• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Kieli

It doesn't have it, but I believe the people who have been patching Higurashi have said they will work on this too.

Yeah it's out. I finished it (or two routes of it anyway) a few days ago. The story is a step down from Aselia and the routes are barely different from each other, but the gameplay is still pretty fun and a nice refinement from the first game.

Aw, the story in Aselia wasn't anything to write home about either.

Yuuichi

Aw, the story in Aselia wasn't anything to write home about either.

I'd argue otherwise: it's surpisingly well written and handles itself very well, though the twists aren't particularly surprising, but they're not super easy to guess, either. It's probably the best RPG/VN hybrid I've played.

Verelios

Funny enough, I imported the original version a few years ago and loved it's mechanics/characters as a more forgiving Rance game.

Fast forward to this year and I decided to get Gold too, since I liked the original so much and usually replay sim SRPGS eventually. It was...weird. Not bad, just jarring how some really irrelevant things changed while some things that SHOULD have changed stayed the same. Really odd, but also a good game, I just liked the first better.

jonjonaug

AX has their schedule up. JAST's panel is on Saturday, Sekai's is on Sunday. Mangagamer has two panels, with their main one on Friday and a seperate panel just for Shigeo Hamashima on Sunday. I enjoyed No, Thank You a lot so I'm really looking forward to that last one.

Anyone knows a good 100$ Win10 tablet for VNs?

I am in China next month again, so would love to buy one for my VNs on Steam.

"Good" at sub-$100 is definitely grading on a curve, but I have the HP Stream 7 that I managed to snag on sale for around $50-ish, I think. Any VNs with really hi-res art aren't going to work because of the low screen resolution, but I've played Tsukihime, Higurashi, Steins;Gate, Grisaia, and Fate Stay Night on it and they've all run fine. Only warning is that some games or parts of games don't behave well with a touch-screen (e.g. Higurashi menus), so I have a micro-to-full USB converter and a little wireless mouse I keep around for when I need it.

I'm looking for something better when I have the cash to afford it, but for dirt cheap, it certainly works.

Ephidel

NextNinja were mentioned in the dodgy prefundia/kickstarters from before under staff anyway.

From the prefundia:
Producer / Director / Scenario writer:coyote hayama

Publisher / Marketing: JAPAN CONTENT, INC.

Localize / System Development:Next Ninja, Ltd.

*Note: Visuals/assets courtesy of inre, Inc.

From the cancelled kickstarter:
Producer / Director / Scenario writer: coyote hayama

Localize: Gloczus, Inc.

Publisher/Marketing: JAPAN CONTENT, INC.

System Development: Next Ninja

From the failed kickstarter:
Producer / Director / Scenario writer: coyote hayama

Localize: Gloczus, Inc.

Publisher/Marketing: JAPAN CONTENT, INC.

System Development: Next Ninja

Shizuka

I doubt it's a new publisher. They're changing names every attempt at crowdfunding, they'll just make up a new company for a new attempt.

"Good" at sub-$100 is definitely grading on a curve, but I have the HP Stream 7 that I managed to snag on sale for around $50-ish, I think. Any VNs with really hi-res art aren't going to work because of the low screen resolution, but I've played Tsukihime, Higurashi, Steins;Gate, Grisaia, and Fate Stay Night on it and they've all run fine. Only warning is that some games or parts of games don't behave well with a touch-screen (e.g. Higurashi menus), so I have a micro-to-full USB converter and a little wireless mouse I keep around for when I need it.

I'm looking for something better when I have the cash to afford it, but for dirt cheap, it certainly works.

Is there something better? The HP Stream 7 is just 40$ in China it seems. Wonder if there might be a 150-200$ Tablet.

StereoVsn

Is there something better? The HP Stream 7 is just 40$ in China it seems. Wonder if there might be a 150-200$ Tablet.
Dell had some decent cheaper tablets that could be had for around $100 on outlet with a coupon.

Asus had couple as well but they were a bit more then $100.

Edit: if you are actually buying this in Chjna maybe look at some of the better local brands? Bound to be cheaper.

Jazz573

Grisaia Update #55: The Labyrinth of Grisaia + Purino Party Released Yesterday

Hi Backers,

Just in case you missed it, both The Labyrinth of Grisaia & Purino Party was released yesterday on to Steam.

Frontwing also posted their Anime Expo exclusive merchandise, and their crowdfunding campaign for Corona Blossom is ending in 9 days, please check it out!

We'll have a update on 18+ Labyrinth and Eden status after Anime Expo, please stay tuned for that.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So much traffic on Steam, can't sign in. Budget is tiny right now, so I'm only going to go after the BIG discounts, if I find any on my wishlist.

Finally finished House in Fata Morgana, heavy stuff, 10/10, can't heap enough praise. One of the most mature VNs I've ever read, now all I can do sit and wonder why more people haven't read this.

Finally finished House in Fata Morgana, heavy stuff, 10/10, can't heap enough praise. One of the most mature VNs I've ever read, now all I can do sit and wonder why more people haven't read this.

I would argue thats because of the artstyle. Its the same with anime. If it doesnt have the generic anime artstyle, a lot of people dont even want to watch it.

It's probably that more people just don't know it exists (or at least a lot of the people that would enjoy it), but I've seen people with bad taste complaining about the artstyle.

I would argue thats because of the artstyle. Its the same with anime. If it doesnt have the generic anime artstyle, a lot of people dont even want to watch it.

shit, for me not having that generic anime artstyle was a YUGE plus for the game.

now I'm gonna read something else that won't be nearly as good as HiFM.

how's Tokyo Babel? and Root Double?

That sounds... Like a hell of an ass pull, really.

Personally I'm waiting till I'm finished with RD and ZTD.

I dont know. I encountered that in a lot of anime-communities that dont want to watch an anime, because they dont like the generic moe artstyle.

Kaiji - Damn. Looks shit.
Kaiba. That looks like some Disney Art.
Tatami Galaxy? What is that shit?

I can guess a lot fo VN-fans are put off by the artstyle.

It's probably that more people just don't know it exists (or at least a lot of the people that would enjoy it), but I've seen people with bad taste complaining about the artstyle.

Thats what I mean. Yeah...

aravuus

I dont know. I encountered that in a lot of anime-communities that dont want to watch an anime, because they dont like the generic moe artstyle.

Kaiji - Damn. Looks shit.
Kaiba. That looks like some Disney Art.
Tatami Galaxy? What is that shit?

I can guess a lot fo VN-fans are put off by the artstyle.

Really?

Crazy people

Top Bottom