• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

If only aselia didn't have those annoying route requirements , and all those sub systems during war, i would have loved that game.
A total shame because the story isn't bad

Jazz573

Just bought these two.

kAYWzNp.png

I'm going to play these after Chaos;Head.

Edit: If any of you want my JAST USA key for Aselia, PM me. I'm giving it away since I already have a physical copy.

Edit: Taken.

Yuuichi

Is Aselia any good?

It's so good that I own two physical copies of it. It's kind of hard because I can guarantee you've never played anything quite like it. It shows it's age for sure, but it's still a shockingly good game with a story that, for all it's tropes, is much better than it should be.

Buy it.
Buy it.
Buy it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Apparently I don't have a J-list account. I think I ordered S;G and my other stuff from the JAST store directly so I was confused when I couldn't log in. lol

Jazz573

How much is Fruit of Grisaia expected to be? Might pick it up considering I've quite liked the anime.

I think you'll probably like it, considering that most people seem to think the anime is garbage. There is a lot of story that is lost in the Steam version. This is retained in the 18+ version, so if you aren't bothered by adult content, I'd suggest waiting for that version. Unfortunately, sekaiproject says that version probably won't come out for another month. I'm personally not buying the Steam version, as I backed the kickstarter for the physical all-ages version and the digital 18+ version. The 18+ version will only be sold digitally.

Edit: Speaking of Grisaia, is there anyone doing an OT for it?

Edit: Might as well discuss what I'm playing right now. I'm playing Chaos;Head right now and so far I'm enjoying it.

I think you'll probably like it, considering that most people seem to think the anime is garbage. There is a lot of story that is lost in the Steam version. This is retained in the 18+ version, so if you aren't bothered by adult content, I'd suggest waiting for that version. Unfortunately, sekaiproject says that version probably won't come out for another month. I'm personally not buying the Steam version, as I backed the kickstarter for the physical all-ages version and the digital 18+ version. The 18+ version will only be sold digitally.

Edit: Speaking of Grisaia, is there anyone doing an OT for it?

Edit: Might as well discuss what I'm playing right now. I'm playing Chaos;Head right now and so far I'm enjoying it.

Aren't there usually mods that add the 18+ content back into the game?

Really? I heard there was a lot of important story content removed. Besides I've heard that some of the H-scenes add a lot to character development.

I haven't heard of anything being "removed" beyond the sex scenes, which are unimportant except in one route, and even then I'd have to see how the all ages version gets around it before saying it's much of a downgrade. This is an actual all ages version of the game, not something where they just ripped out content.
Aren't there usually mods that add the 18+ content back into the game?
People from Sekai Project are saying that it won't be easy to patch, but we'll see how true that really is.

cj_iwakura

People from Sekai Project are saying that it won't be easy to patch, but we'll see how true that really is.

I've heard that before. Esper figured out Exceed GBC1 in a matter of hours.
(Context: Nyu Media said the script couldn't be translated because they had no source code. We patched it in no time.)

I've heard that before. Esper figured out Exceed GBC1 in a matter of hours.

The Japanese publisher (Frontwing) treats these as two separate products, so Sekai Project is probably just begin careful to not endorse any uncensor patches. They're locking anything about it on the Steam forums. It makes sense when you think of how different versions of the games have even different names in the credits such as voice actors using fake names for adult versions.

Jazz573

1 hour till Grisaia!

Clannad's progress has been really quick. 75% of the translation done? For something the size of Clannad? Wow.

Yeah that is pretty quick. At this rate it will end up releasing sooner than the projected October release.

I've been playing Chaos;Head since yesterday. I'm on
the fourth chapter of the AA route, and so far I'm really enjoying it. As for characters, Takumi's a cool guy even though he's a total perv, and his seems to be a little bit too delusional.

Then there's his little sister Nanami, probably one of the most annoying characters in the game. I honestly don't know how he puts up with her.

Misumi is a total prick, but I guess he's the only person who really talks to him. I mean as far as annoying classmates go he's honestly not that bad. He's definitely not the most annoying classmate in a game, that award goes to Shinji in F/SN.

FES is cool. Since I played Steins;Gate before this, I realized her band sings the Rainet theme song. I also noticed that the frogs originated from this game.

Sena is pretty unnerving. While I think Takumi is deluded about Rimi, I'm pretty sure there's more than meets the eye about her.

Yua seeemed nice at first, but I'm not sure how to feel about her now. The police seem suspicious. I have no idea what to think of Shogun.

Also, Takumi has a really unhealthy obsession with Seira.

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Yuuichi

Clannad's progress has been really quick. 75% of the translation done? For something the size of Clannad? Wow.

People on the job full time is a magical thing. I'm not sure if any other company has full time translators like I think Sekai has right now, do correct me if I'm wrong.

Yuuichi

I feel like picking that bundle for Aselia, basically. Already own GoGo Nippon and I'm not sure the rest is any good.

Demonbane is supposed to be very good, I would ignore the rest.

Edit: Other than Aselia, that was supposed to be implied but I can't English.

Finiahed the first episode of Higurashi, I am satisfied for what I paid for. I am going to buy Watanagashi when it comes out, if Umineko is any indication this will gdt GOOD.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Pretty neat to see more and more visual novels being added to Steam. Interesting in seeing what eventually ends up on there in the future.

I've given up on a Steins;Gate Steam release at this point.

Shiina

Most VNs are unfit to be released on Steam in the first place unless they neuter them. The whole 'no-Steam no-buy' mentality for PC games is really weird as well.

Most VNs are unfit to be released on Steam in the first place unless they neuter them. The whole 'no-Steam no-buy' mentality for PC games is really weird as well.

There are plenty that are fit or that have all ages versions that can be used. Steam gives VNs access to a larger market, more than the small group of people who buy games off of MangaGamer's website or Jlist. It's also a market that actually spends money and doesn't just pirate everything. So yeah, Steam is a big deal for a reason.

Top Bottom