• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

aravuus

Got root A's normal ending in Root Double. Pretty intriguing stuff so far. The overuse of the Utterly Generic Sad Piano Song during the final 30 minutes was comical, though. Parody level hilarious. Can't wait for it to ruin later emotional moments for me.

Overall I'd rate it 'Disconcerting lack of Schrödinger's Cat out of 5' so far.

e: Can't seem to be able to get the good ending. Goddamn visual novels and their event flags.

e2: got it.
The way everyone just went nuts in the end was fucking dumb but whatever, I'm sure it was just the Anime-WX Particles floating in the air.
Otherwise I quite liked it, lots of questions I hope I'll get satisfying answers for later on.

XMSHO

The music was a bit lacking from what I seen in Root A IMHO, some tracks tried so hard in imitating Takeshi Abo style.
And the choices of the tracks in some scenes were plain wrong and unfitting at all. Aside from that Root A was indeed very intriguing and I liked the normal ending a lot.

Aku-Audi

GAF gets to choose, should I wear a Ninja Turtles t-shirt, Nekopara t-shirt or a Asterix and Obelix tshirt for the live stream event?

Anko

Note: June 16th for the Americans.

Hot off the 4chan presses.
2E9aBFS.jpg
Steam listing: http://store.steampowered.com/app/485040/
VNDB: https://vndb.org/v16610
Official site (JP): http://hakuai.kogado.com/
Famitsu news reporting this (JP): http://www.famitsu.com/news/201606/09107805.html

Hakuisei Aijou Izonsho (officially Nurse Love Addiction in English) will apparently be available in 7 days on the 17th of June, 2016 (16th in America?).

Did I miss the announcement or did this just come out of nowhere?

Anyway, yet another major yuri release!

It's a silly and fun VN set in a nursing school where ladies are free to love other ladies, get married and even have children together. In other words, a world apart from the serious and grounded Flowers. Not that any of that is a bad thing. It's just different.

I really had fun with this one. It features seiyuu Tamura Yukari, Asakura Azumi, Hara Yumi, Imai Asami and Kakuma Ai. It is actually the second in the white robe series but the story is standalone. They just share the same world.

Edit: That Asky though. *cringe*

Anko

Yeah that just came completely out of nowhere.

Edit: Let us know if the release is any good if you pick it up, Anko.

Will do. That Asky thing isn't very encouraging but I'll be replaying this in English for sure.

...I seriously have too many copies of this VN. Then again, that pretty much applies for every yuri VN I buy.

Well that came out of nowhere.

As a yuri Vn enthusiast i feel like i need to know the quality of the english script first.

Looking forward to see impressions.

Jazz573

Well that came out of nowhere.

As a yuri Vn enthusiast i feel like i need to know the quality of the english script first.

Looking forward to see impressions.

It's Degica so I'm not really worried about the translation. From the screens on the store page it looks fine.

Jazz573

You can even see the Japanese sentence structure in the English. It reads like something translated literally by a native Japanese speaker.

Though Degica says on their twitter that the screenshots are from an early unedited version, but that's what JAST said about Flowers too.

Well I didn't find it even remotely awkward. And I'm a native English speaker.

rickyson1

what do you guys think the odds of root double getting a discount in the summer sale are?

was gonna get it on release but was busy and then just never got around to it and i'd feel silly buying it now if it ends up getting one

should be fine since it just came out like a month and a half ago right?

jonjonaug

what do you guys think the odds of root double getting a discount in the summer sale are?

was gonna get it on release but was busy and then just never got around to it and i'd feel silly buying it now if it ends up getting one

should be fine since it just came out like a month and a half ago right?
Just wait for it if you're worried, there's plenty of other good, even more recent stuff out less likely to go on sale (Fata Morgana for instance) if you want something new.

aravuus

They'd been hinting at it for months. And apparently 5pb did an in-house localization.

Oh sure, that makes sense.

I would've thought an in-house localization would be a good thing (localization people could work directly under the devs/writers/something, translation would be as close to the source material as possible etc) but Knurek's reaction tells me I'm clearly too optimistic lol.

Then again, I know fuck all about localization.

Oh sure, that makes sense.

I would've thought an in-house localization would be a good thing (localization people could work directly under the devs/writers/something, translation would be as close to the source material as possible etc) but Knurek's reaction tells me I'm clearly too optimistic lol.

Then again, I know fuck all about localization.

5pb has no track record with internal localizations, so there's no specific reason to be worried yet. Some other Japanese publishers have gone the cheap route and haven't cared much for quality, but we don't have anything pointing to that being the case here.

Shizuka

Can someone let me know when The House in Fata Morgana goes on sale? Perhaps during the upcoming Steam Summer Sale? I want to buy it, but since I wouldn't play it now, I can wait for a sale.

Or maybe they are just looking for a 3rd party publisher with worse track record RE: delays than JAST. ;)

For Steam? I don't see why they'd need one at all. Visual Arts, Frontwing, and Spike-Chunsoft don't and all indications are that SG Steam is self-published.

Can someone let me know when The House in Fata Morgana goes on sale? Perhaps during the upcoming Steam Summer Sale? I want to buy it, but since I wouldn't play it now, I can wait for a sale.
MangaGamer doesn't really heavily discount its titles so I wouldn't expect more than the launch discount being repeated during the Summer Sale.

Yuuichi

if I had to guess when the first "big" (30%?) sale it would get is going to be, I would guess halloween

Top Bottom