• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Lain

Sekai Project Announces “Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline” at Animazement
Yuri-themed visual novel from Japanese development studio, Cosmillica takes a road trip West
LOS ANGELES – May 27, 2016 – Hello Nashville! Sekai Project, a rising publisher and licenser of Japanese new media and electronic entertainment today announced, during their live panel at Animazement in Raleigh, NC, that they will be publishing and localizing Cosmillica’s yuri-themed visual novel, Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline.

Fans can interact with Sekai Project during Animazement on social media using the hashtag, "#SPANIMAZE2016." A synopsis for Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline can be found below.

Amanda Etheridge is an ordinary woman; a closeted lesbian working at an advertising agency in New York...at least until the huge project she was in charge of collapsed through no fault of her own. As a result, the former workaholic has been put on paid leave, but without her work, what is there for her to do? Well, her boss did tell her to get out there, meet new people, and expand her horizons....

Guided by the sweet sound of country songs playing on the radio, she travels to Nashville alone. Reluctantly leaving her old life behind, she arrives in this colorful, musical city-- and hears the whisper of an angel: "Hello, Nashville. Would you like to hear a song about love?"

Created by Cosmillica, the development studio behind the action-packed, brazen visual novel, ATOM GRRRL!!, Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline looks to provide players with a romantic, heartwarming story about a woman who follows her heart to find adventure, music, and love…leaving the woes of her nine to five job in the reflection of her car’s rear view mirror.

NOTE: An all-ages version and adult version will be scheduled for release on Steam and Denpasoft respectively.

More details on Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline will be revealed in the coming months.
Love, Guitars, and the Nashville Skyline Trailer

Not sure if it goes under the scope of this thread anymore :)c) but Zero Time Dilemma will reportedly be released "a few days at most" after the handhelds' release day

Knurek

Not sure if it goes under the scope of this thread anymore :)c) but Zero Time Dilemma will reportedly be released "a few days at most" after the handhelds' release day

Any news of 999 and ZTD PC versions?
Chunsoft is insane if it thinks many people will buy third game in an extremely story-focused series without having access to the first two.

You'll be able to sell the watch for $100+ a couple months after release, guaranteed.
That's the reason to keep my pre-order, to ebay it.
Any news of 999 and ZTD PC versions?
Chunsoft is insane if it thinks many people will buy third game in an extremely story-focused series without having access to the first two.
A fan asked about PC ports for 999/VLR. "That's a thought. Anything is possible." @Aksys_Danny even mentioned consoles as a possibility.
That sounds like all but a confirmation to my ears.

Anko

Amazon shipped my copy of flowers last night, but DHL has failed me. It's still sitting in Japan. Years of next day deliveries and they've decided now would be a good time to break that pattern.

AmiAmi's copy might reach me tomorrow if my local post decides to work harder. They shipped a day earlier.

Third copy uses deputy so no way in hell that reaches me first.

Inb4 none reach me before the weekend is up. Damn you, Friday releases.

Verelios

Can you elaborate more on this? Seems silly to dismiss all of them. Have you played Kira Kira or Deardrops? Symphonic Rain?
To be fair, Kira Kira was pretty much a drama game masked as a music VN. Surprisingly well done, given I thought it'd be anice average experience.

Edit: Why have I not heard of Fate Morgana before this? This seems amazing as I loved Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo, though, what's with Gothic style and Lolita characters.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Can you elaborate more on this? Seems silly to dismiss all of them. Have you played Kira Kira or Deardrops? Symphonic Rain?

I find it abhorrent on a conceptual level. People playing music is, generally speaking, not really that interesting. Any drama is going to come from outside of the music gimmick, and I don't want to listen to Jpop, let alone have a game focused on the performance of that drivel.

I'm guessing the conceit in like 90% of those games is that you're a manager and you get to bang out your kawaii employees, and that's kind of cool. But I still don't want to play them.

I find it abhorrent on a conceptual level. People playing music is, generally speaking, not really that interesting. Any drama is going to come from outside of the music gimmick, and I don't want to listen to Jpop, let alone have a game focused on the performance of that drivel.

I'm guessing the conceit in like 90% of those games is that you're a manager and you get to bang out your kawaii employees, and that's kind of cool. But I still don't want to play them.

Abhorrent? You have a really strange opinion on this. And no, that description doesn't fit any of those three games.

I haven't played any music VNs myself, but speaking as a musician, there is a LOT of drama that goes on behind the creation of music. In particular, the creation of art is often informed by the things going on in ones personal life, and you also have the dimension of the musicians and how they interact with each other as well as how that comes through in the final artistic product. Looking at it strictly from a storywise perspective, it's just another way to bring several characters together and give them a common goal, sure, but I think it's a pretty open-ended way to do that.

grim-tales

999/VLR on PC sounds an interesting idea, but only if they would anything extra over the original versions of the game (DS/3DS/Vita) imo. For staters
there's no way to do the amazing twist in 999 which is specific to the DS

999/VLR on PC sounds an interesting idea, but only if they would anything extra over the original versions of the game (DS/3DS/Vita) imo. For staters
there's no way to do the amazing twist in 999 which is specific to the DS
Porting the IOS version wouldn't be so bad. The things specific to the DS version aren't as important as some make them out to be.

I haven't played any music VNs myself, but speaking as a musician, there is a LOT of drama that goes on behind the creation of music. In particular, the creation of art is often informed by the things going on in ones personal life, and you also have the dimension of the musicians and how they interact with each other as well as how that comes through in the final artistic product. Looking at it strictly from a storywise perspective, it's just another way to bring several characters together and give them a common goal, sure, but I think it's a pretty open-ended way to do that.
I can understand someone not liking Jpop, but as you said, the musical setting in a lot of these games is a backdrop for character drama. Though I quite like the band stuff and music in Deardrops.

I'll readily admit that I have no idea what I'm talking about. But they really don't look like something I'd like.
Maybe not, but you went pretty far calling the concept of VNs with a musical setting abhorrent and all the music drivel.

Aku-Audi

As someone who had the misfortune of working on ATOM GRRRL (though I love the dev so I feel bad saying that), Nashville is like 200% better and actually has rather strong characters and art direction. Some good music too.

ATOM GRRRL was more like an experiment, kinda like that time Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men did a duet and it really didn't work out.

Shizuka

As someone who had the misfortune of working on ATOM GRRRL (though I love the dev so I feel bad saying that), Nashville is like 200% better and actually has rather strong characters and art direction. Some good music too.

ATOM GRRRL was more like an experiment, kinda like that time Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men did a duet and it really didn't work out.

Have you come to bring us some Vita news?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Maybe not, but you went pretty far calling the concept of VNs with a musical setting abhorrent and all the music drivel.

I like to exaggerate, though I am being sincere when I dismiss jpop as drivel.

Anyway, Zero Escape on PC June 30. That's kind of an amazing thought.

aravuus

Hmm... I suppose playing on a PSTV or PC would be essentially the same for me, as my PC and TV are next to each other.

Will probably end up buying the Vita version, provided it supports PSTV, of course. Or maybe I'll just double dip cause the series needs more love.

Top Bottom