• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Shizuka

Umineko!!!

latest

jonjonaug

I wonder why they started with Beat Blades Haruka.

Alicesoft wants to test the waters with Mangagamer before allowing them to have their more lucrative jewels, or their extensive back catalog (I'd buy Atlach=Nacha in a heartbeat).

21:56:41 <bay|AX|MangaGamer> Q: Negotiations to bring Rance over?
21:57:08 <bay|AX|MangaGamer> A: As you may know, that's Alicesoft's most famous game, so of course that's what we wanted to do, but to test the waters of the english market, they do haruka first, and we thought it would be an interest title
21:57:15 <bay|AX|MangaGamer> so buy lots of haruka, and we'll bring you rance

upandaway

Aaahhhh!! Umineko!!!!!

I actually planned on playing it this summer but I don't know about that now. Dang. I hope they don't take 10 years to do it.

I also don't like the new sprites, and I'm not a fan of the old sprites either. What are the chances of getting a PS3 sprites patch? Praying.

This was the event to be for big visual novel writes. Uchikoshi, Kodaka, Ryukishi07, were there more?

The other big profile writers are more successful domestically, no?

It's going to be a while before we'd get Nasu and Takeuchi talking about their visual novels instead of about their anime when it comes to the west. =(

This was the event to be for big visual novel writes. Uchikoshi, Kodaka, Ryukishi07, were there more?
There is actually one other person that had a larger presence at AX than the rest combined, and he was neither physically present at AX nor does he have any localized VN project yet.

The last biggest white whale is a mushroom.

jonjonaug

Kinda wish we got Sharin no Kuni since Maou's structure was kinda bleh with a weaker twist.

If G-Sen does well we will likely get Sharin next, considering that also has a complete fan TL. G-Sen is the more popular game in the West so that's what's coming over first.

If both do well there's the possibility of other Akabei Soft2 games in the future.

Top Bottom