• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So... this is the release of Umineko I should be buying, right? That series confuses the hell out of me with its releases, for some reason.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
So... this is the release of Umineko I should be buying, right? That series confuses the hell out of me with its releases, for some reason.

Theres only 3 including this one though. Original, PS3/PSP (JP Only), and this.
I'd say this one is the one to get due to English and moddability being a option that will be supported officially.

Knurek

Wait for the fanmade voice patch.
Alternatively, buy the Steam version to support Ryuukishi07, play the original release with voice and PS3 sprite patches.

yami4ct

Been slowly working my way through Stens;Gate a bit every night. Got my first ending. Irreversible Reboot. Really sweet ending that expanded on Suzuha and Okabe and neat ways. Nice twist from where the true end/anime go. I have larger thoughts on that game, but I'll save them for when I finish everything. Going to use a guide from here. The Phone Trigger system is too obtuse for my taste.

Do we have an idea on how Steinsl;Gate 0 was received? It's been out for a good while in Japan, but I haven't really seen any indication as to if people are digging it or not. Really hope it's good. Could use more Steins;Gate.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Oh really? I've just heard gushing and is generally considered to be better than the original from the people I've read impressions from.

Yuuichi

I've heard it's not quite as good as the original, but is a fitting sequel. I'll be picking it up later this summer when it hits PC.

Damn i knew the leisure of grisaia would be short considering the price it is on steam but GODDAMN it is short

40 minutes ( and that includes the Ending credits ) and there is like 1 side story of the common route within.
Even at 2.99$ it's still a bit ... pricey

Damn i knew the leisure of grisaia would be short considering the price it is on steam but GODDAMN it is short

40 minutes ( and that includes the Ending credits ) and there is like 1 side story of the common route within.
Even at 2.99$ it's still a bit ... pricey

That's not that pricey at all. It's $2.39, you have to be really miserly to complain about value.

it's not about value . it's about it being short . i freaking love the franchise, so i kinda wanted more. i at least wanted to reach the hour , you know ?

I wish there was more, but what was there didn't leave me feeling robbed of $2 and change. Grisaia's comedy is the best part of the franchise, I'd definitely take more.

it's not about value . it's about it being short . i freaking love the franchise, so i kinda wanted more. i at least wanted to reach the hour , you know ?

Maybe it would help if you think about it less as paying for the amount of content and more as paying for the amount of work that went into getting it translated and released. Front Wing does need to make a least a little money for it to have been worth doing in the first place, and if it were priced at like $1.50 or less it'd probably be a lot more iffy for them to even break even.

Maybe it would help if you think about it less as paying for the amount of content and more as paying for the amount of work that went into getting it translated and released. Front Wing does need to make a least a little money for it to have been worth doing in the first place, and if it were priced at like $1.50 or less it'd probably be a lot more iffy for them to even break even.
Aas i said i'm fine with the content , i just wish it lasted me at least 1 hour. I don't regret the purchase

Root Double physical cover images.

Looking good! Guess I'm in the minority that's waiting till it comes in to play. Glad it's coming in a real nice looking set :)

my only regret is that i did not pledge for physical . Had i more money at the time , maybe i would have..because the game's became one of my favorites.
Awesome cover , btw

Lain

Introducing Sekai Project’s Official Mascot

As some of you may have noticed, over the weekend at Anime Central we had a number of promotional goodies we were giving out including something with a mysterious, girl in blue. Who was she, you ask? Perhaps a character from an upcoming, unannounced license? While we’re certainly amused with the idea, that’s not quite it.

And with that said, Sekai Project is proud to announce our first mascot character, Sena Aozora!
senaaozora2.png

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Is the PC version of Steins;Gate 0 the best version this time, or is it another instance where the console versions got higher res assets?

Is the PC version of Steins;Gate 0 the best version this time, or is it another instance where the console versions got higher res assets?

The PC version isn't out yet, but I think it's identical to the PS4 version. It certainly shouldn't be a scenario like the first game as the PC release is last.

Aku-Audi

Yes, but it has a reversible cover to reflect both 18+ and the all ages release and comes with the steam keys in case you aren't in the market for 18+ content.

XMSHO

Although the recommended HDD space for C;C was 17GB, when it came out it was only around 8GB.
So it could be a strange calculation such as (the size of the installation file + the size of the VN)... because you will need this space during installation.

I just finished world end economica ep 1.

Why am i so angry ?
Why ?

I feel like punching someone.

WEE1 sole strenght was in the writting. Very good writing with great characters. The game as i played it lacked enough backgrounds , needed more CGs.
The music was alright but didn't loop correctly
It's a good game.

But that ending..

That ending...

i Fear starting episode 2 now.

For me it was obvious that baron was a little too generous, i wish i could have a choice telling me to choose between my info or hagana. I feel like i don't want this.

JulianImp

And the real news:

Kindred Spirits Drama CD 2 out 5/27
Higurashi ch 3 out 6/24
Umineko ch1-4 out 7/8

Umineko coming out the day before my birthday... グッド! I'll continue supporting 7th expansion stuff on Steam because it's awesome, even though I've already read through it all.

All this makes me wonder if we'll ever get Higanbana on Steam as well. It'd be pretty cool to see it get new art, since it never got any releases outside of its original one.

Yes fata morgana is definitely a must read. An overall really depressing VN with unique artstyle and ambitious soundtrack that fits the atmosphere of the game really well, many of the tracks are vocal, which was especially great in most VNs you'll hear them only in special momemts or as opening and ending themes.

The characters and their background stories were the strongest points of the VN for me. It has many punch in the gut feeling moments, and many moments of desolation and hopelessness.

The twists and betrayal moments are well executed as well. Together with root double my favourite VN so far this year.

Top Bottom