• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Jazz573

So I started Tokyo Babel. It's pretty good. It feels strikingly similar to the Megami Tensei series. Not just that they draw from the same source. But the Tokyo Babel structure is very similar to a plot point in Shin Megami Tensei Ii. Not to mention MegaTen is set in Tokyo.

Anko

Finally finished my replay of Flowers Spring. I really hope JAST gives this the localisation it deserves. It's a beautifully written VN, with a lot of lines that I really like. It would be a shame for it to be butchered by a subpar translation. I enjoyed this second pkaythrough a lot, but I shall refrain from speaking too much about it lest I spoil someone. I do hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did through the English localisation.

Onward to Summer! And then the highly anticipated Autumn. I really do need to rush to make it for Autumn's release, but Granblue Fantasy is taking up a lot of my time...

In the meantime, I'll be looping "forget-me-not". Damn I love this soundtrack.

Shoyz

readingsteiner tweeted this url: chaoschildanime.com

Presumably a 41 day countdown to the PV? Finally hope for a 2016 release afterall?

I'm sure the anime had a lot to do with finally getting Steins;Gate localized, so fingers crossed this adaptation ends up more like that, less like Chaos;Head.

Jazz573

Only a few hours remain until MG's Anime Central Panel. Six announcements, including one new partner. I'm excited, but trying to keep my hopes to a reasonable level. I'm not expecting Albatross Sky Butlers or anything like that tho. :p

Anyone know if SP has anything planned? I hope not because they have way too many unreleased projects.

Sekai Project has two announcements from two new partners. Visual Arts also has a thing, but I don't know if they are announcing anything.

I'm not going to get too hyped up because I still expect big news to be saved for AX/Otakon.

Knurek

Only a few hours remain until MG's Anime Central Panel. Six announcements, including one new partner. I'm excited, but trying to keep my hopes to a reasonable level. I'm not expecting Albatross Sky Butlers or anything like that tho. :p

• Higurashi Steam version dropped due to bad sales.
  • Umineko Steam version to launch soon, sell even worse, peter out after 2 episodes
  • Further What a beautiful world titles that were planned for release scrapped due to bad sales
  • Kindred Spirits full voice edition, available separately for $45 or as a DLC upgrade from Steam version for $35
  • Mangagamer to solely focus on nukige from now on
  • New partner? Winged Cloud back from Sekai back from Mangagamer back from Sekai

;)

SP's announcements.
2236 A.D.
Developer: Chloro
Trailer

In the Spring of 2231, mankind has evolved a new kind of communication ability called “telepathy.” In his first term, Yotsuba, notices a girl who doesn’t use the telepathy abilities. As the days pass by, she remains closed off. One day, in the yard of his home, Yotsuba finds a Phillips-head screwdriver. He traces its origins to a nearby abandoned manor and proceeded to investigate what’s inside. Why did the girl never use her telepathic abilities? What will Yotsuba find inside the mysterious abandoned manor?

Note: An all-ages version and adult version will be scheduled for release on Steam and Denpasoft respectively.
MAGICALxSPIRAL
Developer: Broken Desk

Medianne Phirtia, a student residing in Midgard, has long-held admirations for the ‘Celestria’ — it’s a place spoken of in fairy tales where magic users dwell. During her study breaks, Medianne would often read books about such fairy tales…until finally, she was able to determine the existence of the Celestria thanks to her research. The mysterious ‘Tower of Phantasm’ that lies in the very center of the world: that is the entrance to the Celestria!
Ne no Kami: The Two Princess Knights of Kyoto
Developer: Kuro Irodoru Yomiji

We previously announced this game last year, but now we’re moving forward with having an IndieGoGo campaign page for the game starting on May 25th!

MangaGamer's Announcements:

Beat Blades Haruka, Kara no Shojo 2, and Kindred Spirits are all getting physical LEs.

Edit: Euphoria too.

Fata Morgana fandisc officially announced, though it was already revealed in the main game.

Jazz573

Two announcements have been made so far. One is a limited edition of Beat Blades Haruka, and the other is a limited eidtion of Kara no Shoujo 2.

Edit: Beaten.

Final announcement is that Waffle is their new partner, with their first game being Kyonyuu Fantasy (under the cringeworthy translation of Funbag Fantasy).

Edit 2:

Anime Expo special guests are Shigeo Hamashima who is the artist for Eroge!, euphoria, and No, Thank You!!!, and nbkz, a founding member of minori, and the president and art director, and who directed ef, eden*, and SPPL.

These guests make me think at AX they will announce a new Clockup and minori title for localization.

Knurek

Umineko ch1-4 out 7/8

While I'm waiting with Higu purchasing till they have the whole game available, preferably with voice patch, this one I'll be getting day one.

I just hope it will be compatible with PS3 patches. I can't imagine reading Umineko without voice acting.

Yuuichi

While the MG announcements are kind of "lame," if I'm remembering correctly, games needed to meet a certain sales threshold (including being profitable) to be considered for hard copies, and to see all of these games (in all thier variety) do that well for them is very good.

While the MG announcements are kind of "lame," if I'm remembering correctly, games needed to meet a certain sales threshold (including being profitable) to be considered for hard copies, and to see all of these games (in all thier variety) do that well for them is very good.

Some they do because they know certain titles will sell at their con booths and they are getting these out before AX for that reason. But yeah, Kindred Spirits and Euphoria have done especially well and I suppose KNS2 has done well enough to get this treatment (which is good when there was a lot of hand wringing about the title's performance last year).

Knurek

New Umineko art? New Umineko art:

20160520124216.jpg

And the real news:

Kindred Spirits Drama CD 2 out 5/27
Higurashi ch 3 out 6/24
Umineko ch1-4 out 7/8

They already have Supipara for minori.

FUCK YES, FUCKING FINALLY. FUCKING. FINALLY.

Wait... the FIRST FOUR CHAPTERS OF UMINEKO?!

oh shit

ooohhhh shiiitttt

OOOOOOHHHHHHHSHHHHHIIIIEEEETTTTTT

edit: That Jessica face is deeply disturbing lol

4 chapters of Umineko meanwhile Higurashi only just reaches chapter 3 :(

Higurashi is getting completely retranslated, Umineko is getting re-edited. Umineko's release plan is a response to the issues Higurashi has had.

Though I do think it weird that they are releasing these only two weeks apart.

At a press conference with AniTAY at Anime Central, Visual Arts CEO Takahiro Baba announced an official English release of the upcoming visual novel Rewrite+. Rewrite+ is a remake of the famous visual novel Rewrite, which was never released in the United States and is receiving an anime adaptation this summer.
Source.

Ok, I'm excited for this one.

jonjonaug

Source.

Ok, I'm excited for this one.

Expected since there's already an English TL for most of it to work off of and the anime's coming up. Plus Ixrec's had Harvest Festa almost entirely done for a while now according to people who helped test it, but hasn't updated his site in a while. So it was pretty obvious that was incoming. I wasn't sure if they'd wait until AX to announce it.

Hopefully it gets a good edit pass.

Expected since there's already an English TL for most of it to work off of and the anime's coming up. Plus Ixrec's had Harvest Festa almost entirely done for a while now according to people who helped test it, but hasn't updated his site in a while. So it was pretty obvious that was incoming. I wasn't sure if they'd wait until AX to announce it.

Hopefully it gets a good edit pass.

I wonder how far out it is given how many localization projects Visual Arts has now.

Top Bottom