• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Shizuka

It's a remake based off the Vita version of the game that Front Wing is working on.

There is a Vita version? Oh man.

Just noticed that Prototype is in charge of the Vita port of most of these big visual novels:

69.jpg

63.jpg

79.jpg

77.jpg

71.jpg

70.jpg

Likely.

If you really just want a "OK this is who did this and how and why" solution, look up the "Confessions of the Golden Witch" chapters from the manga version of Twilight of the Golden Witch.

Only found the first one translated, which was a good, clearer recap of parts of ep 7 with the visuals I actually wanted. I see there are two more chapters. They explain what happened in eps 1-6?

Something Ryukishi himself released that you could read is "Our Confession". I think I read it in some Umineko wiki, and it explains things really well by tackling a hypothetical extra episode rather than just explaining the previous ones. If you want to have things explained to you, you could read let's plays such as Goats Reading Seacats as well.

Also, an earlier post I made also explains most of the first game, and if you want I could try and summarize the other ones in this thread as well.

Nah, that's probably a lot of writing. I just want to find some explanations for ep 1-6. Been exploring the tvtropes page and I found stuff I had no idea, like how
Shannon's death in ep 4 was a suicide
and stuff like that. Want to know where people are getting that information.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Nah, that's probably a lot of writing. I just want to find some explanations for ep 1-6. Been exploring the tvtropes page and I found stuff I had no idea, like how
Shannon's death in ep 4 was a suicide
and stuff like that. Want to know where people are getting that information.

A lot of it was in the game not but specifically pointed out. I'm not surprised you missed a lot of the subtler things though since you missed out on Will's pointing out the paradox between
Shannon, Kanon, Beatrice, and Yasu.

Josephl64

I guess it goes without saying that I'll buy any AliceSoft title that comes across localized since I import every single one that gets released.

For them to get releasing tons more in the West, Haruka just needs to be successful...going to get one for myself and several more for friends. Needs to happen. One day people will eventually learn who the girl in my avatar is then ~

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I guess it goes without saying that I'll buy any AliceSoft title that comes across localized since I import every single one that gets released.

For them to get releasing tons more in the West, Haruka just needs to be successful...going to get one for myself and several more for friends. Needs to happen. One day people will eventually learn who the girl in my avatar is then.

If it makes you feel any better I've already known for a while.

Jazz573

For them to get releasing tons more in the West, Haruka just needs to be successful...going to get one for myself and several more for friends. Needs to happen. One day people will eventually learn who the girl in my avatar is then ~

Celebrating by listening to oldschool PC-98 Alicesoft tunes. :p

I'm really excited about Umineko, I've always wanted to play it. I am surprised there were no BL games announced though considering how well No, Thank You!!! has done for MG. Even at the expo, the NTY merch was the first to sell out, and it preformed well enough to warrant a hard copy release.

Hopefully we'll hear some more on that front soon.

You've played Haruka then? How is it?

Anyone has an idea what Valves stance is on eroge? I mean releasing an all ages version and then use a patch to unlock the eroge content. Some games do it, so I wonder if Valve would condone that.

jonjonaug

If we got Atlach=Nacha out of the deal what with Mangagamer saying that they want to do more yuri titles I'd be really happy.

Jazz573

Anyone has an idea what Valves stance is on eroge? I mean releasing an all ages version and then use a patch to unlock the eroge content. Some games do it, so I wonder if Valve would condone that.

They said they'd be okay if it was behind an age-gate.

If we got Atlach=Nacha out of the deal what with Mangagamer saying that they want to do more yuri titles I'd be really happy.

I think it's a bit too old. :p

Speaking of Alicesoft tunes, one of my favourites is "Like a Fighting Whirlwind" from Only You.

They seem to let the patches go, but I'm not sure if that's their official policy or if they are just ignoring it for now.

Josephl64

You've played Haruka then? How is it?

Great, haven't played a bad AliceSoft game yet, ChampionSoft hasn't aged nearly as well, but I don't see that ever happening.

yeah, but that's relatively unknown and old, if AliceSoft really does get huge we might get it after Haruka, Escalayer, Pastel Chime, Rance, Daiteikoku, Daibanchou, and Toushin Toshi...maybe after Galzoo, Drapeko, Evenicle...yeah what I'm saying is it'll be awhile.

They said they'd be okay if it was behind an age-gate.

I think it's a bit too old. :p

Speaking of Alicesoft tunes, one of my favourites is "Like a Fighting Whirlwind" from Only You.

Oh that one's really great, I'm just thinking "My Glorious Days" is really fitting for the moment right now though.

Josephl64

the Rance series, Kichikuou Rance's ver. is the one that comes to mind for me, but Sengoku Rance's ver. is probably most memorable for most everyone

Jazz573

the Rance series, Kichikuou Rance's ver. is the one that comes to mind for me, but Sengoku Rance's ver. is probably most memorable for most everyone

Fav composer: Shade or DragonAttack? I'd say Shade by a longshot. Though DragonAttack did some good stuff in TT2 and Ambivalenz.

Maybe they could snag some Alice Blue titles for their BL collection.

Josephl64

I guess the only reason I'm not as hyped for Sonicomi and G Senjou no Maou, is because I completed and own both of them.

Flowers interests me, but Haruka has it beat within my preferences.

Knurek

It's Root Double, which is a VN directed by Takumi Nakazawa (the other half of the Infinity series duo). The OP got leaked earlier today. From what I hear it's supposedly very good, with less emotional impact than Ever17 but better constructed than I/O. This is supposedly "one of" the surprises at the Sekai Project panel, so expect at least one other cool game out of them and at least one whopper of an announcement from Mangagamer. Every Mangagamer person I know is really excited, they have something big.

EDIT: This isn't exactly news either, a translation of Root Double has been planned for a while now. Sekai just bought up the planned fan TL.

If it's as 'good' as Nakazawa's previous Regista's work, I/O...
I don't think I will touch the game with a ten foot pole. I/O just crumbled to bits in the later half.

With how well Higurashi has sold on Steam, it's no surprise they are going after more of his work.

I wouldn't really call 31,056 ± 3,998 (and 20k before that $2 bundle) a best-seller. Unfortunately.

I wasn't aware of Chrono Cross or PurpleSoftware at all except for some images and basic information as I was looking at VNDB a few months ago. Heck, I didn't know Sonicomi existed until right about now either.

Still, I don't even know where I'm going to start with all of this awesome news other than G Senjou no Maou (which I know I want). And now I want to know more about BaldrSky on top of what got announced.

Top Bottom