribute voices outside of the software package, even as DLC. And, we cannot simply license it forever.

So this means, we can distribute the voices in a large ass patch for a limited time window, for an additionally large sum of money (If every party even agrees to us doing so, which is a whole other can of worms). So as lame as I am, I am just making sure that instead of people getting a game physically and eventually having to deal with all those people who jump on the game way down the line who would not get voices potentially, the game will be available digitally for longer with voices.

Trust me, I gone out of my way to talk to Sony, the company, everyone about seeing how this could be possible. I can only bleed so much money before it becomes unreasonable for us to move forward on what every fan wants.

So, lame I know, but lame it will be. It's a complicated issue which most fans will shrug off as us not trying hard enough most likely.

Apologies for the audio quality, we haven't recieved our proper camera equipment at the office yet so we tried our best.

Yuuichi

interesting concept that makes sense given the context that most games have a limited print run, and there's probably some other sort of deal necessary for digital distribution.

blacksark

From an interview with uchikoshi:
You created anime, Punch line, that released last year. A visual novel for the anime came out on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Is there any chance that game can make it West?

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to comment on that at the moment, but there should be news coming soon. So stay tuned.

Shizuka

From an interview with uchikoshi:
You created anime, Punch line, that released last year. A visual novel for the anime came out on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Is there any chance that game can make it West?

Unfortunately I’m not allowed to comment on that at the moment, but there should be news coming soon. So stay tuned.

I bet it's NISA. Or Aksys.

Higurashi Watanagashi- CH5
HOLY SHIT SHION YOU CON-NI-VING BASTARD WOW

She went real brutal on Mion, OUCH. Still strikes the chords of my heart. <3

Top Bottom