• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Knurek

What could Mangagamer announce tomorrow?

白光のヴァルーシア ~What a beautiful hopes~
紫影のソナーニル ~What a beautiful memories~

(One can only hope)

Jazz573

白光のヴァルーシア ~What a beautiful hopes~
紫影のソナーニル ~What a beautiful memories~

(One can only hope)

;_; Not in a million years. Please tell me you played Gakhthun.

What could Mangagamer announce tomorrow?

Kindred Spirits hard copy is probable based on their teases in the survey blog post. The rest of the teases I don't think anyone has figured out.

I'm waiting for Steam release :p
Then you can't complain if more Steampunk games don't get localized.

Though after how well Kindred Spirits has done, I wouldn't count out other Liarsoft titles if they can be put on Steam.

Knurek

Then you can't complain if more Steampunk games don't get localized.

Though after how well Kindred Spirits has done, I wouldn't count out other Liarsoft titles if they can be put on Steam.

Do I look like I'm complaining?
It's not that I want to have a Steam version, it's just that I don't have the means to buy anything directly from MG. As long as Paypal doesn't like them, at least (no CC here).

Shizuka

Well they're announcing stuff today. At 10pm EDT. I guess 11pm for you.

Hmm. I have like.no idea what they'll announce.

Oh, somehow I thought it'd be after midnight here. I'll try to stay up for the announcements. I hope they announce a hardcopy OZMAFIA release.

Jazz573

Do I look like I'm complaining?
It's not that I want to have a Steam version, it's just that I don't have the means to buy anything directly from MG. As long as Paypal doesn't like them, at least (no CC here).

I believe if you email MG they usually can work something out.

Oh, somehow I thought it'd be after midnight here. I'll try to stay up for the announcements. I hope they announce a hardcopy OZMAFIA release.

I doubt they will announce an OZMAFIA hardcopy because they usually base whether or not they do that based on the game's sales.

Also, that new avatar. o_O

Their third Sakuracon game is Maitetsu, which is an 18+ lolicon game.

It's a bizarre thing to come from Steam or bust Sekai Project.

MangaGamer announced that Bokuten will be coming to Steam. Full port, will work on Macs and Linux.
And they're releasing Imopara 2.
And lastly, Kindred Spirits Drama CDs.

Jazz573

MG just updated the section for Anime Central on their announcements page. Two announcements, one of them is a new partner.

Yuuichi

>SP licensing まいてつ

Wow, I'm actually not sure how to respond

It's not gonna end well though, lol. I think lose has had thier twitter deleted two or three times in the last couple years.

How do you sell it in canada without getting people arrested?

Who even plays these?

Jazz573

>SP licensing まいてつ

It's not gonna end well though, lol. I think lose has had thier twitter deleted two or three times in the last couple years.

Who even plays these?

Well if I were to buy it digitally I don't think anything would happen.

I have a free copy of Sugar + Spice from when Chuablesoft was giving it away for free. Burned on a disc. Probably illegal. Don't give a shit.

>SP licensing まいてつ

Who even plays these?

I can't imagine they sell anything but a heavily altered Steam release. Even then they will probably get some headaches when people try to patch that stuff back in.

jonjonaug

>SP licensing まいてつ

Who even plays these?

Lolicons, I guess.

My real concern is that if Sekai puts this on Steam and it gets taken down because of the associated baggage, then this might keep Valve from allowing other visual novels with risque content in the future and reverse the recent trend of games like Kindred Spirits on Steam.

EDIT: On the other hand, the potential schadenfreude of Sekai being banned from Steam might just be worth it.

Yuuichi

From the small clips I've seen, it has among the most conplete* implementations of live2d, and is the highest production value game with the tech yet.

*I personally didn't think what I've seen looks as good as even himawari, it's even more exaggerated

edit: also, I'd imagine the only place they can fund it is indiegogo, good luck getting good press for it

From the small clips I've seen, it has among the most conplete* implementations of live2d, and is the highest production value game with the tech yet.

*I personally didn't think what I've seen looks as good as even himawari, it's even more exaggerated

edit: also, I'd imagine the only place they can fund it is indiegogo, good luck getting good press for it

Trying to crowdfund that is a disaster waiting to happen.

jonjonaug

How will this be any different from MG releasing say, Imopara?

For one thing, this is going on Steam, so it's going to cut the ero out I guess? While still being obviously a lolicon game.

Second, the developer is known for actual "not even pretending to be 18 or older" lolicon content. Some people I followed on twitter commented that for an "all ages" version of the game they'd have to take out a shitload of ero.

Jazz573

Don't see how this train loli game can make it onto steam tbh.

By ripping out all the 18+ (or not 18+, lol) content. Still will probably be an uproar. From people mad that they aren't getting an 18+ version, and people demanding the game be taken down.

mankoto

For one thing, this is going on Steam, so it's going to cut the ero out I guess? While still being obviously a lolicon game.

Second, the developer is known for actual "not even pretending to be 18 or older" lolicon content. Some people I followed on twitter commented that for an "all ages" version of the game they'd have to take out a shitload of ero.

Monobeno was also remade to be an All-Ages game, so it should be fine, right? As long as there are scenes to replace it, it should be fine. Or is there just that much that would need to be replaced?

Jazz573

Monobeno was also remade to be an All-Ages game, so it should be fine, right? As long as there are scenes to replace it, it should be fine. Or is there just that much that would need to be replaced?

Yeah. And just the fact that people on Steam will be screaming calling SP a "pedo company". And people who want 18+ will be angry.

mankoto

Yeah. And just the fact that people on Steam will be screaming calling SP a "pedo company". And people who want 18+ will be angry.

This situation just seems really weird.

I mean, yeah sure people will scream that this is a pedo game, but I think those are just people are just mostly trolls. Of course that's as long as nothing is implied like in that one part of Yohjo Simulator.

As for people who want the 18+ release, I honestly get that. You want the game as the way as it was intended and what not. But at the same time, I'd expect some unofficial patch that puts it back in like there always is.

Jazz573

This situation just seems really weird.

I mean, yeah sure people will scream that this is a pedo game, but I think those are just people are just mostly trolls. Of course that's as long as nothing is implied like in that one part of Yohjo Simulator.

As for people who want the 18+ release, I honestly get that. You want the game as the way as it was intended and what not. But at the same time, I'd expect some unofficial patch that puts it back in like there always is.

At the rate Sekai Project is releasing games, I'll probably be fluent enough in Japanese to play the original, by the time SP's release comes out. :p

Lain

Looks like the only interesting thing for me are the Kindred Spirits Drama CDs.
OK, Bokuten on Steam is also interesting.

It'll be intriguing to see how things evolve in regards to Sekai's third game.

Yuuichi

I'm actually curious where they're going to go with this.

They could make it about a different set of characters (Saki on the site makes me wonder if they'll do this), they could pull a Bansenjin and start it after
the final sequence of the game, where Masaya gets back into FC and Aoi finds redemption in this.
Although it's not clear what happens before that sequence (and as a result, where they would start from), since I think it just plays after you complete the all the routes.

With the current cast, I don't think there's that much further that they can take the plot, I felt the original did everything it set out to do. Otherwise it's gonna turn into TTGL pretty quickly, as more and more powerful strategies materialize out of thin air.

You bet I'm gonna buy it regardless though.

What a mess.
While i'm happy that titles are localised , i can't help but look at those titles and take a waiting stance.

At the rate Sekai Project is releasing games, I'll probably be fluent enough in Japanese to play the original, by the time SP's release comes out. :p

ice cold

Marche90

I'm actually curious where they're going to go with this.

They could make it about a different set of characters (Saki on the site makes me wonder if they'll do this), they could pull a Bansenjin and start it after
the final sequence of the game, where Masaya gets back into FC and Aoi finds redemption in this.
Although it's not clear what happens before that sequence (and as a result, where they would start from), since I think it just plays after you complete the all the routes.

With the current cast, I don't think there's that much further that they can take the plot, I felt the original did everything it set out to do. Otherwise it's gonna turn into TTGL pretty quickly, as more and more powerful strategies materialize out of thin air.

You bet I'm gonna buy it regardless though.

This kind of post makes me sad that A) I can't read Japanese and B) The Aokana "translation" went off the rails pretty badly (if it can even be called that)

It'll be a cold day in hell when it happens.

Technically, they wouldn't, anyway. That would be Denpa.
The one do I hope it gets the 18+ version is Ley-line...

I assume they release the Loli-Game for the Nekopara crowd on Steam. I mean even the second game is out for 1 month and sold about 55.000 times and that loli-game looks like its going into a similar direction.

Imo its actually quite sad that Nekopara sells so well, while fault, WEE2, Sound of drop and G-Senjou are not the hottest selling titles...

Top Bottom