• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Apparently some dickhead is posting unmarked ZTD spoilers in Reddit threads :(

For every heavy story game , there is always some morons trying to ruin it for others.
*sigh*

-------------
Anyway i saw this game Chusingura+1 S on steam and it's free .. downloading now .. did i miss something ? the premise of the summary seemed ok.. Will try

Labyrinth of Grisaia ends on a pretty lame cliffhanger. Most of the content is your typical fandisc after-story, some of which is amusing. The main story has its moments, but a lot of it just a more in-depth exploration of events already described in the first game and it all feels like a giant tease. The way things are heading after that cliffhanger actually makes me a lot less interested in playing the final game. I suppose we'll always have the common route of Kajitsu.

what is this series about? I've always been unclear if its just mostly slice of life stuff.

Shizuka

I need ideas for the Umineko no Naku Koro ni OT subtitle. I was thinking of something like "DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!", but since that's from the last half of the game, I thought something from the first four chapters would be better.

jonjonaug

I need ideas for the Umineko no Naku Koro ni OT subtitle. I was thinking of something like "DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!", but since that's from the last half of the game, I thought something from the first four chapters would be better.

Without mods, PS3 sprites cannot be seen.

Translations can change form depending on the observer.

Knurek

"Have a Taiwan atlas handy"

Verelios

Should do something in red font, but ha, most people won't get that reference until ep5

I'm bad at these. ''Witches get stitches!'' ?

JulianImp

While Dlanor rocks, she won't even show up for eps 1-4, so that reference would only work for people who have already read through most of it.

Maybe we could go with "Without patches, it can't be heard", or perhaps "And then there were none/was a witch". Sorry, but I'm not all that good with OT subtitles...

jzbluz

I'm pulling for the Hadaka Shitsuji collection or Gakuen Handsome myself. Speaking of BL, I'm bringing my hard copy of NTY to AX for the artist to sign, so that'll be neat.

I don't think the fandom is devoted enough for them to license something that's been translated. My guess is Shingakkou since their translator really likes that game.

Supipara could only be a release date and wouldn't be much of a surprise. Maybe it's Natsuzora no Perseus.

Maybe they're discarding the campaign and releasing the whole thing in English? I'm not that familiar with Minori's catalog so only Supipara came to mind.

Maybe we'll finally get an 18+ otome game.

It's not like there's that many all-ages otome games on PC anyway.

rickyson1

now I remember one of the reasons I so rarely play VNs,they usually feel so uneven

playing through root double and after was good and well paced but start going through the first half of before and it's like i'm playing something totally different

Javier

now I remember one of the reasons I so rarely play VNs,they usually feel so uneven

playing through root double and after was good and well paced but start going through the first half of before and it's like i'm playing something totally different
First half of Before is easily the worst part of the game, to the point I felt like I had to force myself through most of it.

Things REALLY pick up later on (around Ch.5), and after that, it's all uphill, so keep going.

jonjonaug

I don't think the fandom is devoted enough for them to license something that's been translated. My guess is Shingakkou since their translator really likes that game.

The Naked Butler fandisc hasn't been TL'd at least, and Gakuen Handsome's still untouched afaik.

aravuus

Just skim through. I started skipping lines a LOT after I realized the first half is going to be just same shit, can't say I regret doing it. Before thankfully does get a lot more interesting towards the end.

Aters

Just finished one route of Family Project ~Kazoku Keikaku~. Have to say this might be the best VN I've ever played. No insane plot twists, just some lonely souls seeking for warmth and the illusion of a family.

Not for everyone for sure, but if you are already knee deep into the genre, I strongly recommend you to give it a try and find out why Romeo Tanaka is held in such high regard in the industry.

Bowl0l

It's no use (Umineko OT subtitle).
That's Battler favorite line.

JulianImp

It's no use (Umineko OT subtitle).
That's Battler favorite line.

That localized line doesn't really work all that well, since it reads more like "muda da" than Battler's signature "dame da, zen zen dame da ze".

To throw another suggestion into the mix, maybe we could use some variation of "so, 17.5 people go to an island, and...".

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Also the game will be complete as well. I think the anime bombed hard and will never see Chiru animated.
It was such an awful adaption I don't see it being much better than the first season anyways.

Is that the Beastmaster and Chusingura team?

No. Though Tokyo Otaku Mode's involvement is interesting, it says they are handling the PR and merch. Frontwing is still the publisher and localization company apparently.

Lemnisca Translations (the group that translated Root Double, I/O, Killer Queen, Never7), has become an official localization company.

That said, we cannot continue our activities as fan-translators any longer, which is why we are moving into the field of official translation and other support for the games you and we love to play. We are no longer Lemnisca Translations, but rather Lemnisca LLC. from now on. As Lemnisca, we will strive to continue or work to provide you all with translations for games that will entertain you all. We could not have made this huge leap without all your aid and support, and we hope you will continue your support as we move on to new ventures and opportunities.
I assume they must have a project, I wonder what it is.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Sharin no Kuni Kickstarter is up.

Ohhh Tokyo Otaku Mode has an interesting involvement with it. Have they helped publish a game before?

2 quick questions: I assume this was the Himawari game that was announced before? Also vndb doesn't make it sound like an H game, correct? If not I'm in for a boxed edition!

Ohhh Tokyo Otaku Mode has an interesting involvement with it. Have they helped publish a game before?
Not that I'm aware of.
2 quick questions: I assume this was the Himawari game that was announced before? Also vndb doesn't make it sound like an H game, correct? If not I'm in for a boxed edition!
Himawari is a different all-ages game being localized by MangaGamer. The Sharin no Kuni that Frontwing is localizing with this Kickstarter is all-ages with a patch for 18+ content.

Aizo

Banned
Has anyone played Root Letter? I got the timed demo, and I am not sure if I even want to play it if I'm not going to commit.

Sölf

Why not a play on the epitaph? But with "post" instead of "kill". :0

Top Bottom