• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

aravuus

Lol, only 20 minutes into root B in RD and
I've already seen pretty much everyone you see in root A
. Funny coincidences.

aravuus

Just don't... expect anything on par with Route A.
It's a chore to play, truth be told. :\

Wow man, tell me about it. This is boring.

At least I can just blaze through all these meaningless conversations. On chapter 5 now, might even finish the route tonight.

The 'narrator' has had a couple of gems on this route, though. Like Natsuhiko saying "I see..." and it getting immediately followed by the narrator's "Actually, he didn't see." Been rewatching Arrested Development for the past week, so I automatically read the narrator's comment in Ron Howard's voice. No idea if it was meant to be humorous, but it was certainly hilarious to me.

e: Finished it. It got much much more interesting towards the end, and the last hour was legit great.
Poor Mashiro! Living with PTSDBoi16 and his delusions must've been rough. Also please.. Please please don't bring Yuuri back to life through some anime bullshit. Come on.

The beginning/first half of Route B is the worst part of an otherwise great game.

It's definitely the weakest part. I think the Before Route is really interesting on a thematic level, but the first half is just interminably paced with a lot of scenes that really drag on. The second half is certainly much stronger.

Sekai Project working with Limited Run & Mighty Rabbit to bring over titles to Vita and PS4 with crossbuy. First game will be announced tomorrow by Sony of America.

aravuus

I'd say the later half isn't all that great either.
Managed to figure out the big plot twist the second time Salyu asked what Yuuri was saying

It was somewhat obvious she wasn't a real person or something else was severely wrong with her fairly early in the route all things considered, but I'm glad they went with her being a PTSD hallucination rather than a BC Ghost Anime Person spawned by Natsuhiko's mega BC powers or something weird like that.

The way Natsuhiko just apparently snapped out of his PTSD was weird, though. I don't think you just go 'boom no more ptsd thanks jesus' like that. But whatever, minor complaint - it's a universe with telepathy and empathy and stuff like that anyway.

Wish I was home. I want to start root C already... But I just came to work. :(

JulianImp

I wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't object to someone with better graphical talent doing it.

Same here. I'm just not good at making stuff look pretty, even though I do love the series and will most likely get it day one on Steam.

If anyone could help with the art, I'd love to work on the contents of the OT and post it myself.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Interesting... and they're getting content that won't be in the PC versions. Rabi-Ribi was actually supposed to be good, too, wasn't it?

Anyway, I'm in for both, and if these are getting physical releases? Oh yeah, I'm absolutely buying those.

This just tells me not to buy their games when they initially release them or at all even. As someone who backed FMO I'd hope they'd back port the new content.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This just tells me not to buy their games when they initially release them or at all even. As someone who backed FMO I don't appreciate that they wouldn't port the new content back to the PC version.

I agree that it's a little fucked... especially for such a niche genre where you should probably be good to your early supporters.

I haven't bought the game yet, though, so I suppose I lucked out here.

Jazz573

This just tells me not to buy their games when they initially release them or at all even. As someone who backed FMO I'd hope they'd back port the new content.

Nine. It's Rabi Ribi that has new content. Not Fault Milestone One.

Nevermind, reread the article, and I'm wrong.

We bring some good news on week of E3. The Labyrinth of Grisaia is now in final QA checks by both Frontwing and us. We’re aiming for a release next week if everything checks out fine.

As if the end of June wasn't crowded enough.

Marche90

The space between everyone's eyes is so exaggerated it makes their faces look quite creepy. Also, what's with the age-restricted store page? Is it meant to be an ecchi game sanitized for Steam release like NekoPara?

You hit the nail on the head. It's going to have an 18+ patch available for this version. We actually commented about this a few months ago when the IGG campaing launched.

Knurek

Root Double Route D.
O_O
I've been literally at the edge of my seat for the last few hours, and it's still the introduction part of the route

Muv Luv is now on Steam. Extra and Unlimited are releasing July 14.

And from the backer update:
Muv-Luv PS Vita to be released on PSN a few months after Steam release

Good news for our PS Vita backers! The developers are also preparing for Muv-Luv PS Vita release, and we expect it to be done as soon as the PC/Steam version is finalized and ready for physical production.
Muv-Luv Unlimited's translation is 99.9% complete, and our QA process has started already. The battle at the frontlines has been very tough, it wasn't all for naught; Our translation process has been smoothened over the months and we believe we can finish Alternative within the year.

And they are teasing announcements at Anime Expo:
Yoshimune-san will be with us again this July 1-July 4 at booth #4210, with huge announcements that’s not only meant for Muv-Luv. We’re inviting Muv-Luv and Kimi ga Nozomu Eien/Rumbling Hearts fans to visit our booth for exciting events and more! Keep in touch with our Twitter and Facebook for Anime Expo announcements such as Muv-Luv cosplay gatherings and autograph session information.

Top Bottom