• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

crimilde

Banned
I finally gave in and ordered Steins;Gate 0 for Vita from cdjapan. This wait for localization is killing me.
I have no reading skills but I can understand around 80% of spoken stuff (anime-level :p) so hopefully I'll get the main points.

rickyson1

so how's root double regarded? first i've heard of it and wondering if it's worth getting

I suppose the obvious question since it talks up a connection with ever17 and i've played both of them is how does it compare to ever17/remember11?

jonjonaug

No. I'm still right. A Japanese localization company means they localize into Japanese. An English localization company means they localize into English, which they do. Also while the company may be located in Japan, the staff aren't necessarily Japanese. Especially the CEO, who judging from his name is clearly NOT Japanese.
Momose is a Japanese name.

Is there a way of patching Higurashi Watanagashi with voices ONLY? Onikakushi had a modified voice-only patch, and I'm out of ideas on how to fix the game crashing in Chapter 6. It says it couldn't find some texture(s) which actually IS in the CG file. Weird shit.

I really, really, really, really, REALLY love the blurry backgrounds of Umineko and Higurashi, I don't want to change those. :(

Knurek

No. I'm still right. A Japanese localization company means they localize into Japanese. An English localization company means they localize into English, which they do.

It's a Japanese company (as in, incorporated in Japan) that does English localization, but also handles online payments in Japan, not unlike, say, Paypal (AFAIK).

I'm not a native speaker, like you I imagine, but as far as I understand English grammar, an 'English localization company' explicitly means a company that localizes and that an UK entity.

Jazz573

It's a Japanese company (as in, incorporated in Japan) that does English localization, but also handles online payments in Japan, not unlike, say, Paypal (AFAIK).

I'm not a native speaker, like you I imagine, but as far as I understand English grammar, an 'English localization company' explicitly means a company that localizes and that an UK entity.

That's not how I would interpret it. But whatever, this is a silly conversation anyway.

Knurek

That's not how I would interpret it. But whatever, this is a silly conversation anyway.

Would you say it's a Sakura-like conversation?

To keep things focused, I've been playing a lot of short OELVNs lately, just to tide me over till Root Double releases... Played ebi-hime games previously, and now I'm close to finishing Cyanide Tea output.
The later is not really my cup of tea (I have wrong chromosome makeup for Otome games), but the art is, like, really lovely and the writing's not that bad as well.
Anything out there I should keep on my list?

Jazz573

Would you say it's a Sakura-like conversation?

To keep things focused, I've been playing a lot of short OELVNs lately, just to tide me over till Root Double releases... Played ebi-hime games previously, and now I'm close to finishing Cyanide Tea output.
The later is not really my cup of tea (I have wrong chromosome makeup for Otome games), but the art is, like, really lovely and the writing's not that bad as well.
Anything out there I should keep on my list?

Well it isn't exactly short but, Tokyo Babel comes at the end of this month. Not so sure Root Double is coming this month anymore.

So uh, MangaGamer is discontinuing sales of Shuffle and Soul Link on March 31st.

Jazz573

Muv-Luv KS Update #27: Roar to the Future!

1. First batch of gift bags have been sent out.
2. Sumiya and Ayamine pillowcase illustrations have been updated.
3. Official English site muvluv.moe has launched.
4. Schwarzesmarken - Kouketsu no Monshou is on Greenlight.
5. Muv-Luv Extra and Unlimited will be released this Summer, with Japanese language support.
6. They will be at Anime Expo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know what day MG's panel at Anime Boston is?

Oh man, Higurashi has me again hook, line and sinker.

(Watanagashi)
So damn mad right now that Higurashi Sui is on Vita and it'll never, ever be in English (200+ hours long from what a friend tells me).

I really like Shion. Like, really really like her.

Also, I forgave the PS3 backgrounds for not being blurry the moment I saw they were 16:9. The sprites also seem more expressive so got used to those as well.

Except for Shion and the Watanagashi double meaning reveal, I think I like Onikakushi more so far. That said, I'm already psyched like crazy for Tatarigoshi. I can't have enough of this game so far.

Knurek

I've just wrapped up this little, free game (4.5 hours with a guide, YMMV) and I can safely recommend it to anyone looking for a good evening.
I'd say it's the closest thing to Saya no Uta that can be put on Steam with Valve's current 'adult content' policy.

Sekai Project has been talking about how they are making 5 game announcements and one manga one, but hasn't been clear on which day they'll be making them.

So 8 new game related announcements from SP and MangaGamer today and tomorrow.

Jazz573

Well maybe Audi can shed some insight? I mean if he's permitted of course.

It might be more likely at Sakuracon since it's a two hour panel.

Can't wait for Albatross Sky Butlers.

Knurek

Sekai Project has been talking about how they are making 5 game announcements and one manga one, but hasn't but clear on which day they'll be making them.

So 8 new game related announcements from SP and MangaGamer today and tomorrow.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give ROOT DOUBLE, Aku.

Top Bottom